Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Updates to Nitron Coilovers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-16-2017, 12:44 AM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Updates to Nitron Coilovers

Hi Everyone,

As you know we've been selling the Nitron Coilover kits for several years now. There's been some iterative changes over the years, so worth mentioning a few options that are now available:

- Choice of Remote or Damper mounted Adjustment
- Full Ride height adjustability
- Enough damping rate adjustability to dial right back to OEM ride comfort, or close to race setups.
- Choice of Spring Rates
- Bearing eye mount and option of "helper or tender" springs.

Also, due to XR fluctuations & lower production costs, there has been a 33% reduction in cost for both DB9 & V8V Models.

http://www.velocityap.com/ProductDet...ELAMV8Coilover

http://www.velocityap.com/admin/Admi...VELDB9Coilover

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
Office: (1)250-485-5126
www.velocityap.com
Old 06-16-2017, 04:36 PM
supraholic will become famous soon enoughsupraholic will become famous soon enough
Wow, nice. What would you recommend for spring rates for a v12v? I'd like the ability to dial-in a stock ride quality with just marginally stiffer adjustability (w/ lower ride height of course). I don't track so street ride quality is key for me. Thanks Stuart!

-Dan

Old 06-16-2017, 11:29 PM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by supraholic
Wow, nice. What would you recommend for spring rates for a v12v? I'd like the ability to dial-in a stock ride quality with just marginally stiffer adjustability (w/ lower ride height of course). I don't track so street ride quality is key for me. Thanks Stuart!

-Dan
Send me an email Dan and we can figure out what will work for you. Generally we recommend spring rates fairly close to OEM.

Stuart@VelocityAP.com

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 06-16-2017, 11:39 PM
keitheva is a glorious beacon of lightkeitheva is a glorious beacon of lightkeitheva is a glorious beacon of lightkeitheva is a glorious beacon of lightkeitheva is a glorious beacon of lightkeitheva is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Stuart@VelocityAP
- Enough damping rate adjustability to dial right back to OEM ride comfort, or close to race setups
R u sure they can be dialed back to OEM ride?

I was recently told the following in an email from Nitron Tech Support:

"They will be slightly stiffer and less compliant than stock"

Old 06-16-2017, 11:44 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by keitheva
R u sure they can be dialed back to OEM ride?

I was recently told the following in an email from Nitron Tech Support:

"They will be slightly stiffer and less compliant than stock"
Slightly stiffer than stock I agree with. Less compliant... dunno, I have a fair bit of seat time on these coilovers and I personally find the damping to be pretty good. If you were driving on washboard, sure, they are going to spill your coffee but I don't know that I would describe them as less compliant.

I find the car settles more quickly so for me it feels more compliant. Either way, on the softest settings and at a reasonable ride height they are not a huge compromise at all.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.