Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Failed Dipped Beam Warning... Advice please

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-07-2017, 10:06 AM
Xler8nAMV is just really niceXler8nAMV is just really niceXler8nAMV is just really niceXler8nAMV is just really nice
The fuse panel is behind the kick plate under the passenger side carpet. I just replaced all of mine as well but my light is still out. Has your failed to level period or it is just off level once on/leveled?

Old 11-07-2017, 10:15 AM
Xler8nAMV is just really niceXler8nAMV is just really niceXler8nAMV is just really niceXler8nAMV is just really nice
Hey guys. I think I found a replacement ballast. My question is this. I have a snapshot of the bottom of an 07 vantage ballast. The replacement seems almost identical except the information in the white area differs. All other info matches perfectly. Is the white just random numbers per the manufacturer or that is the crucial info I need to match?

from ta replacement headlight found online

replacement part

Old 11-07-2017, 10:41 AM
lilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Xler8nAMV
The fuse panel is behind the kick plate under the passenger side carpet. I just replaced all of mine as well but my light is still out. Has your failed to level period or it is just off level once on/leveled?
I dont believe mine is a ballast issue as the lights work, they just fail to level. I notice one light visibly higher than the other

They used to level, but now they dont

Old 11-07-2017, 10:56 AM
I believe in your owners manual there is instructions on how to re-level your lights. I just saw it today actually!

Old 11-07-2017, 12:36 PM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by lilseevs
I dont believe mine is a ballast issue as the lights work, they just fail to level. I notice one light visibly higher than the other

They used to level, but now they dont
page 682 of the V8 Vantage workshop manual which can be downloaded here

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...op-manual.html

Old 11-07-2017, 02:00 PM
lilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by sonies
page 682 of the V8 Vantage workshop manual which can be downloaded here

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...op-manual.html
Right but I am also also receiving the failed dipped beam warning error, which leads me to believe there is an actual failed component not simply a leveling issue

Old 11-13-2017, 11:25 AM
Hello all. In the spirit of collaboration I wanted to post the fix I found for this and not only ask questions.

It ended up that the ballast was bad. Aston Martin wanted $377.25 + 4 hours of labor to cure this issue. That would come to roughly 1k for the fix.

Through A LOT of research I was able to find that my 07 V8 Vantage shared a ballast with a 2005-2007 MERCURY MONTEGO FACTORY OEM HID HEADLIGHT BALLAST. This was found used on eBay for $65.00 plus I got a 6 month warranty on the part. The install was rather easy and could be accessed by taking the wheel off and entering through he headlight panel.

Saved myself quite a few bucks with DYI. Thanks to all who chimed in and helped. Thought this might be helpful for others as I want to contribute not just ask questions. Hop it helps someone out there!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.