Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Hurricane Irma heading my way

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2017, 01:54 AM
shootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura aboutshootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura about
wish i'd known you were evacuating, we had plenty of room in our home. with that said, glad you're ok.

Old 09-13-2017, 02:37 PM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by flinder
Zettinger, Happy to hear of the escape adventures of you and your brood. Your survival strategy was sound; then Irma helped with that inland shift.

No damage to your home (homes) or cars, including the ghost white Vantage in your avatar, fantastic!

Tell me, do you think Irma's inland shift also spared Siesta Key? (My winter vacation hide out.)
Siesta should be fine. Tree derbies, fallen tree's and missing electricity is the infra challenge this week. I had to park the X5 for now since there is close to no gas and even less Diesel available.

Originally Posted by Graze
good to hear you are all ok

from what we see on the media here it was an amazing storm with enormous damage

Graeme
Yes, we got so lucky in the Tampa bay area that Irma took an unexpected turn.

Originally Posted by W126C
Good to hear all is good with family and cars. I have friends in Corpus that survived the storm then lost cars in the tornadoes. Thank God no personal injury though.

Regards,
Damn. That's bad luck. Sorry to hear that.

Originally Posted by Ron Avery
Oh boy, it all worked out for you. Out here on the west coast, we were watching in amazement. How everyone helped out. It is nice to see people pull together.
Ron
I was so impressed on my drive back, seeing mile long rows of electricity, pole and Army trucks.

Speaking of that, I just got scammed a few minutes ago. Went to the gas station and a guy came up to me and told me the story he ran out of gas and forgot his wallet in the car.
I could relate to that and gave him 5 bucks..

A few minutes later I see him asking the same question to a lady coming out of a store next to the gas station.

Originally Posted by Gene G
We prayed for no damage to our home or the homes of our children. We had no damage as did three of our children in Jacksonville. Two weeks ago or son Tim in Houston also had no damage to his home. We only lost power for 13 hours and the generator worked like a champ. I felt bad for so many around Jacksonville. Saint Augustine, and Flagler Beach. One of our friends had a foot of water in his home a lost two cars. Hope everyone on the forum came through with out damage.
Jax and this area was hit pretty hard. We saw houses where only the roof was out of the water in jax. The prayers and probably my grandma's candles helped. (she called and said she already fired up 3 candles for us Saturday)

Originally Posted by shootermcgav1n
wish i'd known you were evacuating, we had plenty of room in our home. with that said, glad you're ok.
Thanks! I really appreciate it. I didn't had any time to to handle, this was rather surviving reaction driving through the night.

Several of my friends and family like most Floridians headed to Atl.
My prediction was that they all need to get back after the storm what will cause a challenge and headed north east

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.