Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

NEW Vantage Unveiled

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2019, 05:07 PM
Golfpunks is an unknown quantity at this point
Just an FYI.. If anyone is planning on upgrading or getting the new vantage.. A very common problem in most if not all of the new models make a whining noise coming from the differential.. 65-75 mph is when you hear it at its loudest.. Unfortunately that's the speed we are cruising the most often.. This has been an issue since day one. I even highly advised other members to not get one and after an extensive test drive, they moved forward. Well guess what after some miles it's whining.. I would really recommend staying away from this vehicle until aston martin does something about it..

Old 04-26-2019, 10:50 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
Vantage AMR with a stick shift confirmed!

Old 04-26-2019, 12:08 PM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Golfpunks
Just an FYI.. If anyone is planning on upgrading or getting the new vantage.. A very common problem in most if not all of the new models make a whining noise coming from the differential.. 65-75 mph is when you hear it at its loudest.. Unfortunately that's the speed we are cruising the most often.. This has been an issue since day one. I even highly advised other members to not get one and after an extensive test drive, they moved forward. Well guess what after some miles it's whining.. I would really recommend staying away from this vehicle until aston martin does something about it..
It's just whining because it wants to go faster. Try reverse psychology.

Old 04-26-2019, 12:43 PM
goto35 will become famous soon enoughgoto35 will become famous soon enough
Got an opportunity to buy the manual. If anyone wants details on price please pm me

Old 04-26-2019, 02:01 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
If you have to go AMR to get a stick that's got to add minimum $25k to the price.

Old 04-29-2019, 05:42 PM
fishmouth is an unknown quantity at this point
Vantage Grille Horror
i have a 2011 vantage ...then went out and bought the new 2019 Vantage.
The grille is hideous. Most of my Aston mates think the same.
Any ideas if Aston will offer an insert to soften the gaping fishmouth grille...after market options ?

Old 04-29-2019, 06:26 PM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
I wouldn't buy a car that I find that the grille is hideous myself, that is the answer... Some people like it some don't, I am in the ladder part... sorry

Old 04-29-2019, 06:59 PM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by fishmouth
Vantage Grille Horror
i have a 2011 vantage ...then went out and bought the new 2019 Vantage.
The grille is hideous. Most of my Aston mates think the same.
Any ideas if Aston will offer an insert to soften the gaping fishmouth grille...after market options ?
I would think someone would make a DB10 style kit

goto35, is the front on the AMR vantage different at all?

Old 04-29-2019, 08:51 PM
perfect..thats the sort of suggestion that will satisfy all cover all tastes.. at the end of the day AM needs to listen to its buyers.... and offer options

Old 04-30-2019, 05:21 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
I'd paint it the same color as the body - same with the rear diffuser - you can probably have someone Photoshop it before you decide. The black and dark color V8's at Morries are not so apparent on the catfish look, so that might be a viable option.

Old 04-30-2019, 05:30 AM
appreciate the feedback- also a very good tangible suggestion to be considered.

Old 04-30-2019, 01:44 PM
davidm17 is on a distinguished road
Is your car a dark or light color. As said, it's not as noticable on the darker cars. I presume the radiator along with the intercooler is behind the opening so I don't think I'd want to change the shape much. I can't see slats looking all that good personally. I think you live with it or maybe try wrapping it a different color to see how that looks. I don't think I'd paint it.

Old 05-01-2019, 06:52 AM
Hi Mate, its a magnetic silver color, mid-range color... yes on the AM website ive used the app to color the defusers and looks better.... also maybe a discrete s/steel strip mounted across grille (above the rego plate) to break it up and 2 small descrete grille mounted fog lights would sex it up. We might be on to something here.

Old 05-01-2019, 08:23 AM
Originally Posted by fishmouth
Hi Mate, its a magnetic silver color, mid-range color... yes on the AM website ive used the app to color the defusers and looks better.... also maybe a discrete s/steel strip mounted across grille (above the rego plate) to break it up and 2 small descrete grille mounted fog lights would sex it up. We might be on to something here.
like the race cars?

Old 05-02-2019, 06:19 AM
jackpot perfect ..thankyou for helping out on this one.. my vision realized ...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.