Old 10-18-2017, 10:56 AM
FR500GT will become famous soon enoughFR500GT will become famous soon enough
Geeeeeez

Old 10-18-2017, 10:59 AM
bolteon is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by FR500GT
Geeeeeez
Right?

If this is an indication of the styling behind the new Vantage as well, the used market is going to take an even further plunge.

Old 10-18-2017, 11:46 AM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
That doesn't look different enough from a DB11 to be a different model. And I would believe any Vanquish proto would be so camouflaged you wouldn't be able to tell. I really don't like the aeroblade when extended like that, it kills the lines. Love the grill, if they took off that license plate bar.

IMO that will be an AMR version of the DB11.

Old 10-18-2017, 12:05 PM
Banned
Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !
Could be a mule, which would explain the DB11 body. But that is the front grille of the Vantage AMR Pro (disguised with a bit of black tape across it to make it look like a traditional upper and lower grille), so it very well could be the DB11 AMR.

Old 10-18-2017, 12:44 PM
Originally Posted by HabitualOffender
That doesn't look different enough from a DB11 to be a different model. And I would believe any Vanquish proto would be so camouflaged you wouldn't be able to tell. I really don't like the aeroblade when extended like that, it kills the lines. Love the grill, if they took off that license plate bar.

IMO that will be an AMR version of the DB11.
Originally Posted by Redpants
Could be a mule, which would explain the DB11 body. But that is the front grille of the Vantage AMR Pro (disguised with a bit of black tape across it to make it look like a traditional upper and lower grille), so it very well could be the DB11 AMR.
I'd agree with you guys, but there's 0 benefit to having not only new headlights but new taillights on "just" an AMR model.

Lighting on vehicles is one of the hardest things to get right because it requires a lot of certification from the DOT. Not a lot of money for a large OEM but uncessary costs unless related to something value based and I don't think anyone buying an AMR _______ (insert model here) would care for the headlights and taillights being different.

I'm going to hold on it being the Vanquish.

Old 10-18-2017, 12:56 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Your own pictures point out how near identical the body is to the DB11, so if it is Vanquish underneath, that is not Vanquish on the exterior, and if it's a mule body then you can make the same statement about the lights being different.

Old 10-18-2017, 01:02 PM
As mentioned, the lights take a lot of work- this is why the work gets started long before the body panels are finished.

Its much easier to stamp out mule sheet metal that fits new lights than it is to develope new lights once the production sheet metal is done.

...still holding. ;-)

Old 10-18-2017, 01:10 PM
Looks to me like the light portion is exactly the same on the heads and the only difference is the injection molded bucket. I don't see it as big a deal as you

Old 10-18-2017, 01:22 PM
Originally Posted by HabitualOffender
Looks to me like the light portion is exactly the same on the heads and the only difference is the injection molded bucket. I don't see it as big a deal as you
The wonders of DOT certification for headlights/taillights stipulates any and all changes, including those to the housing of lighting systems still need recertification... besides, the rears are completely different.

...thirdly, you guys seeing Zagato design in this update of the Vanquish? Makes sense to me.

Old 10-18-2017, 01:34 PM
Originally Posted by bolteon
...thirdly, you guys seeing Zagato design in this update of the Vanquish? Makes sense to me.
Nope, I'm seeing nothing but DB11 in this car and don't believe it has anything to do with Vanquish

It's pretty hard to deny that body is all DB11, no matter what the lights and grill say. In which case if there is a Vanquish underneath there is nothing to tell up what it's going to look like.

IMO when you see the 2019 Vanquish, you'll know it's the 2019 Vanquish. It's the same thing I said when everybody was posting spy shots of the camo DB11 V8 testing declaring it was the new Vantage.

Old 10-18-2017, 04:14 PM
Banned
Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !
My money's on it being the DBS.

Similarity to the DB11 would keep in line with the similarity of the DB9 and previous DBS. Vanquish should be markedly different in design than the DB11 (not that it matters when looking at a mule).

Old 10-18-2017, 04:19 PM
Ahhh, good call. Very plausible. I still think it's an AMR by the shape of the grill but I have to admit a DBS makes more sense.

Still hate the looks of the aeroblade when extended.

Old 10-18-2017, 04:30 PM
SLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to behold
I like the automatic leaf collector

Old 10-19-2017, 01:05 AM
I’ll side with either Vanquish or DBS. Leaning slightly towards DBS actually, good call Redpants.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.