Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Lloyds doesn't know how to make Aston mats.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2017, 09:53 PM
Aldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud of
Hey you are human...lol I never would have thought of mats but got lucky as some car guy(s) owned the car prior and came with the car when I bought...
Until I read a few threads here and at piston heads on mats ...custom etc... I did not know there was a pad under the mat...live and learn!

Old 08-16-2017, 11:11 AM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by HabitualOffender
These won't stay in the car. They'll either take the return or they'll be sitting in the classifieds cheap. Maybe Blue2000 will buy them?

I'm leaning toward the ones on ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/282426607929...84.m1438.l2649

I got samples and they're a hair thinner, right about the thickness of the factory carpets, and look dead on to the factory material. They also show a picture of the cut that shows they at least know that's supposed to be a curve and not an inside corner. I was on the verge of ordering but got sidetracked with the "superior" Lloyds hype. ;/

Nice. Put them in my watch list. Let me know if they are good.
Since in bought the 15mm spacers and lug nuts what didn't fit, I rather wait for someone to test it.

Old 08-16-2017, 12:08 PM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by speedracer800
Agreed.. And these mats annoy me every time I get in my car. Looking for a better option currently. Leaning towards the exotic care brand that others have posted about here.. Perhaps with the diamond stitching but Waiting to make some other decisions on future custom upholstery work I'm planning.
Eric------hands down go with exoticar mats.

When you buy a cheap product, you get what you get. Dont see why someone should complain about a $93 set of mats. However; people selling items, any items, should take care of their customers no matter how small an issue. At the same time, we all work hard for our money and it doesn't matter scale wise if spending $93 is difficult to do, or a momentary blink, the product should be made correctly and the company should back it up. OP-----perfectly correct to complain, then not be happy with the response. I know what I said above, but its only because I spent $700 on my mats. Which is not normal for me to do with anything. I usually go for quality first, price second. So $700 is crazy, but I treated myself.

Best on the market, hands down----

Old 08-16-2017, 01:46 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Zettinger
Nice. Put them in my watch list. Let me know if they are good.
Since in bought the 15mm spacers and lug nuts what didn't fit, I rather wait for someone to test it.
I got a reply from CARID after I filed a Paypal resolution they were going to work on it with Lloyds, so we'll see, but with no correct cut passenger mat I will be buying the ones on ebay. I'll update whatever happens.

Originally Posted by SheriffDep
Eric------hands down go with exoticar mats.

When you buy a cheap product, you get what you get. Dont see why someone should complain about a $93 set of mats. However; people selling items, any items, should take care of their customers no matter how small an issue. At the same time, we all work hard for our money and it doesn't matter scale wise if spending $93 is difficult to do, or a momentary blink, the product should be made correctly and the company should back it up. OP-----perfectly correct to complain, then not be happy with the response. I know what I said above, but its only because I spent $700 on my mats. Which is not normal for me to do with anything. I usually go for quality first, price second. So $700 is crazy, but I treated myself.

Best on the market, hands down----
While they were only $93, the hype that "In 99.9% of all cases you will find that the Lloyd Mat fits better than the original mat." is the reason I bought those over the set on ebay for the same price that I could see have the right cut. So when they are not cut or finished right and you hype yourself as the best fit, you're going to get called out, especially when their "final answer" is "sorry, they consider that right and they're not refundable, so f you". Paypal, not as described, open resolution....

While I can see why you like those mats, it's all personal taste and I could never see those in my car. Just simple mats that look exactly like the factory carpets would be my taste, but I expect quality and a correct fit on any of them, but especially from somebody that claims the best fit

Old 08-16-2017, 01:53 PM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by HabitualOffender
I got a reply from CARID after I filed a Paypal resolution they were going to work on it with Lloyds, so we'll see, but with no correct cut passenger mat I will be buying the ones on ebay. I'll update whatever happens.

While they were only $93, the hype that "In 99.9% of all cases you will find that the Lloyd Mat fits better than the original mat." is the reason I bought those over the set on ebay for the same price that I could see have the right cut. So when they are not cut or finished right and you hype yourself as the best fit, you're going to get called out, especially when their "final answer" is "sorry, they consider that right and they're not refundable, so f you". Paypal, not as described, open resolution....

While I can see why you like those mats, it's all personal taste and I could never see those in my car. Just simple mats that look exactly like the factory carpets would be my taste, but I expect quality and a correct fit on any of them, but especially from somebody that claims the best fit

I agree with that, and I would have gone with plain carpet ones with a logo, but since I have diamond stitching on my headliner, and wasn't going to do door cards, center console, or seats that way, it was my way of adding to it rather than reg floor mats. But, yes I have seen the Lloyds statements. I wonder if you went direct, instead of CarID it would have been different. I just wonder how much is from them, and how much is from Lloyds. We will likely never know, but through PayPal, you will 100% get your money back, just wait to mail them when they tell you too. Customer is 99.99999999% right with PayPal, not matter the circumstances. So a pain yes, but should work out in the end financially for you.

Old 08-16-2017, 02:08 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Ahhh, so you were complementing elements already in your car, and makes perfect sense to tie them together.

I love Paypal, in fact I got rid of my other merchant account completely and only accept Paypal for any card payments. Yea it costs a hair more but the convenience and security is well worth the difference. And just as I'll get the return because I'm 100% right, but when I sell I get the guarantee if any fraud was involved, that's Paypals to eat. Great service, been a member since the internet was the wild west

Old 08-16-2017, 02:17 PM
Parvenu is on a distinguished road
As a counter-point, I have a set if Lloyds in my V8V, and they follow the contours and angles exactly and fit perfectly.

Old 08-16-2017, 02:25 PM
Originally Posted by Parvenu
As a counter-point, I have a set if Lloyds in my V8V, and they follow the contours and angles exactly and fit perfectly.
Thank you, that means they can make the mat correct, and either this was just a mistake, or something in the pattern got screwed up along the way. But at least I know they can and have in the past make the mat correctly.

Old 08-16-2017, 09:51 PM
Aldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud of
Hey H-O....you are spot-on...the Lloyd's that came in the car are not correct on the passenger side.

The ones with the AM logo I bought and you have the picture posted are curved and fit correct!

I would believe the Lloyd's mats have been made incorrect for years...thanks for pointing out!

Back and off to another job ....haha
I think return the mats and go elsewhere...

Safe driving!

Old 08-16-2017, 10:00 PM
Thanks for checking. It appears at some point they did make them right, but that time is gone, and all that matters is what you do now.

Old 08-17-2017, 08:02 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
The Lagonda's I had all came with deep sheepskin rugs, with your feet sinking into the floor - super cool! The first Vantage I bought I had ordered new with the factory rugs, and within a few months started to fray and fall apart. I now have (cant remember from where) some cheap E-Bay ordered rugs in Grey (to match my previous grey interior), and now they are in my black on black V12S, giving a little brightness to the otherwise dark interior. Three years old and still just fine.

Old 08-22-2017, 01:52 PM
CARID sent me emails starting yesterday that they will refund me if I cut the mats into 4-5 pieces and send them picture proof, but only after I close the Paypal resolution request.

It's a resolution request, in which they never responded, it's not a claim. And knowing Paypal [and of course they make it clear] if you close the resolution request you then have ZERO recourse. Refunding me would automatically close it, just as it would if it was a claim. I tried to explain to CARID and every reply was from a different person, all saying the same thing as above.

I finally told them to deal with Paypal and upgraded it to a claim.

Old 08-30-2017, 12:15 AM
CARID finally responded to the Paypal claim today, not to confirm what the 5 emails from them told me, to "destroy the mats by cutting them into pieces and send them pictures, close the Paypal resolution request, and they would refund me". They pulled the "it was a non returnable custom order" without any mention they had agreed to refund me if I destroyed the mats and cancelled the request.

If I had cancelled the Paypal resolution request they would have flat out screwed me, I have no doubt.

Ordering the set from ebay.

Old 08-30-2017, 05:29 AM
cadman is a jewel in the roughcadman is a jewel in the roughcadman is a jewel in the rough
i purchased lloyds mats for my car a few years ago,they were not perfect either ,
but the idea or me was to buy cheap over mats to protect the expensive oem mats
and when they wear out or get stained badly ,throw them away and replace again.
dont understand why buy expensive mats to go over top of expensive mats (carpet) ?
it would be like buying leather seat covers to protect leather seat covers..??

Old 08-30-2017, 08:26 AM
Well, that is the whole point, and the Lloyds mats were the "expensive" option. The ones on ebay are $20 less

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.