Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

New owner!!!

Old 09-11-2017, 06:56 PM
PK_Vantage is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Golfpunks
my car stalled today, I took off in first gear,, then shifted to second and my car shut off, the steering wheel got tight so I couldn't steer and the lights all turned on and the car turned off.. I had to restart then go.. then later I turned the car off, is this a common issue or should I bring it to the dealer asap

I got my car from AMNewporBeach also and brought my car back for the same stalling issue...but nothing was done due to dealer couldn't replicate the problem. Since then I've learned to watch my near-idle RPM especially at low speed and between 1st, 2nd and 3rd gears. Do a quick search..There are a bunch of threads on this stalling issue.

Last edited by PK_Vantage; 09-11-2017 at 06:59 PM.
Old 09-11-2017, 08:16 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
my car stalled today, I took off in first gear,, then shifted to second and my car shut off, the steering wheel got tight so I couldn't steer and the lights all turned on and the car turned off.. I had to restart then go.. then later I turned the car off, is this a common issue or should I bring it to the dealer asap
I would definitely have it documented, they'll pull that can't replicate but they should also know there is a software flash being tested by Mathman, his has not stalled since the update. I get mine next week [finally] but my car stalls a couple times a week.

Old 09-12-2017, 12:58 PM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PK_Vantage
I got my car from AMNewporBeach also and brought my car back for the same stalling issue...but nothing was done due to dealer couldn't replicate the problem. Since then I've learned to watch my near-idle RPM especially at low speed and between 1st, 2nd and 3rd gears. Do a quick search..There are a bunch of threads on this stalling issue.
Funny reading this as my car has stalled going into first when I don't feel it was due to my driving. I pay more attention to what I am doing now when in traffic with RPM now.

Old 09-12-2017, 01:05 PM
Golfpunks is an unknown quantity at this point
So I know everyone is driving their cars a certain way now!! And keeping track of rpm.. Does this mean it's more of user error?? Or is the car itself malfunctioning?? Hard part for sure is going to try to duplicate the problem at the dealership

Old 09-12-2017, 01:12 PM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
So I know everyone is driving their cars a certain way now!! And keeping track of rpm.. Does this mean it's more of user error?? Or is the car itself malfunctioning?? Hard part for sure is going to try to duplicate the problem at the dealership

For me? Maybe a little driver's error; don't know. Been driving a manual for over 30 years and have driven a few powerful ones in the last year. Vantage clutch is old school compared to cars like a Shelby GT350 or new Porsche. Vantage has some heft to it and maybe needs a little rev than intuition...

I put more effort into knowing what car is doing than looking at girls on the sidewalk (now)...

Old 09-12-2017, 11:04 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
When you're sitting at a red light with the clutch on the floor and it stalls my bet is it's not the operator

Old 09-13-2017, 01:53 AM
shootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura aboutshootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura about
1) congrats on the car, it looks great
2) sorry to hear about the headlights, i never knew that was an issue and it's unfortunate
3) welcome to the sad club of random idling cutoffs, i've been in many an intersection now where it's done that, never predictable, always frustrating. hope whatever mathman is testing is available to all of us soon...

Old 09-14-2017, 06:34 PM
Are the headlight condensation normal?? My dealer this morning stated it's normal and there is a vent so it breathes and it will go away but it's normal for it to happen?? All the cars I owned I never heard this before

Old 09-14-2017, 08:59 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
I've had 5 Vantage - all 5 having the tail light condensation which will eventually destroy the LED's - none have had headlight condensation!

Old 09-14-2017, 11:46 PM
Test drove a 2013 in FL in August and the headlights were fully condensated [is that a word?]. My tails are, nothing with the heads.

Old 09-15-2017, 01:27 PM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
I have a 2016 Vantage GT, I keep it in the garage. On some mornings when it is cold or foggy, the head lights do get a little bit of moisture in them. It does dry
On it's own. When I asked my dealer ( GALPIN ) about it. They said it was normal.
Ron

Old 09-21-2017, 03:18 PM
Being hand built??

i love my car.. Question is... Being hand built.. What is acceptable and isn't regarding flaws?? Attached is a rubber seal on the driver door.. Everytime I look in my rear view mirror.. I see it sticking out.. Coming from lexus this never would happen.. Dealers response.. It's hand built!! That's been the response for two of the flaws I have seen.. Is that response the norm??

Last edited by Golfpunks; 09-21-2017 at 03:30 PM. Reason: Added photo
Old 09-21-2017, 03:26 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
Loose rubber seal is a warranty replacement or fix. I'd demand new headlights if I had condensation - I've had 5 Vantages, none have had any headlight condensation - all had tail lights, all replaced under warranty. The only loose rubber seal I had was on a 32,000 mile used Vantage.

Old 09-21-2017, 03:27 PM
rohnin is on a distinguished road
Sadly that response is the norm

Old 09-21-2017, 06:28 PM
On a Vantage it's usually the seal at the bottom of the door toward the front fender that pooches out a little. Mine does and I looked at 3 V8 and 12's today that did also. It would annoy me if I had to look at it in the rear view though.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.