Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

WTF is going on here???? Paint issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-25-2017, 08:12 PM
007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about
This vents get really hot, it'venting hot engine air. IMO with heat they're flexing, causing rubbing.

Old 10-25-2017, 10:13 PM
anton28 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by HabitualOffender
Paint Protection Film.

awweee had a blonde moment there for a minute lol

Old 10-26-2017, 02:39 AM
Arcadian is an unknown quantity at this point
There are several anchor points with bolts inside the door jamb
that can loosen which allows the fender to flex excessively. I heard a slight creak when going over a speed bump and found several fender bolts that were finger turn loose.

Old 10-26-2017, 08:41 AM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by anton28
awweee had a blonde moment there for a minute lol

Side note: didnt even think about the heat from the engine bay, that could add to the expansion and flexing over angled surfaces.

RRSSC----I got a 2011 with 80k miles in like new condition. Should I get Stuart to give me a tune for it???????

Old 10-26-2017, 09:40 AM
Originally Posted by SheriffDep

Side note: didnt even think about the heat from the engine bay, that could add to the expansion and flexing over angled surfaces.

RRSSC----I got a 2011 with 80k miles in like new condition. Should I get Stuart to give me a tune for it???????
I have Stuarts tune on my 2009. Best mod ever!

Old 10-26-2017, 10:57 AM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
I have Stuarts tune on my 2009. Best mod ever!
Is it very noticeable??? I am assuming the tune on on a 2009 RR or the DBS?

I have his tune on my DB9, and yes I really noticed the changes. Much more responsive. However, I used a Eurocharged Tune on my E63 AMG and DID NOT notice a change honestly at all. Maybe there was a issue in loading it into the system or something, but I know it took, the dealer I sold it too had to remove it to get it to pass NC inspection. But just wondering on the RR

Old 10-26-2017, 03:31 PM
Originally Posted by SheriffDep
Is it very noticeable??? I am assuming the tune on on a 2009 RR or the DBS?

I have his tune on my DB9, and yes I really noticed the changes. Much more responsive. However, I used a Eurocharged Tune on my E63 AMG and DID NOT notice a change honestly at all. Maybe there was a issue in loading it into the system or something, but I know it took, the dealer I sold it too had to remove it to get it to pass NC inspection. But just wondering on the RR
Yeah on the DBS. Extremely noticeable. I even wrote up a thread about it.

Old 10-26-2017, 06:00 PM
Viper98912 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unfortunately looks like you're gonna have to sell it and pick up a car that's in better shape.

The good news for you is that I'm willing to offer you $80k for you car, even with it's flaws.

Old 10-26-2017, 06:58 PM
Originally Posted by Viper98912
Unfortunately looks like you're gonna have to sell it and pick up a car that's in better shape.

The good news for you is that I'm willing to offer you $80k for you car, even with it's flaws.

80K down and 80K due at delivery.

Old 10-29-2017, 01:49 AM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Originally Posted by 007JB
This vents get really hot, it'venting hot engine air. IMO with heat they're flexing, causing rubbing.
I just tested this tonight getting gas. The hood vents, oh they're venting some heat. The side vents are a cool cucumber. And if you look inside the engine bay there is nothing vented to them, it's totally enclosed. I believe these are more cosmetic than functional.

Old 10-29-2017, 10:45 PM
Originally Posted by HabitualOffender
I just tested this tonight getting gas. The hood vents, oh they're venting some heat. The side vents are a cool cucumber. And if you look inside the engine bay there is nothing vented to them, it's totally enclosed. I believe these are more cosmetic than functional.
Very interesting.....

Old 10-30-2017, 02:16 PM
Former Vendor
EDHondroulis is on a distinguished road
What is PPF if you dont mind me asking?
PPF stands for Paint Protection Film. It's a clear urethane that covers the painted surfaces of your car to protect the paint from rock chips and other road debris. You can learn more at www.ppffilm.com.

Old 10-30-2017, 10:40 PM
Aldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud of
Just a thought but it appears like water damage from the inside causing the paint to bubble from the high heat from the engine escaping.

The side vents do work...you can prove by spraying a little water on them after driving the car after reaching operating temperature.

Our cars vent heat from the top vents...side vents and in the back from the rear cooler...walk around your car and feel it after driving...

I hope you find the answer but flexing would cause more pain damage I believe.

Old 10-30-2017, 10:44 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
I don't know how yours vent heat because my are stone cold while the hood vents were plenty hot.

Old 10-30-2017, 10:57 PM
Aldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud of
Hi Ho...perhaps there is some blockage? My 09 does vent both side and top.

I keep my car in a garage. My wife often warms her hands on the side vents...lol

This is why I wondered if not venting correctly so heating the paint and cause bubbling.

On Piston heads...many many AM cars have mirror problems with the same problem the paint peeling or bubbles. They believed caused by mositure.

I say...hold out for the DB11 V8 everything I read it is a great car...better than the V12 motor..then all new problems I guess.

I hope an answer is found by smarter people.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.