Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Dealing with Parking Lots

Old 05-23-2017, 10:09 AM
SpongeBob is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Aldv
I swear we are not 100 feet from the car and 2 cars park on either side of me...than have the nerve to take pics of themselves standing around the car...When I asked them to please do not touch...I am the bad guy...I moved the car...came back later and more cars...ahhhhhh Oh well...no damage at least...to the car or me...haha
That is amazing. Why is it that some people have absolutely 0 clue? Why can they not respect the property and wishes of others? Can they not simply deduce that perhaps you don't want anyone around your car and so that's why you park away from everyone? Just don't get it. Very sad that respect for others has become the exception when it used to be the norm...(climbing off the soapbox now)...

Old 05-23-2017, 02:01 PM
captain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by AXARUNNER
I do not treat my Aston any differently than my Dog's 2007 A4 Avant.

Mods you guys need to speak to this member ...... he is obviously not a Aston man

Old 05-23-2017, 06:27 PM
Dustan is on a distinguished road
I want to enjoy the car as much as possible but I chicken out when the time comes to take her out to a parking lot. Way to many careless don't give a **** humans out there.

Old 05-24-2017, 07:32 AM
Originally Posted by Dustan
I want to enjoy the car as much as possible but I chicken out when the time comes to take her out to a parking lot. Way to many careless don't give a **** humans out there.
Very true. Have to believe there might be a jealousy factor out there too...

Old 05-25-2017, 11:38 AM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
I park far away, but if there is another nice and cared for car parked out there I will park next to it. I figure I 'm doing us both a favor.

Old 05-25-2017, 01:35 PM
embdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to behold
You can never figure out what people will do. You can park a POS at the very corner of a parking lot, all by its self. Return an hour later and there is sure to be another car (or cars) parked right next to it.

Old 05-27-2017, 02:01 PM
Mathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of light
My experience has generally been considerably better than what's being described on here... I've noticed people tend to be extra careful around my car because everyone loves it. (Perhaps you guys need to paint on some yellow accents? lol)

However, I did have an inadvertently negative experience today. My car was parked, power folding mirrors in, and I think someone thought they were doing me a favor by trying to pull out the mirror. They likely realized their mistake and pushed it back in, but the act pulled the mirror off the track and it didn't go out all the way when I unlocked the car. (If they hadn't pushed it back in, I'd assume the intent was malicious.)

Fortunately, the problem was resolved by pushing the mirror in manually and unlocking/locking the car (there was an audible snap, and the mirrors returned to normal function).

Edit: Some searching suggests that the motors can have issues on their own... will update if that's all it was.

Last edited by Mathman85; 05-27-2017 at 05:39 PM.
Old 05-27-2017, 07:22 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
Last year when I had the black Vantage a friend and I went to the Mecum auction in Kissimmee. When we got to the parking lot they just waved us through without having to pay for parking. We followed their directions and they had us park very close to the auction tent. The attendant said please park her sir and we will keep an eye on your beautiful car.

Old 05-27-2017, 07:29 PM
Aldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud of
Someone got a big tip I bet!😀

Old 05-29-2017, 05:33 AM
larryg is on a distinguished road
As I may have mentioned in an earlier thread, IMO special cars simply can't be left in parking lots unless the owners are willing to accept the consequences.
To most, automobiles are seen as appliances. An Aston is no different than a Honda Civic. You are clearly asking for trouble and at some point trouble is assured.
I never leave my Aston or R8 in any lot.
I see them as toys....my old Jeep or Macan can take the hits

Last edited by larryg; 05-29-2017 at 05:39 AM.
Old 05-29-2017, 12:15 PM
Originally Posted by larryg
As I may have mentioned in an earlier thread, IMO special cars simply can't be left in parking lots unless the owners are willing to accept the consequences.
To most, automobiles are seen as appliances. An Aston is no different than a Honda Civic. You are clearly asking for trouble and at some point trouble is assured.
Unfortunately, I believe you are right on. Most people either view them as appliances, have no clue what they are or are just plain envious. In any event, it may make more sense to take a more common car when running errands and hopping from parking lot to parking lot. My other car is a Cayenne Turbo S but no issues parking so far....have a great Memorial Day.

Last edited by SpongeBob; 05-29-2017 at 12:16 PM. Reason: typos
Old 05-29-2017, 12:54 PM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by larryg
That's all well and good, but it doesn't explain people parking next to you when you deliberately park far out away from everything. Just this morning I parked my Infiniti, which isn't uncommon at all around here, far enough out that there were plenty of parking spaces between where I was and the grocery store. No one else near me. When I came back out, there was a Hyundai SUV parked in the very next spot. Still plenty of closer spots and still no other cars around. Herd mentality, aggravating.

Old 05-29-2017, 02:25 PM
GCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond repute
I wouldn't let any of YOU drive ANY of my cars let alone the ones in my sig. Valets, not a chance.

that said i take everything to walmart and park wherever I want without thinking about it

Old 05-29-2017, 04:49 PM
Springer is an unknown quantity at this point
I have taken mine to a few hotels and restaurants but always worried about it! You have to drive something when you go, but I have probably been lucky so far with the Aston. I made the mistake of letting valet park a new Bentley and they scraped the front on the curb. Never again.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.