Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

LINN 950 stereo problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-16-2017, 01:47 PM
Chris P is an unknown quantity at this point
LINN 950 stereo problem

So my recently acquired DB9 is having it's first issue. My stereo has an intermittent problem where there is no sound. Everything looks like it's working but no sound on Am/FM or CD player. Interestingly the Bluetooth seemed to work fine but no music. Called my dealer and they said they head unit sounds like it's bad. Since I have no frame of reference for this car I was wondering what you guys think? It seems to work sometimes and than doesen't at others and no rhyme or reason why. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Chris P.

Old 09-16-2017, 06:29 PM
NoRush is an unknown quantity at this point
Sounds like the amp is going. I'm no audio expert, but there are a few on here who are.
The 950 is not an inexpensive replacement part.

Old 09-17-2017, 08:00 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
I remember something about a failing Bluetooth module intermittently cutting off the sound. Do a search.

Old 09-19-2017, 11:06 PM
mjanis will become famous soon enough
Known problems Linn 950

According to Grant Neal's book Definitive Guide to new Gaydon era Aston Martin. The Linn 950 has a number of known problems such as the display going out, sound cutting out intermittently, crackling / popping issues. Amplifiers have been known to fail on older cars. Accordingly, that is why AML switched to the Premium 700 watt system in 2008

Old 09-24-2017, 03:12 PM
DonBond is a jewel in the roughDonBond is a jewel in the roughDonBond is a jewel in the rough
The 950 is pure, unadulterated JUNK. Sound quality equal to a 1960's AM transistor radio. There is no fixing it. Find a QUALITY high end audio shop and start from scratch. Expect to pay about 7k for an entire quality system. Do not try to band aid that junk.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.