Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Twin Plate Clutch for Vantage V8 ASM

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 11-17-2017, 08:15 AM
DonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant future
Information copied from the AM website-manual only

AMR Performance Clutch

Designed for an even sportier drive, the AMR Performance Clutch has been developed to deliver quicker transition through gears, increased torque capacity and a lighter clutch feel.
Available for all V8 and V8 Vantage S manual models
, the AMR Performance Clutch offers an exciting upgrade option that brings a new dimension of race-inspired dynamism and performance.

http://www.astonmartin.com/en/access...ormance-clutch

Old 11-26-2017, 03:46 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Just an update, I got my car back Wednesday with the stock clutch installed and I must say how nice it is to have an absolutely quite clutch, absolutely no gearbox clatter, pedal feel is just the slightest bit heavier that the twin plate, this is the way this car was designed to be.

Of course, 3 days later it stalled for the first time. So within 3 days it made it clear the lightweight flywheel was not the problem with the stalling.

Old 11-26-2017, 04:15 PM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by HabitualOffender
Just an update, I got my car back Wednesday with the stock clutch installed and I must say how nice it is to have an absolutely quite clutch, absolutely no gearbox clatter, pedal feel is just the slightest bit heavier that the twin plate, this is the way this car was designed to be.

Of course, 3 days later it stalled for the first time. So within 3 days it made it clear the lightweight flywheel was not the problem with the stalling.
Wow..I wouldn't want to be that dealer right now, is your car back at the shop to continue the stalling issue diagnoses?

Old 11-26-2017, 04:52 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
England is in charge of whatever will happen. I had asked for a datalogger. I've also offered to setup a go pro system so they can see what the tach is doing when it stalls, in relation to what driving operation.

Old 11-27-2017, 06:16 PM
rocketboots999 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by HabitualOffender
Just an update, I got my car back Wednesday with the stock clutch installed ... pedal feel is just the slightest bit heavier that the twin plate, this is the way this car was designed to be.
Interesting, as I continue to consider single vs twin clutch. Many have said that the twin clutch pedal feel is noticeably lighter after changing from a single.

For those that have replaced an OEM single with another OEM single. Aside from lack of judder, have you noticed any major difference in pedal feel or driveability, especially while in stop/go traffic?

Old 11-27-2017, 11:48 PM
Aston40 is a jewel in the roughAston40 is a jewel in the roughAston40 is a jewel in the roughAston40 is a jewel in the rough
As I think about the clutch issues, I then realize that the double plate will always be better. I you think at the electronic advancement in cars and the Semi Auto Gearbox. You come to realize how fast that box change gears and how fast the clutch must move in and out. It is so quick that you hear form outside the car how loud the change is. It is like a small pistol shot. That is a lot of "abuse" if you think about it.
I think the double clutch is magnificent. And it will always be better than a single in the Aston. Yes I have slave cylinder issues, but I will sort that out soon. It is not the clutch.

Old 11-28-2017, 12:05 AM
The advantages of the dual plate are longer life, that is it. If the package is lighter then it will spool up and down a little faster, but it also has it's drawbacks if the car was designed to have the heavier package, as I've noted above.

And I'm still waiting for my grudge match with Aldv who has been talking ASM/6MT smack for a year but won't put his ride on the starting line

I firmly believe that a lot of the single plate wear has to do with the traction control. It is quite easy to roast the rubber with the TC off [I just picked up a set of V12 rims w/P Zero's to try and help it hook up], and with the Traction Control on it's doing it's job. It's roasting your clutch and rear brakes instead of your rubber. Rubber is a lot cheaper to replace, and a lot more fun to roast

Old 11-28-2017, 10:44 AM
Originally Posted by rocketboots999
Many have said that the twin clutch pedal feel is noticeably lighter after changing from a single.
I was told, and didn't understand how or why, but that a dead clutch has a very heavy pedal. Mine was smoked and a left leg workout, especially in stop and go traffic, so of course the light pedal of the twin disc was amazingly lighter. Now having a new stock clutch I can assure you, the pedal feel is very slightly heavier, not heavier, slightly heavier. Virtually unnoticeably.

Old 11-29-2017, 11:12 PM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Shipped another 3 of these beauties to 6speeders today

View this post on Instagram

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
Office: (1)250-485-5126
www.velocityap.com
Old 11-30-2017, 12:07 AM
Aston40 is a jewel in the roughAston40 is a jewel in the roughAston40 is a jewel in the roughAston40 is a jewel in the rough
Three more happy Aston Drivers!!!!
Enjoy!!!

Old 11-30-2017, 12:10 AM
Somebody buy mine for 1/2 price!

Old 11-30-2017, 12:38 AM
Captain Greg

Your Chance!!!!

Old 11-30-2017, 12:41 AM
price!

Old 11-30-2017, 03:29 AM
captain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Stuart@VelocityAP
Shipped another 3 of these beauties to 6speeders today

https://www.instagram.com/p/BcGpa97A...iveperformance

Stuart....if I had one of these I would leave it in my kitchen so I could just look at it

Just for some input I had the clutch replaced by AM in Cape Town the first thing I noticed is that the standard new clutch is much lighter than the original
I did not at the time have an option to fit an aftermarket clutch because at that stage AM said to me they would not fit it.....now at a recent track day event they are telling us all about the new AMR clutch they will fit, but the labor rate is soooo high.

Kobus thanks for the offer to fit one for free I will take you up on that when I need a new unit as it is my clutch has only done 3000km and it's still fine

Was the most expensive maintenance I have ever paid for on any car it cost me 3 years ago just under R100 000.00 in our country you can by a family sedan with a motor plan for that.

Old 02-06-2018, 07:50 AM
I have driven now almost 2000 km since the second strip.
The car is great and no funny noises any more.
Clutch is great!!!
But I think I need new cables as the switching is a bid sluggish. So new gearbox cables on order and then we will be 100% again.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Twin Plate Clutch for Vantage V8 ASM