Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Screws in the trunk

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2017, 03:55 PM
Gambit is on a distinguished road
Screws in the trunk

I plan to build a permanent style organizer on that, pretty much useless, slanted area in the trunk. Was wondering if i can use short screws to screw into that area? any thoughts?

Old 05-17-2017, 04:03 PM
Banned
Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !
The fuel cell is underneath that, so I wouldn't recommend drilling. You might be able to tack-weld some mounting points, though.

Old 05-17-2017, 04:11 PM
Originally Posted by Redpants
The fuel cell is underneath that, so I wouldn't recommend drilling. You might be able to tack-weld some mounting points, though.
They have these Cargo Net holder clips screwed in, I was thinking of using same size / length screw. will that be ok?

Old 05-17-2017, 07:17 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Instead of permanent why not some Velcro or similar to hold it in place on the carpet?

Old 05-17-2017, 08:26 PM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
Velcro won't grab the carpet. Too high end for that...

Cargo net thread:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...t-vantage.html

Old 05-17-2017, 08:31 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
The carpet pulls out, you can sew the velcro on where you want it. Although I agree on the cargo net. I have no idea why I left mine in my 370 when I sold it to the dealer, it would have worked very well in the V. [was an Infinity Q35 net]

Old 05-17-2017, 10:17 PM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
They're $8 on ebay.

Old 05-18-2017, 12:10 PM
captain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to behold
Only cargo I put in vantage .... is self loading cargo.....

Old 05-18-2017, 12:15 PM
Originally Posted by captain Greg
Only cargo I put in vantage .... is self loading cargo.....
Despite the possible danger of being banned form this site i'm gonna come out and say it: I use my car daily. park on streets, carry gym bags, grocery shopping ,etc. I expect to be putting about 12K miles on car yearly...

Old 05-18-2017, 12:24 PM
captain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Gambit
Despite the possible danger of being banned form this site i'm gonna come out and say it: .
Why would you think you going to get banned, for such calm honest reasons for driving your car??? I mean its not like you have locked some under age "hot" teen honey in the trunk now have you?....

Old 05-18-2017, 12:56 PM
Originally Posted by captain Greg
Why would you think you going to get banned, for such calm honest reasons for driving your car??? I mean its not like you have locked some under age "hot" teen honey in the trunk now have you?....
I wish, yet the thought had crossed my mind... but i'm into plus size women, they won't fit, I'll need to get a pick up truck..

LOL just kidding of course.

Old 05-18-2017, 01:08 PM
Any woman that could fit in my trunk would not interest me. I prefer my entertainment over 4" tall

Old 05-18-2017, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by HabitualOffender
Any woman that could fit in my trunk would not interest me. I prefer my entertainment over 4" tall
What is she's a contortionist ?

Old 05-18-2017, 01:11 PM
If she's 5'4" and can tuck her ankles behind her ears, I'd let her ride in the passenger seat

Old 05-19-2017, 03:37 PM
embdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to behold
Fabricate something and then secure (bolt) it to the sides of the trunk area. That might work

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.