Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

New V8V owner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-12-2017, 08:03 AM
lilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud of
New V8V owner

Morning All,

Just finished up paperwork on my new to me 2010 V8 Vantage. It will take about a week to ship from Washington here to my home in St. Louis, being loaded up on the truck today - words cannot explain how fast I want the work week to go by!

I do have a couple of questions for the AM community, the past cars I've owned have had a great online presence in terms of Facebook groups and meetups. Is there a known AM V8V owners group on Facebook? Would love to connect with you all and see everyone's daily updates about their cars

I'm in St. Louis, MO - anyone else on here from the area? Are there any Midwest meetups?

I bought the Definitive Guide to New Gaydon Era Aston Martin book last night, just as excited for the book as am the car!

Is there a way to figure out production numbers of my color combo? Would love to know how unique (or not so) the grey/red combo really is? Does anyone have the exact names of the exterior paint color and interior red color? My BMW is Alpine White exterior/Coral Red interior for example - as you can tell, I do love red interior

Also, any of you on Instagram? Would love to follow other AM enthusiasts on social media

Pics of the car of course!

Last edited by lilseevs; 09-12-2017 at 08:06 AM.
Old 09-12-2017, 08:59 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
You got a unique interior there; neat.

Your AM dealer can print out a build sheet based on your VIN. It's not a window sticker, but provides all the details on how the car is configured. You'll get color names, options...

Instagram has a good AM following, with both customer and manufacturer content.

I haven't found a good online AM forum beyond this. I am quite active on the forums for the other marques I own, but AM is not much of an online community...

Old 09-12-2017, 09:42 AM
Mathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of light
I'm surprised you'd buy the car before getting the buyer's guide. The guide would've helped in your search.

And unfortunate timing--you just missed the British Car Festival in Chicago (on Sunday). Pics. This show occurs the second Sunday in September; info at BritishCarUnion.com.

I know Chicago's a bit of a drive, but that's where the events I'm aware of reside...

On the 24th, Lake Forest Sportscars is having their Concours d' Elegance. Easily the best show in the midwest. Pics from last year.

And there is the Aston Martin Owner's Club of North America, which does shows and track events. https://www.amocna.org/

Last edited by Mathman85; 09-12-2017 at 10:10 AM.
Old 09-12-2017, 09:59 AM
Dalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to behold
Nice car and welcome to the forum. I love the I interior, really unique and reminds me of one of my old M cars.

Old 09-12-2017, 10:15 AM
Former Vendor
hsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to behold
I emailed ClientServices@astonmartin.com and requested the information. I got both the build log, and options.

Matt

Old 09-12-2017, 12:51 PM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
I am on my second Vantage, one was a 2007 Coupe and my currant is a 2016 GT Coupe.
This is a great place for info an d friendly discussion. I love your color combo, my dealer was able to help me acquire a build sheet print out and a reprint window sticker for my 2007. The book you bought is a great one, I am sure you will read it cover to cover this week.
Ron

Old 09-12-2017, 12:54 PM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Looks like your car has the B&O stereo?

Old 09-12-2017, 08:37 PM
Argus will become famous soon enough
The buyers guide has a section on the vin. It will tell you all you need to know right down to your car's sequence of production.

Old 09-12-2017, 09:47 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
Congratulations on your new toy. I know you are going to love it. I'm on my second Vantage and it is one of my all time favorite cars.

Old 09-13-2017, 01:55 AM
shootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura aboutshootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura about
nice interior! almost makes me forget it's not a manual

Old 09-13-2017, 05:00 AM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats and welcome to the forum

Old 09-13-2017, 09:05 AM
lilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud of
So many responses - thanks for all the love and am very excited to be a part of this community!

I went ahead and reached out to AM for the build sheet

Yes it has the Bang & Olufsen system, that was one of those items when I was aware of it, was a quicker selling point for me - it seems to be a fully optioned model compared to what else I was finding on the market

Unfortunately with this turning into my daily and urban living, the 3rd pedal will be too much for my leg

I am going to try to hit the Concours show in Chicago! I am originally from Milwaukee, WI and make the trek back once a quarter to visit the parents. Potentially we could meet up? Would love to meet some members in real life

If y'all are interested, below is the email response on my build sheet

Thank you for your email.

Please see the build sheet for your vehicle below:

VEHICLE DETAILS
Model: V8 Vantage Coupe
Chassis: C14208
Model Year: 2010.75
Drive: Left Hand Drive
Gearbox: Sportshift
Exterior Colour: Meteorite Silver (Q Special)

INTERIOR TRIM
Trim Upper Colour: Chancellor Red (Contemporary)
Trim Upper Stitching: Silver
Trim Lower Colour: Chancellor Red (Contemporary)
Trim Lower Stitching: Silver
Seat Outer Colour: Chancellor Red (Contemporary)
Seat Outer Stitching: Silver
Seat Inner Colour: Phantom Grey (Contemporary)
Seat Inner Stitching: Red
Headlining Inner: Tailors Grey (Contemporary)
Carpet Colour: Phantom Grey (Fast Track)
Carpet Stitching: Red
Steering Wheel Colour: Chancellor Red (Contemporary)

OPTIONS
Audio System: Bang & Olufsen Beosound Audio
Bluetooth: Bluetooth Telephone Preparation
Brake Calipers: Brake Calipers - Red
Cruise Control: Cruise Control
Facia Trim (Trim Inlay): Facia Trim - Piano Black
Front Grille: Bright Finish Front Grille
Front Parking Distance Sensors: Front Parking Sensors
Guidebook Language: USA
Interior Rear View Mirror: Garage Door Opener + Auto Dim Mirror-Us
IP Language: Language - USA English
Memory Seats: Memory Seats
Meshes: Magnum Silver Meshes
Satellite Navigation: Satellite Navigation
Satellite Radio: Satellite Radio
Seat Belts: Seatbelts - Warm Charcoal
Seat Heating: Heated Front Seats
Seat Type: Sports Seat
Seating Arrangement: 2 Seater
Sill Panel: N400 Sill Design
Stoneguards: Front Stone Guards
Tail Lamps: Clear Rear Lamps
Wheels: 10 Spoke Silver Diamond Turned

Kind regards

Lucy

Old 09-13-2017, 10:50 AM
No umbrella?

Old 09-13-2017, 11:37 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
B & O is fantastic - last vantage had t, current one not.

Old 09-13-2017, 11:40 AM
Mathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by lilseevs
I am going to try to hit the Concours show in Chicago! I am originally from Milwaukee, WI and make the trek back once a quarter to visit the parents. Potentially we could meet up? Would love to meet some members in real life
Always up for meeting other enthusiasts. I'm easy to find at shows--I'll be the guy dressed like his car.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.