Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

08 Vantage Roadster value

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-03-2017, 09:26 AM
rolltide0323 is an unknown quantity at this point
08 Vantage Roadster value

Hey guys. First off I just want to say I love my Aston Martin. I've only had it for 5 weeks and although it's a great car I feel like I settled on the car. I was originally wanting my dream car which is a Ferrari F355 but i'm too impatient when it comes to getting a car lol.

I think I am going to sell my Aston and get a F355. What would be a good value to ask for my car. I know all about the F355 maintenance.

2008 Vantage Roadster, 63k miles, 6 speed, Tempest blue. It has had its 10, 20, 30, 40, and 50k service done with stamps from the Aston Martin dealership. It hasn't had it's 60k done but the dealer I bought it from changed the oil and went through the checklist.

I may have paid a little too much to begin with. I owe 45k on the car right now. Any answers are greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Old 09-03-2017, 09:33 AM
Car is accident free as well.

Old 09-03-2017, 09:41 AM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by rolltide0323
Hey guys. First off I just want to say I love my Aston Martin. I've only had it for 5 weeks and although it's a great car I feel like I settled on the car. I was originally wanting my dream car which is a Ferrari F355 but i'm too impatient when it comes to getting a car lol.

I think I am going to sell my Aston and get a F355. What would be a good value to ask for my car. I know all about the F355 maintenance.

2008 Vantage Roadster, 63k miles, 6 speed, Tempest blue. It has had its 10, 20, 30, 40, and 50k service done with stamps from the Aston Martin dealership. It hasn't had it's 60k done but the dealer I bought it from changed the oil and went through the checklist.

I may have paid a little too much to begin with. I owe 45k on the car right now. Any answers are greatly appreciated.
Thanks
The mileage is the main killer on your car. There is not many with over 50k mileage out there, so most anything for sale that you would compete with will have half or less mileage. Plus not sure what blue you have, but if its the bright bluish green color with a blue type interior, it is very likely to take a long time to sell. That color would be a very specific buyer to want. Plus the blue interior (you didnt say, but I have always seen the blue interior in pics with that color)

This is an educated answer, based on what is for sale on cars.com on 03SEP17, between 07-09 V8V Volantes you are realistically looking for retail price likely in the mid 30's. There are numerous examples of 08 ones with half or less mileage from 38k-43k. So with the mileage of over 60k----I would probably say trade in to a dealer would be upper 20's to low 30's with retail maybe around 34-38k.

I have no doubt this IS NOT what you wanted to hear. But I would say this is the reality of what happens with higher mileage exotic cars. Takes a cheap price to sell due to high mileage and others on the market with much lower. Yes, having all documentation does help a private sale and could make it where someone is more comfortable with buying a higher mileage AM, but why would they unless there is something really special about the car, when they could get one with half the mileage.

Those are my thoughts on this

Old 09-03-2017, 10:06 AM
Thanks for ur insight. Here is a pic of the car. It has black interior.

Old 09-04-2017, 05:24 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
I had a 355 Ferrari. It was a fun car,but nowhere near the car that the Vantage is. The build quality of the Ferrari is on a par with a Mustang not like the quality or the Aston.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0327.JPG
Views:	46
Size:	1.28 MB
ID:	512002  

Last edited by Gene G; 09-04-2017 at 05:26 PM.
Old 09-04-2017, 10:55 PM
PK_Vantage is on a distinguished road
I had two. Although they were fun cars but I'd only got to enjoy them once in a while; unlike my V8 Vantage which I get to enjoy on a daily basis.
But in all fairness, that F355 v8 engine full song at 8,500 rpm coupled with a Capristo exhaust and Hyperflow cats is truly something out of this world. I do miss it sometimes though....
Good luck on your swap.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	002.JPG
Views:	61
Size:	1.28 MB
ID:	512010  
Old 09-05-2017, 08:43 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
Not sure why you'd want to take in in the keester on selling the aston to drive THAT ferrari, I would suggest maybe test driving the 355 first

Old 09-05-2017, 09:52 AM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by rolltide0323
Thanks for ur insight. Here is a pic of the car. It has black interior.
Definitely NOT the blue I thought it was. Your car is definitely a good looking car. Honestly, the AM is a much much better car than the F355. You will likely be able to drive your car into the ground mileage wise without hurting it much further value wise. Unless you have to have a F car, want to dump money in it like water for maintenance, think about just keeping what you have, and really enjoy it.

From my searchings the maintenance for the 360's and newer are really low and possibly on par with AMs. They are supposed to be fairly reliable compared to the totally reliable AMs. But, mileage kills those ever worse. Most F430's and 360's can be had for under 100k, depending mileage. I have a friend who consistently sells 20k-40k milage Ferrari's all the time. But, not sure I could buy, knowing I would be stuck with it or take a bath after some mileage is put on. I cannot afford to lose like that.

Old 09-06-2017, 02:14 AM
Mansfield is an unknown quantity at this point
5 weeks...seriously?!?

Old 09-06-2017, 06:49 AM
flinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to beholdflinder is a splendid one to behold
Witness to a mistake?

Forewarned is forearmed. In hindsight don't say, "nobody told me!"

Old 09-07-2017, 11:23 AM
mkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by SheriffDep
From my searchings the maintenance for the 360's and newer are really low and possibly on par with AMs. They are supposed to be fairly reliable compared to the totally reliable AMs.
I sold my aston for a 430 and let me tell you the maintenance and reliability are nothing alike.

Ferrari built quality are terrible and parts are on a magnitude much more than the Aston (hard to believe).

From 360 on reliability improved a lot, for a ferrari. But it is no aston. There is a robustness built into the aston that is not there for the 360 / 430

Old 09-07-2017, 11:49 AM
Originally Posted by mkzhang
I sold my aston for a 430 and let me tell you the maintenance and reliability are nothing alike.

Ferrari built quality are terrible and parts are on a magnitude much more than the Aston (hard to believe).

From 360 on reliability improved a lot, for a ferrari. But it is no aston. There is a robustness built into the aston that is not there for the 360 / 430
Got it, that partly confirms my saying the Ferrari's of the new age are somewhat reliable where the AMs are totally reliable. However, your statement downgrades the somewhat reliable for the F cars.

Yes, parts are ridiculous, and costs for someone else doing the maintenance are horrendous. In the end there is no comparison between them, they are on the opposite ends of the quality reliability spectrum.

Thanks for that insight. Thought about a F430 from time to time or a Scuderia specifically. But would not get rid of the DB9 for that.

Old 09-08-2017, 07:35 AM
Originally Posted by Mansfield
5 weeks...seriously?!?
Yea lol. I get bored easily with vehicles for some reason.

Old 09-08-2017, 07:38 AM
Thanks to everyone for your answers. After realizing the amount of money I would have to come out of pocket to pay off the loan I have decided to keep the car.

Old 09-08-2017, 02:07 PM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
I saw a Ferrari California next to my Vantage; both in midnight blue. I didn't think the Ferrari had anything on the Aston in terms of looks or sound.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.