Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Aftermarket sparkplugs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-17-2017, 05:52 AM
cadman is a jewel in the roughcadman is a jewel in the roughcadman is a jewel in the rough
Aftermarket sparkplugs

was browsing e-bay and came across these plugs,has anyone tried them ?
if posting the link is against forum rule,sorry in advance.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Denso-Aston-M...QAAOSwn9lXK1g7

Old 06-18-2017, 02:47 AM
captain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to behold
I still have OEM plugs in my Vantage, but have had exposure to Denzo plugs in aircraft engines. They are the OEM choice for Rotax aircraft engines, and no person I have spoken too in the past 10 years or so has had bad things to say about the Denzo product.
In SA they are not cheap, but what is the price difference against Aston OEM plugs?

Old 06-18-2017, 07:06 AM
cadman is a jewel in the roughcadman is a jewel in the roughcadman is a jewel in the rough
that's good info captain Greg ... 8 plugs $76 usd..and for all the canucks $100 cdn
half the price of oem. think i'll give them a try,

Old 06-18-2017, 07:34 PM
Aldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud of
Seems cheap...website states for 05-07 cars
AM plugs from Rich are $ 195.00..I believe his are good for all years...

While the brand is solid check your year of car...
Good luck...

Old 06-19-2017, 12:55 PM
captain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to behold
I was invited to the Aston Dealer to see the new 720 Mclaren later this week in Cape Town, while on the phone I asked him about Denzo plugs seems that off the record they also cant fault them.....just saying

In CT our top tech at Aston was poached from Audi R stock so the man is quite knowledgeable so I think you will find the quality great.
Then I consulted the book seems the OEM plugs are good for 75000KM and no year limit

Old 06-19-2017, 08:33 PM
Aldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud of
Yea...during my 8 year service I was advised that if no codes received on the plugs...leave them run and alone...

I have over 30000 miles and runs great...knock on wood...lol

Old 06-20-2017, 04:49 AM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
When searching before I found this little chart, I believe it was on the Denso site... I added the E3 spark plugs which match the Denso

Old 06-20-2017, 08:21 AM
randyb will become famous soon enoughrandyb will become famous soon enough
I believe Aston Martin plugs are Denso, at least for the DB9's

Old 06-20-2017, 09:49 AM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
They are NGK as OEM supplied. Nothing wrong with DENSO plugs.

Old 06-20-2017, 11:49 AM
randyb will become famous soon enoughrandyb will become famous soon enough
Interesting, my car had Denso in it when I changed the plugs and coils. Wonder why someone changed the plugs in mine.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.