Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Should I buy: Electric Supercharger for my DB9

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2017, 02:48 PM
GDay2 is a jewel in the roughGDay2 is a jewel in the roughGDay2 is a jewel in the rough
Forget turbo or supercharger - how about a Flux capacitor on the hatch? No problem with under bonnet space then.
There is a version for the cigarette lighter as well

Last edited by GDay2; 08-30-2017 at 03:10 PM.
Old 08-31-2017, 11:48 AM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Graze
Where would you fit the turbos or super chargers in your engine bay?

Graze

Google Khan AM Vantage Supercharger build----- shows the build of a 06 Vantage getting a supercharger; getting a Ricer wing; the usual Khan type builds.

Old 08-31-2017, 11:59 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
under https://www.aston-martin.com/category/vantage-turbo/

is an article that looks to be a Vantage Turbo build - years ago there was a company putting the turbo's at the rear of the exhaust on some cars and plumbing back to the front for cooling and space.

Old 08-31-2017, 12:46 PM
Mathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Prefurbia
under https://www.aston-martin.com/category/vantage-turbo/

is an article that looks to be a Vantage Turbo build - years ago there was a company putting the turbo's at the rear of the exhaust on some cars and plumbing back to the front for cooling and space.
STS was the company. Not a terrible idea for large displacement engines (V8s and up), but potentially hugely laggy on smaller ones (by the time the exhaust gasses reach the turbo, they've cooled down a bit, which reduces their velocity and thus their ability to quickly spool a turbo, unless there's a LOT of exhaust gasses to begin with). The setup comes with its own unique complexities for the turbo's oil supply.

I remember STS was really sh!tty about suing shops that did custom rear-mount turbo solutions for patent infringement.

Old 09-01-2017, 09:10 AM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
Speaking of Turbo setups, what happened to the Velocity AP TT Vantage project?

Old 09-01-2017, 10:39 AM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Zettinger
Speaking of Turbo setups, what happened to the Velocity AP TT Vantage project?
I think Stuart originally said they were waiting on a test car etc.... but then early this spring said they had one, and or were trying things like fitment out. Something to that affect. Just what I think I remembered reading.

Old 09-01-2017, 12:04 PM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SheriffDep
I think Stuart originally said they were waiting on a test car etc.... but then early this spring said they had one, and or were trying things like fitment out. Something to that affect. Just what I think I remembered reading.
I've seen it in person, it's something else! It's pretty much done on the test car, just I know he's been side-tracked with numerous other builds. Either msg him or I'm sure he'll see this post and jump in..

For the V12, if you want twin turbo's, could just buy a set of turbo manifolds off the DB11. The ports look different, but an adapter plate wouldn't be to hard to fab up when your this deep into the project. Or just remote the snails in place of the sec cats and fit them on a set of VAP headers...all kinds of options with the right amount of cash!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.