Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

How many likes for DB11 design? another review on V8 DB11

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-27-2017, 10:10 AM
007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about
How many likes for DB11 design? another review on V8 DB11

Db11 design still not growing on me. Specially at 198K price for v8 version.
how many like the Db11 design?

https://www.digitaltrends.com/car-re...b11-v8-review/

Old 09-27-2017, 11:12 AM
rohnin is on a distinguished road
Not really liking the direction the designs are going

Old 09-27-2017, 11:59 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
after having seen a bunch in person in different colors over the weekend its a very nice large, wide car, photos don't really do its stance justice, and its all about how you spec it out... every color makes it look so different, and like with most astons, pictures do them no justice!

Honestly In person I preferred its more modern looks to the Vanquish Volante which now is looking dated compared to the DB11

Last edited by sonies; 09-27-2017 at 12:02 PM.
Old 09-27-2017, 11:59 AM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
+1
The design is nice but not Aston Martin nice.
The proportions are off.

I like the db9 a lot more!

Old 09-27-2017, 02:51 PM
Banned
Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !
I was at a dinner at AM of DC the other night and there was a white Vanquish parked next to a white DB9 (facelifted, not early one), and seeing the two side by side really struck me for how absolutely stunning the DB9 was in its final years. It honestly made the Vanquish look a little silly.

I've seen a few DB11s in person that I thought were beautiful, and I've seen a few in person that did nothing for me whatsoever. I think a lot of it comes down to the color options, especially with the roof.

Still, the last of the DB9s are hard to beat on looks, and I don't think the Vanquish or DB11 have done that.

Old 09-27-2017, 05:45 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Don't imagine I'll ever come to terms with the DB11 styling. Of course, I said that about the Vanquish and now l love it. But I disliked the Vanquish far less than I dislike the DB11.

Old 09-27-2017, 06:04 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
exterior growing on me - needs larger wheels - interior does opposite of growing on me - what ever that's called...

Old 09-27-2017, 09:24 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Prefurbia
exterior growing on me - needs larger wheels - interior does opposite of growing on me - what ever that's called...
Growing apart, like me and the ex!

There was one in the shop last week so instead of the "showroom" I got to really look this one over. In person it's much nicer than picture, but it's a big car like the late DB9 sitting next to the V12S dogleg, the 9 looked over a foot longer, wider, taller, not the small pure sports car I want. But still beautiful, the 11 looks beautiful in monochrome, but in floating roof it looses me. But is still too big, V8 or 12.

I do not like the dash at all, the rest of the interior I do like.

Old 09-27-2017, 09:47 PM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Prefurbia
I agree, I love a lot of the exterior details. Interior not so much.
Ron

Old 09-28-2017, 06:27 AM
mto
mto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud of
Overall, I like it. Important is the combo to one's own spec makes the difference. Some of the bland colors (to me) just don't give it enough punch.

What I do question is size is larger than the DB9. But that is what the mass market worldwide wants. Maybe it's a generational thing.

Old 09-28-2017, 08:50 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Not a fan of the black pack (if that is what AM calls it). I don't like it on the Evora either; the black roof.

Old 09-28-2017, 08:51 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mto

What I do question is size is larger than the DB9. But that is what the mass market worldwide wants. Maybe it's a generational thing.
Comparing DB9 and Vantage to the XK; they look so tiny. I think they had to make so for the consumer and perhaps pedestrian crash laws?

Old 09-28-2017, 09:50 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
New vs Old in black

I just took this - this AM

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1879.JPG
Views:	52
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	513459  
Old 09-28-2017, 09:51 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
learn how to park Prefurbia!

Old 09-28-2017, 01:17 PM
Wasn't worried about someone needing the space while I backed in for the picture at 7AM this morning! Also wanted some separation for the picture. Looks like the DB11's are starting to move out the showroom here.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.