Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

New owner!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-07-2017, 02:48 PM
Golfpunks is an unknown quantity at this point
New owner!!!

my first Aston Martin.. picked up this brand new vantage v8 GTS in manual, my other option was a slightly used Porsche C4S in PDK.. Since I got the car about a month ago, I had the car tinted all around including windshield ceramic.. Full front clear bra and rocker panels, Opti coat 5 year. next I plan to maybe getting wheels or powder coating the original ones black and upgrading the tires. I really don't like the way it rides on the tires now.. Some gripes are the information system, especially the radio controls. after you set the favorites, how do you use the controls on the steering wheel to scroll the favorites instead of scanning? I read the manual and the service advisor said we can't.. but that would be horrible if there is no fix.. any other tips ? tricks or recommendations feel free to let me know!!

Attached Images    
Old 09-07-2017, 03:49 PM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
Very cool GTS, were did you purchase it from? Good choice on the trans. And what color is the interior? I have a 2016 GT.
Ron

Old 09-07-2017, 04:47 PM
Graze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to all
Great looking car

congrats & welcome

Graze

Old 09-07-2017, 07:46 PM
Thanks!! The color is stratus white for exterior and all argento grey leather for the interior.. Purchased from Newport Beach aston martin

Old 09-07-2017, 08:49 PM
sf911c2 has a spectacular aura aboutsf911c2 has a spectacular aura about
Congrats Golf! Welcome to the AM stratus white club. My car was also originally from NPB.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1816.JPG
Views:	46
Size:	3.60 MB
ID:	512227  
Old 09-07-2017, 09:26 PM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
Cool, we need interior photos.
Ron

Old 09-07-2017, 10:22 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
I was going to say looks like Newport Beach, mine started it's journey there

I haven't figured out my favorites or saved any stations at all, but by accident I was changing the ones already set, there's a switch on the outside of your radio / Bluetooth cluster, just like the switch to turn on the cruise control. Changes favorites up and down, I think.

Old 09-08-2017, 05:20 AM
Durango has a spectacular aura aboutDurango has a spectacular aura about
You might want to consider clear bra on the rear wheel wells behind the doors.....you will also smell the clutch every so often until it breaks in, and until you get use to it.

Old 09-08-2017, 08:58 AM
rohnin is on a distinguished road
Congrats, another local GTS (^_^)v

Old 09-08-2017, 03:25 PM
Banned
Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !
Beautiful car, congrats!!

Old 09-11-2017, 09:26 AM
nickplee is an unknown quantity at this point
Gorgeous car. Welcome!

Old 09-11-2017, 12:49 PM
I assume this is not normal? condensation in headlights? too bad I had the lights done with the clear bra? unless there is a way to fix the issue without changing the whole headlights?

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9358.JPG
Views:	75
Size:	1.73 MB
ID:	512449   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9359.JPG
Views:	59
Size:	1.84 MB
ID:	512450  
Old 09-11-2017, 01:07 PM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
can't believe they are still having this problem... jeez

Old 09-11-2017, 01:45 PM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
I have condensation on my passenger rear tail light.

Old 09-11-2017, 04:43 PM
stalling!!

my car stalled today, I took off in first gear,, then shifted to second and my car shut off, the steering wheel got tight so I couldn't steer and the lights all turned on and the car turned off.. I had to restart then go.. then later I turned the car off, is this a common issue or should I bring it to the dealer asap

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.