Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Question about handbrake handle....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-13-2017, 12:57 PM
terminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to behold
Question about handbrake handle....

Pardon my ignorance, but if anyone can answer this question, I'd be grateful.

I ordered a replacement handbrake grip but I am not sure how to remove the one that's in place now.

The above is what I'll be installing....

Does the handbrake grip screw-off, or do I have to replace the entire handbrake assembly?

Naturally, it will be an easier job if I merely need to unscrew the present metal one. From the assembly drawings, however, it looks like the two pieces are built as one, or they may be glued together. So far, I have been unable to separate the two.

In line with the "rules" for disassembly, I am hesitant to use excessive force unless I am sure of the fastening mechanism.

Thanks in advance!
TAC

Old 05-13-2017, 12:57 PM
terminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to behold
Oh dear, look at the size of that picture!!!

Old 05-13-2017, 01:04 PM
see https://www.astonmartintechinfo.com/.../060500_C2.asp

This is for a DBP, but shows the handbrake assembly

Old 05-14-2017, 05:00 PM
Anybody? I can't believe no one knows the answer to my question.

Old 05-14-2017, 06:49 PM
Timodc is a splendid one to beholdTimodc is a splendid one to beholdTimodc is a splendid one to beholdTimodc is a splendid one to beholdTimodc is a splendid one to beholdTimodc is a splendid one to beholdTimodc is a splendid one to beholdTimodc is a splendid one to behold
It's glued to the metal handbrake assembly.

Old 05-14-2017, 07:17 PM
Originally Posted by Timodc
It's glued to the metal handbrake assembly.
Thank you sir! Last thing I wanted to hear, but such is life.

Old 05-14-2017, 09:24 PM
Timodc is a splendid one to beholdTimodc is a splendid one to beholdTimodc is a splendid one to beholdTimodc is a splendid one to beholdTimodc is a splendid one to beholdTimodc is a splendid one to beholdTimodc is a splendid one to beholdTimodc is a splendid one to behold
Put on a rubber glove and give it a couple good twists and it'll come right off. I've re-installed them with a little euro-seal glue and haven't had one come back off that I know of.

Old 05-15-2017, 05:28 PM
Originally Posted by Timodc
Put on a rubber glove and give it a couple good twists and it'll come right off. I've re-installed them with a little euro-seal glue and haven't had one come back off that I know of.
Thank you sir!

Old 05-23-2017, 04:08 PM
And so the kit came and the handle is attached to the brake assembly. As such, the entire brake assembly needs to be exchanged.

Can the brake handle be removed with take out the seat?

A quick reply would be greatly appreciated!

TAC

Old 05-23-2017, 04:23 PM
I've done it by moving the seat up but it's a lot easier with the seat out.

Old 05-23-2017, 04:34 PM
Thanks for the quick reply, Timodc. My hesitancy about removing the seat has all to do with having to do any resets after I remove the seat.

Old 05-23-2017, 04:45 PM
Trust me... The time it will save you having the seat out will be worth having to do the reset.

Old 05-25-2017, 07:36 PM
This is a wrap. If I remove the seats, I may have to reset the seats and the windows and do a relearn for misfires due to the car losing the stored misfire information.

I'll have the dealer install this part.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.