Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Someone needs to Supercharge the Vantage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2017, 04:37 AM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
Here is a new supercharger from Roush Performance that could possibly work...

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/5...m-121429.html#

Old 11-02-2017, 07:38 AM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
^^^ that design is a great option and would spare the routing to the back as GMR does.

FYI

my brother in law is working in engine development for an German engine manufacturer and I had couple brain storm sessions with him last week.

He is trying to get some technical drawings for the engine to design brackets to fit an supercharger. Target is the 4.3l (despite I have a 4.7l).

Last edited by Zettinger; 11-02-2017 at 07:53 AM.
Old 11-06-2017, 04:25 PM
DonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant future
Take a step back in AM history

I stumbled across these two older Vantages, both with twin superchargers; factory equipped. Food for thought?
Nightmare to change the plugs, I suspect...

Twin supercharged MY 1995 V8 Vantage at 550 HP

Twin Supercharged MY 2000 V8 Vantage at 600 HP

Found the images today on the www dot symbolicinternational dot com website.
Both vehicles for sale in San Diego, with some interesting history (and a questionable color combination)...

Old 11-07-2017, 08:16 PM
CoreyC2S is just really niceCoreyC2S is just really niceCoreyC2S is just really niceCoreyC2S is just really niceCoreyC2S is just really nice
^^ Now those are cool!! ^^

Vortech has a listing for a centrifugal supercharger on their website but info is limited and to be honest, it looks very "aftermarket" with all that liquid-to-air intercooler and plumbing under the bonnet.

http://legacy.vortechsuperchargers.com/page.php?id=9872

Old 11-08-2017, 06:35 AM
programmatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond repute
The Vantage Le Mans V600 was a cool car. Twin turbo charged from the factory and delivered 600bhp. It wasn't the prettiest Aston (some say it is ugly) but it was one of the fastest cars back in 1998.

Originally Posted by DonL
I stumbled across these two older Vantages, both with twin superchargers; factory equipped. Food for thought?
Nightmare to change the plugs, I suspect...

Twin supercharged MY 1995 V8 Vantage at 550 HP

Twin Supercharged MY 2000 V8 Vantage at 600 HP

Found the images today on the www dot symbolicinternational dot com website.
Both vehicles for sale in San Diego, with some interesting history (and a questionable color combination)...

Last edited by programmatore; 11-08-2017 at 06:37 AM.
Old 11-08-2017, 07:38 AM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
I agree, they were far from pretty.
The twin SC setup is great but requires too much space, the Gaydon Vantage has less clearance. Not sure if this would be able to fit under the hood.

I saw the Vortech design. Unbelievable where they found all that space for the centrifugal supercharger and all that plumbing.

IMO same as the old vantage, positive displacement twin-screw design superchargers replace the intake part and save space would be most effective solution.
I'm guessing this is more elegant and efficient solution for the Vantage application.

Required would the intake to SC bracket.

Old 11-08-2017, 10:21 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
Again GMR is a proven solution looking for USA dealers and install facilities

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.