Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Another thread on new vantage

Old 11-15-2017, 07:01 PM
Dalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to behold
Another thread on new vantage

I know she's coming out soon, but this video give a good view of the new Vantage. I'm still not sold on that gaping mouth, or the rear.

Old 11-15-2017, 07:22 PM
zuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to behold
Good to hear that it's still got that classic Aston Martin brake squeal!

Old 11-16-2017, 08:50 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by zuman
I thought the same thing

Old 11-16-2017, 09:23 AM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by zuman
You made my morning!

The new gen Vantage reminds me a bit of the Turdbaru brz or ft86.

Old 11-16-2017, 11:46 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
well its confirmed, release date or whatever is going to be the 21st of November (only 5 days!)

Old 11-16-2017, 03:31 PM
Vantagelvr will become famous soon enoughVantagelvr will become famous soon enough
The front looks like a whale shark with its mouth open .
The rear is OKish may look better with a regular paint job instead of the camo job
Maybe its the video but it sounds wimpy, no growl to it kinda like the 2017 F1 leaf blowers they call cars .
JMHO .

Last edited by Vantagelvr; 11-16-2017 at 03:35 PM.
Old 11-17-2017, 06:22 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
About time there are some channels on the rear diffuser.

Old 11-17-2017, 08:04 AM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
There is a video with Max Verstappen where some interesting info is released. They said it's just over 500HP and 200 either kg or lbs (can't remember which) lighter than the DB11. The hood opens like the DB11, from in front of the wind shield.

Old 11-17-2017, 08:42 AM
rohnin is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by deckman
The hood opens like the DB11, from in front of the wind shield.
Are you sure about that?

Old 11-17-2017, 09:17 AM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
I can't be 100% sure but watch the video and judge for yourself. the gap between the top of the car where the hood would normally open and the front bumper extends over the headlights all the way to the wheel well. If you go to 1:43 to 1:48 of the video that shows the line extending to the door.

BTW, I like the sound. Forgot, it has 500 pound feet of torque (685 nm). I think it's the same V8 as in the DB11
It must weigh in the 3,700 lbs area, which is disappointing.

https://wtf1.com/post/watch-max-vers...artin-vantage/

Last edited by deckman; 11-17-2017 at 09:33 AM.
Old 11-17-2017, 10:08 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
I saw the car, signed to secrecy - some of the comments (guesses are wrong) you will see on Tuesday...

Old 11-17-2017, 10:25 AM
Originally Posted by deckman
I can't be 100% sure but watch the video and judge for yourself. the gap between the top of the car where the hood would normally open and the front bumper extends over the headlights all the way to the wheel well. If you go to 1:43 to 1:48 of the video that shows the line extending to the door.

BTW, I like the sound. Forgot, it has 500 pound feet of torque (685 nm). I think it's the same V8 as in the DB11
It must weigh in the 3,700 lbs area, which is disappointing.

https://wtf1.com/post/watch-max-vers...artin-vantage/
3450 lbs which is good which means its lighter than past generation

its going to have almost 45% more torque than the 4.7L
thats bonkers

Last edited by sonies; 11-17-2017 at 10:28 AM.
Old 11-17-2017, 11:28 AM
smdzucladoc is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by sonies
3450 lbs which is good which means its lighter than past generation

its going to have almost 45% more torque than the 4.7L
thats bonkers
Yeah, but by the time you put in a decent spec it will cost close to a 570. Also the launch transmission is going to be a surprise to most people in this forum.

Old 11-17-2017, 12:22 PM
Originally Posted by smdzucladoc
Yeah, but by the time you put in a decent spec it will cost close to a 570. Also the launch transmission is going to be a surprise to most people in this forum.
190k fully loaded (which is what 570's start at)? I find that hard to believe, then again the 2007 vantage was like 125k starting

I'd imagine its priced close to the 911 turbo which is more costly than I thought (starts at 160k? really?)

Old 11-17-2017, 02:46 PM
rohnin is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Prefurbia
I saw the car, signed to secrecy - some of the comments (guesses are wrong) you will see on Tuesday...
Me too, it’s fun watching the speculation from the other side (^_^)v

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.