Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Dealing with Parking Lots

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2017, 06:56 AM
Old phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the rough
I just use caution in picking my spots. I enjoy driving it too much to not take it because I'm worried about parking.
Valet depends on the establishment.
I enjoy letting others see it out and about. I'm a regular at Lowes and Home Depot in the lot with the top down and passenger seat filled with stuff.
Call me crazy and maybe it's the area but I'll often leave the top down when I go into stores.

Old 05-18-2017, 07:36 AM
astonChap will become famous soon enough
Have not used a valet yet... will pay extra when I inevitably do to keep it up front (i like the idea of self parking and keeping the key!)

Live in NYC, so don't really need a car and bicycle most of the time, however, whenever I get a chance I take the car out (including errands I really really don't need )

Also leave the top down when parked whilst shopping and have been lucky thus far (no items are left out in the open).

Old 05-19-2017, 04:56 AM
SpongeBob is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Old phart
I enjoy letting others see it out and about. I'm a regular at Lowes and Home Depot in the lot with the top down and passenger seat filled with stuff.
Many thanks for your feedback. Do you find yourself running absolutely unnecessary errands just as an excuse to drive your Aston? Wife run out of safety pins? "Don't worry honey, I'll run over to Walmart to pick some up for you." Never mind that it's 30 miles away. Run out of flea spray for the dog? Yet another reason to hop in the Aston and motor away. Need more paper for your wife's origami fetish? You volunteer in a nanosecond to run over to Hobby Lobby to replenish her supply. Always looking for a reason to drive somewhere!

Old 05-19-2017, 07:23 AM
Old phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the rough
I need to run to the bank. All I've got are 20's and I need some 10's and 5's. Also always needing sprinkler parts for the backyard.

Old 05-19-2017, 09:46 AM
EZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud of
Was at the grocery store last week. Gentleman pushes his cart up as I was exiting my car and says, "Wish my wife would let me have a grocery getter like that!" Remind me to thank my wife.

Old 05-19-2017, 12:02 PM
era2076 is on a distinguished road

Old 05-19-2017, 02:11 PM
Mathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Old phart
I need to run to the bank. All I've got are 20's and I need some 10's and 5's. Also always needing sprinkler parts for the backyard.
I *ALWAYS* take it when I go to the bank. And somehow, the president of the branch is always available to help me... not even kidding.

And I also agree with sentiments around driving it so others can enjoy it. It's like if you owned Starry Night... would you keep it in your living room, or would you loan it to a museum for everyone to enjoy? Before owning an Aston, I loved the occasion of seeing them on the road. Now, I get to give some beauty back to the world.

Last edited by Mathman85; 05-19-2017 at 02:14 PM.
Old 05-19-2017, 03:03 PM
Originally Posted by Mathman85
Before owning an Aston, I loved the occasion of seeing them on the road. Now, I get to give some beauty back to the world.
The only drawback has been that I feel obligated to keep it in pristine condition when i go out. Black paint soooooo lots of washing.
Just purchased a water filtration system for washing it and am excited to try it out this weekend! What an odd lot we are.

Old 05-19-2017, 11:30 PM
Dalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to behold
I went to a restaurant tonight with valet parking and just said I want to park myself. He said just park it right here, at the front and I'll look after it. He got a nice tip when I left.

Old 05-22-2017, 08:40 AM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Mathman85
....Before owning an Aston, I loved the occasion of seeing them on the road. Now, I get to give some beauty back to the world.
That is so true!!!

I remember, before I owned my Vantage, that excitement holding on for days after I spotted an Aston.

I try to drive her as much as I can.

Old 05-22-2017, 08:47 AM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by era2076

Kinda takes away from the mystique when it's sitting next to a Chevy truck.

Old 05-22-2017, 08:54 AM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
My daily has a few dings, there's no avoiding having someone park next to you, no matter where you park. It seems to always be either an SUV or minivan with kids in the back. Kids are the worst for causing door dings. I can park out in the corner of a parking lot, 20 spaces open all over the place, and someone comes and parks right next to me. It's herd mentality, I get it, but it's very aggravating. NEVER take up two spaces. That seems to bring out such disdain that it's asking for vandalism. So as much as I'd like to drive my special cars to do normal things, I'll only park them somewhere that I know has some potential for avoiding sidelers.

Old 05-22-2017, 09:39 AM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
No matter what car I'm driving I always park far out in the parking lot. Most people are lazy and don't want to walk anymore than the have to. Always park next to an island so you car only be dented on one side. Even then always with the passengers side door next to me. It helps but there is always haters and it is something we just have to live with. We have a Tiguan that we use when we know we will be parking in a parking lot or garage.

Old 05-22-2017, 11:34 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by blue2000s
My daily has a few dings, there's no avoiding having someone park next to you, no matter where you park. It seems to always be either an SUV or minivan with kids in the back. Kids are the worst for causing door dings. I can park out in the corner of a parking lot, 20 spaces open all over the place, and someone comes and parks right next to me. It's herd mentality, I get it, but it's very aggravating. NEVER take up two spaces. That seems to bring out such disdain that it's asking for vandalism. So as much as I'd like to drive my special cars to do normal things, I'll only park them somewhere that I know has some potential for avoiding sidelers.
yep I avoid parking next to minivans and beat up SUV's as much as possible! Kids ruin anything nice!

Old 05-22-2017, 07:07 PM
Aldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud of
Yes...parking lots bring the nuts out..haha
Sunday my wife and I go to public park in Smithville central Jersey...I park and for 300 feet on either side it is open....

I swear we are not 100 feet from the car and 2 cars park on either side of me...than have the nerve to take pics of themselves standing around the car...
When I asked them to please do not touch...I am the bad guy...I moved the car...came back later and more cars...ahhhhhh

Oh well...no damage at least...to the car or me...haha

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.