Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

New AM Indy Service Shop - Atlanta

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-15-2018, 10:27 PM
shootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura aboutshootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura about
reached out to Jason this yr but due to scheduling and his location simply was unable to get in for the annual service and a couple other small things. with that said this makes the 2nd year I've been to Select and no complaints there. Jay is a nice guy and will talk about the car at length with you. with their new facility and additional covered storage, I had no hesitation leaving it for a couple wks while I sourced parts (which they also have no issues with).

Old 05-16-2018, 09:11 AM
Raza R is on a distinguished road
Long overdue but wanted to give a shoutout to Jason for his incredible breadth of knowledge, industry contacts, and willingness to help in any capacity for Aston owners.

I recently purchased a 2010 Vantage, did all my due diligence before buying the car, only to realize a week after the purchase that I was fraudulently sold a vehicle that needed a complete transmission replacement/rebuild. Long story short, before I knew the nature of the sale, I thought I was on the hook for a $37,000 complete replacement as quoted by the local dealer. Luckily I had seen this thread and reached out to Jason for advice - who spoke with me at length a number of times, provided all technical guidance, and offered to help in any way he could. The fact that he shared multiple hours of his valuable time with someone in a different state, without a car to charge on, speaks a lot about this guy IMO. Had the sale not been legally revoked, I would've shipped the car to Jason to have the transmission rebuilt.

Side note, not sure if the owner plans on selling this as-is or getting it fixed but BUYER BEWARE - this car needs a transmission rebuilt/replaced and is also towards the end of its clutch life. MAYBE a good buy at $30-35K if someone wants to put in the work:

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...lCode1=VANTAGE

Old 05-16-2018, 09:33 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Raza R
Side note, not sure if the owner plans on selling this as-is or getting it fixed but BUYER BEWARE - this car needs a transmission rebuilt/replaced and is also towards the end of its clutch life. MAYBE a good buy at $30-35K if someone wants to put in the work:

Looks like a clean car in the picture and no mention even now on that in the ad. Wow.

Old 05-16-2018, 11:38 AM
Former Vendor
HCF Autosport is an unknown quantity at this point
Raza - great to hear the positive review and glad you weren't stuck with the car!

Replacement transmissions can be had for far less than what you were quoted. Please keep us in mind if that's ever an avenue you opt to pursue!
Best,
John

Long overdue but wanted to give a shoutout to Jason for his incredible breadth of knowledge, industry contacts, and willingness to help in any capacity for Aston owners.

I recently purchased a 2010 Vantage, did all my due diligence before buying the car, only to realize a week after the purchase that I was fraudulently sold a vehicle that needed a complete transmission replacement/rebuild. Long story short, before I knew the nature of the sale, I thought I was on the hook for a $37,000 complete replacement as quoted by the local dealer. Luckily I had seen this thread and reached out to Jason for advice - who spoke with me at length a number of times, provided all technical guidance, and offered to help in any way he could. The fact that he shared multiple hours of his valuable time with someone in a different state, without a car to charge on, speaks a lot about this guy IMO. Had the sale not been legally revoked, I would've shipped the car to Jason to have the transmission rebuilt.

Old 05-16-2018, 11:56 AM
davidm17 is on a distinguished road
The first two pictures are a different car. A newer car with the different front bumper and rear valence along with different wheels. Even a different color black.

Did you let AutoTrader know that the car had major problems not described in the ad? I don't know if they care, but they might make the person removed the ad if he is misrepresenting the car.

Old 05-16-2018, 12:51 PM
shootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura aboutshootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura about
almost looks like a spam/scam autotrader posting.

Old 05-16-2018, 03:34 PM
Raza R is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by davidm17
The first two pictures are a different car. A newer car with the different front bumper and rear valence along with different wheels. Even a different color black.

Did you let AutoTrader know that the car had major problems not described in the ad? I don't know if they care, but they might make the person removed the ad if he is misrepresenting the car.
Correct. Crappy photos. The actual black is the shade that has gold colored flakes in it. Pictures also show two keys, which I had confirmed originally but after signing the check over, I was told it "broke" at a valet service.

Did not contact Autotrader. Simply wanted to share my experience with Jason, great guy!

Old 05-16-2018, 05:00 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
Great to hear all the wonderful reviews on Jason and Pannell. I am in ATL and will certainly pay him a visit. As an FYI, Stuart from VelocityAP (VAP) recommended Jason, as he is also a VAP dealer, and as such is intimately familiar with their new dual-clutch setup, which I expect I will be due for shortly.
CATTMAN

Old 05-17-2018, 07:31 AM
jroback is on a distinguished road
Jason is awesome. Highly, highly recommended if you are in ATL (or nearby). He quickly (and for a reasonable price) replaced my thermostat and fixed a tire pressure monitor issue I was having. We also talked through future service options. He has Saturday hours, which makes the drive to Alpharetta a little easier.

Old 07-10-2018, 10:57 PM
flat_plane_eddie is an unknown quantity at this point
One more good review for Jason. Had him do an inspection on a car I might pick up and to say that he's extremely knowledgeable is an understatement. I honestly am really bummed we don't have anyone like him in LA, at least as far as I know. His inspection was extremely thorough and he spent another 45 minutes on the phone with me. If I end up buying the car I'll have him do the work before I fly to Atlanta to drive it back.

Consider yourselves extremely lucky if you live close to his shop!

Old 10-21-2018, 10:52 AM
lovingit is on a distinguished road
Any of you guys in the Atlanta Area near Motor Cars want to check out a car for me? PM me and I'll give you the scoop

Old 11-29-2018, 08:38 PM
englishmatt is an unknown quantity at this point

That's a crazy story. The car is still for sale at $53,000. I had it saved as a car to go look at. I don't think I'll go there now.

Old 12-09-2018, 04:01 PM
Mike Gray will become famous soon enough
After about 8 months of ownership of my 2013 Vantage, I finally found some time this week to take the car up to Jason for its annual service. I am very pleased to be able to add my voice to the chorus of kudos for Jason mentioned above! It is easy to tell that Jason is a real "car guy" who has a genuine enthusiasm for Astons and considerable knowledge and experience with the marque. One of my biggest concerns about purchasing my car was the lack of local AM service. Jason's shop is a bit of a drive for me, but well worth the trouble for the excellent service I received. An extra, added bonus is a considerable savings over what I would have been charged for this work at the AM dealer in Atlanta.

Top marks for Pannell Motorcars!!

Old 12-10-2018, 10:39 PM
lovingit is on a distinguished road
Jason did my PPI and was well worth it. Too bad I’m not in the GA area. I’m still looking for an Indy here in So Cal if anyone knows one the the OC area.

Old 11-28-2019, 12:06 PM
kwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond repute
I am currently considering the purchase of an Aston Martin, and tried to contact Jason for a PPI. Unfortunately, it seems that he has closed his shop. Too bad, it would have been nice to have a qualified indie nearby. It appears that the only option in the North Atlanta area is the dealer unless any one out there can suggest an alternative.
Thanks in advance for any recommendations

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New AM Indy Service Shop - Atlanta