Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Transmission recall

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2017, 11:03 AM
Dalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to behold
Transmission recall

I'm not sure if this has been posted already. I just a recall notice (RA-07-0022) to change the transmission software. This applies to V8 Vantage november 2011-August 2012 & V 8 Vantage S November 2010-August 2012 sport shift II transmissions.
I know a few have had issues with stalling etc., but my car hasn't had any issues at all.

Old 09-04-2017, 11:37 AM
Mathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of light
You replied to the other thread about it... But in fairness, it wasn't the most descriptive thread title.
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ng-bs-one.html

Old 09-04-2017, 12:08 PM
Dalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to behold
Lol, thanks mathman; maybe too much single malt last night.

Old 09-09-2017, 07:41 PM
Cobra66 is on a distinguished road
Hi All,

I had a routine annual service on my 2011 Vantage S and they did the RA-07-0022 Software update. The following week the car stalled for the first time ever for no apparent reason. It was in Sport mode and I was using the paddles and I pulled up in traffic and the car was stuck in 2nd and stalled. It has previously always shifted to 1st automatically when I pulled up regardless of the mode (manual or otherwise). It is the one and only time it has happened but was annoying and an obvious concern. It is would not respond to the paddles and shift to Neutral, I had to remove the key and restart. I will monitor and try to replicate without an impatient looking female driver in a large 4WD 2 feet from my rear. Hopefully it is a 1-off.

Regards

Old 09-09-2017, 10:46 PM
I took my car in for the recall on Friday and it didn't need it. Hopefully it was just an anomaly for your car Cobra66.

Old 09-10-2017, 12:16 AM
hkg1997 is on a distinguished road
I have a 11' V8 Vantage S and the recall letter that I received is RA-07-0024.
It is about an insufficient support of a connector in the hydraulic system for the 7-speed Sportshift II transmission. It says it affects build from Nov 2010 to Sept 2013 7speed sportshift II cars. Anyone got this too?

Old 09-10-2017, 10:35 AM
Originally Posted by hkg1997
I have a 11' V8 Vantage S and the recall letter that I received is RA-07-0024.
It is about an insufficient support of a connector in the hydraulic system for the 7-speed Sportshift II transmission. It says it affects build from Nov 2010 to Sept 2013 7speed sportshift II cars. Anyone got this too?
I haven't had that yet. I'm surprised AM didn't say anything to me when my car was in on Friday.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.