Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Importing a car to the US fro Canada.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2017, 09:04 AM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
Importing a car to the US fro Canada.

How hard is it to import a Canadian car to the US? The car I'm thinking about is a 2000 Rolls Royce.

Old 04-24-2017, 09:48 AM
smdzucladoc is on a distinguished road
I got my Scud from Canada and it was super easy. However it was originally a us car that got imported to canada so it had all the DOT and EPA stickers and it was a 2008.
If the car has those you should be fine. Hopefully not importing it to California as DMV took a long time to get me my title.
TFX transport my car and handle the import papers.

Old 04-24-2017, 03:15 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
Unfortunately it is a Canadian car. I really don't need another car, but this is something I have always admired.

Old 04-24-2017, 07:01 PM
4x4sche is an unknown quantity at this point
As a Land Rover enthusiast in WA State I have knowledge of people bringing in Land Rover Defenders. Even for a Canadian car this is easier but not a simple process. I have seen people turned back at the border in Canadian cars when they are driving them back, and also saw someone with one on a trailer was refused entry. Even if you get it in into the USA, Registration can also be difficult without the correct papers, (unless you live in a lenient state). The Feds seized 40 Land Rovers and crushed a number of these. My friend used to work for a "Registered Importer" in Florida and the entire business was focussed on importing grey market Rolls Royces. You can't import a vehicle that was not originally sold in the USA unless it is over 25 years old or the manufacturer assists with providing certification data and it is modified as necessary by a Registered Importer. Modifications include installing side marker lights, airbag safety stickers and other similar things. A 2000 Rolls Royce is not on the EPA list of exceptions that have already been allowed. Rolls likely won't cooperated with you on this.
Don't even try it.

Old 04-24-2017, 10:02 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
You live in Florida, there's probably more Rolls in Miami Beach than all of Canada

Old 04-24-2017, 10:59 PM
cadman is a jewel in the roughcadman is a jewel in the roughcadman is a jewel in the rough
you might want to ask pres trump first, he's not happy with canada right now

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.