Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Vantage 4.3 Coolant Leak

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2017, 02:37 PM
MrRobot is on a distinguished road
Vantage 4.3 Coolant Leak

I believe the water pump on my 07 4.3 Vantage is leaking fairly substantially. I have not been able to find any info at all online about this, either replacement parts or info on the replacement process.

Here's a pic of the underbody: https://i.imgur.com/lbUgupp.jpg

Does anyone have any experience with such a process? I am weighing options of bringing it to a shop or going full DIY.

Old 04-24-2017, 02:51 PM
Banned
Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !
No way to tell what's leaking in that picture - nothing in the pic is related to the coolant system. If you can figure out where it's leaking from we can go from there.

Old 04-24-2017, 03:10 PM
MrRobot is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Redpants
No way to tell what's leaking in that picture - nothing in the pic is related to the coolant system. If you can figure out where it's leaking from we can go from there.
Thank you I will try to get some better pics, as far as I could tell I could only see the white residue coming from the main pulley area in the center of the block.

Old 04-24-2017, 03:15 PM
mkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud of
The thermostat is located on the driver side of the engine, near the pulley, a bit above the valve covers (looking at the car from the front). So take a look there and see

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.