Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

My new 2011 Vantage S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2017, 06:21 AM
Cobra66 is on a distinguished road
My new 2011 Vantage S

Hi Guys, I have been involved with the forum a short while now researching and asking questions especially about the Auto/Sportshift in the Vantage. I had test driven around a dozen cars and appreciate the time of the owners I have met in the journey. I almost gave because of the less than impressive experience I had with the 6 spd auto and I just did not want a manual prestige sportscars. Fortunately I drove a MY13 SSII 7 spd which restored my faith and timing being everything got a great deal on my new hotrod - 2011 Vantage S in Meteorite Silver. An "S" was not in my sights but this one came along and the extra spec, carbon fibre bits, brakes etc etc was irresistible. The 7spd still has a slightly dopey shift from 1st to 2nd in "D" but every other change in Drive, Sports mode or with paddles is awesome. No back-off required to shift as with the 6spd, just sharp changes. (My experience is though that not all SSII's are great, so test drive is a must). The S has a harsh ride on poor roads but is fantastic on the smooth roads and highway. Similar to some of the other guys I have conversed with on the forum I picked my car up interstate (in Aust) and had a 900 klm (540 miles) drive home which was great to get to know the car. As everyone will know they look and feel so much better in the flesh than in photos but I have attached a few and have created an album. The previous owner removed the Vantage S badge on the back and I am yet to get a chance to put it back on but will soon. Like many I am having issues with condensation in the taillights and have a couple of minor loosends to fix on the car but it is otherwise in fantastic condition and I am very happy. Thanks to the guys who gave me advice along the way.

Regards Cobra66

Old 07-23-2017, 09:38 AM
Dalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to behold
Congratulations, beautiful car. Welcome to the club.

Old 07-23-2017, 10:29 AM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
Very nice looking Vantage, love the registration plate.
Ron

Old 07-23-2017, 10:37 AM
Eric 993TT is on a distinguished road
Gorgeous car! Congrats. Love the color.

Old 07-23-2017, 02:41 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
Enjoy your new toy. Sweet looking car.

Old 07-23-2017, 03:44 PM
Graze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to all
Well done Cobra

Really pleased for you

Be good to see it in person

Graeme

Old 07-24-2017, 05:21 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
Beautiful - my absolute favorite color and easy to keep clean looking (my new one is black - had it 10 days - had cleaned it about 20 times)

Old 07-24-2017, 09:11 AM
Denver V8V is an unknown quantity at this point
Beautiful. I like the size and location of your front license plate and your license number too. The placement of the plate doesn't diminish the look of the vehicle. Here in Colorado we have to have a front plate or pay a fine. The set up for the front plate is directly centered over the grill. I installed it then removed it, I'll take my chances on the fine.
Best of luck with it

Old 07-24-2017, 09:34 AM
svre46 will become famous soon enough
Congrats. She looks stunning!

Old 07-25-2017, 07:16 AM
SpongeBob is an unknown quantity at this point
Congratulations on the acquisition! Looks amazing. Wouldn't even try to wipe the perpetual smile from your face...a side benefit of AM ownership!

Old 07-25-2017, 10:41 AM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Congrats, and welcome!

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
Office: (1)250-485-5126
www.velocityap.com
Old 07-26-2017, 03:55 AM
Aston40 is a jewel in the roughAston40 is a jewel in the roughAston40 is a jewel in the roughAston40 is a jewel in the rough
Good Luck!!!
Very nice Car. Enjoy!!

Old 07-26-2017, 09:10 AM
EZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud of
Your car is beautiful and I love the S model. From another 2011 Vantage S owner.

Old 07-26-2017, 11:56 AM
Banned
Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !
Congrats!!

Old 07-26-2017, 01:11 PM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Congrats! Beautiful - love the carbon bits.

Let me know if I can help with anything.

- Alec

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.