Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Back to the drawing board. Small electrical issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-05-2017, 03:59 PM
Xler8nAMV is just really niceXler8nAMV is just really niceXler8nAMV is just really niceXler8nAMV is just really nice
Back to the drawing board. Small electrical issues

Hey all,

So I posted the other day about a dipped beam failure and ordered the new hid replacement. Was very careful and went in through the fender well but it was not the problem. I guess up next is swapping the ballast for a new one. Found this and it seems to be the right part. Can anyone confirm?

http://https://m.ebay.com/itm/MERCURY-LAND-ROVER-ASTON-MARTIN-FACTORY-XENON-OEM-HID-HEADLIGHT-BALLAST-/281712551663

Funny thing is during this bulb switch suddenly my driver window stopped operating??? Checked all fuses and they seem fine. I can control the passenger side but not the driver. Any ideas? Getting frustrated as it seems like one small thing after another Thanks all!

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 11-05-2017 at 04:36 PM.
Old 11-05-2017, 04:49 PM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
From what I have read, make sure you have a good battery before starting to swap electrical stuff... It seems to be the cause of most issues on these cars, check when was it replaced last and plug it on a good trickle charger

Old 11-05-2017, 04:59 PM
Xler8nAMV is just really niceXler8nAMV is just really niceXler8nAMV is just really niceXler8nAMV is just really nice
I did recently lose power due to cold weather but it jumped fine, has been working ok and the window was working ok until today. Maybe I should disconnect the battery again and follow the reset function. That function will only work if I can get it moving again though! 🤔

Old 11-05-2017, 05:15 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
If the power loss was due to the battery going dead then that is definitely where you want to start with any electrical gremlins.

Old 11-06-2017, 04:54 AM
cadman is a jewel in the roughcadman is a jewel in the roughcadman is a jewel in the rough
you could swap the ballasts from one side of the car to the other,and see if the opposite light works (or not) to confirm ballast good or bad and the bulbs for that matter..

Old 11-06-2017, 06:40 AM
07sportspack will become famous soon enough
There is a reason your battery went dead.... If you haven't changed it out in the last 3 years, change it. Too many electrical gremlins pop up with weak or bad batteries in AM cars. Don't guess, at least open the compartment and visually inspect your battery for age, check your connections while you're inspecting. Most batteries are date coded. Lastly, if you don't have a battery maintainer get one and use it regularly with your new battery. They won't bring a bad battery back to life!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.