Notices
Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

NEW Vantage Unveiled

Old 03-01-2019, 08:27 AM
sonies is a splendid one to beholdsonies is a splendid one to beholdsonies is a splendid one to beholdsonies is a splendid one to beholdsonies is a splendid one to beholdsonies is a splendid one to beholdsonies is a splendid one to beholdsonies is a splendid one to behold
how is 3 stalks confusing when one of them in the way back is for your steering wheel adjustments, like you're literally never going to use that while driving,

the other is for cruise control which again, you're probably not using much, and the turn signal... yeah use that... its not difficult.

The only thing I find weird was that the wiper blade controls and turn signals are on the same stalk, which isn't all that common, you usually have another stalk on the right side for the wipers. Maybe they think people aren't going to drive the car in the rain lol, but it also makes sense to have the most commonly used things on the same stalk as well

British quirkiness though, gotta love it

Old 03-01-2019, 08:29 AM
blue2000s has a spectacular aura aboutblue2000s has a spectacular aura aboutblue2000s has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by V12Vin View Post
Love that blue.
+1 to that. Love that color.

Old 03-01-2019, 08:35 AM
blue2000s has a spectacular aura aboutblue2000s has a spectacular aura aboutblue2000s has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by sonies View Post
The only thing I find weird was that the wiper blade controls and turn signals are on the same stalk, which isn't all that common, you usually have another stalk on the right side for the wipers. Maybe they think people aren't going to drive the car in the rain lol, but it also makes sense to have the most commonly used things on the same stalk as well

British quirkiness though, gotta love it
Actually, the wiper/blinker/cruise stalk may be one of the most common in all of automobile-dom. GM used it on all of their cars throughout the better part of 3 decades. They even metalized them for the fancy cars!

Old 03-01-2019, 08:39 AM
sonies is a splendid one to beholdsonies is a splendid one to beholdsonies is a splendid one to beholdsonies is a splendid one to beholdsonies is a splendid one to beholdsonies is a splendid one to beholdsonies is a splendid one to beholdsonies is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by blue2000s View Post
Actually, the wiper/blinker/cruise stalk may be one of the most common in all of automobile-dom. GM used it on all of their cars throughout the better part of 3 decades. They even metalized them for the fancy cars!

Oh man that brings back the memories... lol I stand corrected

anyway I love the satisfying click of our turn signals and wipers... who's with me on that one?

Old 03-02-2019, 01:37 AM
V12Vin is on a distinguished road
Don't think this was posted. But the new Vantage is one of Clarkson's best cars for 2018.

https://www.driving.co.uk/news/features/jeremy-clarksons-five-best-cars-2018

His review in Sunday Times about the new Vantage deserves a read as well.

Old 03-02-2019, 06:19 AM
embdenb is a name known to allembdenb is a name known to allembdenb is a name known to allembdenb is a name known to allembdenb is a name known to allembdenb is a name known to all
Don't think this was posted. But the new Vantage is one of Clarkson's best cars for 2018.

https://www.driving.co.uk/news/featu...best-cars-2018

His review in Sunday Times about the new Vantage deserves a read as well.
i have not read the article, but it bet itís not one of Clarksons best LOOKING cars

Old 03-08-2019, 12:48 PM
V12Vin is on a distinguished road
The Grand Tour S03E09 "Aston, Astronauts and Angelina's Children".

Worth a watch. New Vantage reviewed.

Trailer:

Old 03-08-2019, 01:10 PM
brightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud of
The Grand Tour S03E09 "Aston, Astronauts and Angelina's Children".

Worth a watch. New Vantage reviewed.
With many on here *****ing about the new Vantage styling, I got a chuckle out of the highlighted post.

Old 03-12-2019, 11:58 AM
MRCW is a glorious beacon of lightMRCW is a glorious beacon of lightMRCW is a glorious beacon of lightMRCW is a glorious beacon of lightMRCW is a glorious beacon of light
I saw the GT episode...I think they let little Richard do the segment instead of Jeremy because he likely doesn't like the last generation AMG aspects...

Old 03-15-2019, 06:52 PM
hkg1997 is on a distinguished road
And anyone noticed the lap time is the same as 911 GT3 RS?

Old 03-15-2019, 09:10 PM
spinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by hkg1997 View Post
And anyone noticed the lap time is the same as 911 GT3 RS?
And that would be a great reason to ignore The Grand Tour's lap times...

Old 04-02-2019, 05:07 PM
Golfpunks is an unknown quantity at this point
Just an FYI.. If anyone is planning on upgrading or getting the new vantage.. A very common problem in most if not all of the new models make a whining noise coming from the differential.. 65-75 mph is when you hear it at its loudest.. Unfortunately that's the speed we are cruising the most often.. This has been an issue since day one. I even highly advised other members to not get one and after an extensive test drive, they moved forward. Well guess what after some miles it's whining.. I would really recommend staying away from this vehicle until aston martin does something about it..

Old 04-26-2019, 10:50 AM
Vantage AMR with a stick shift confirmed!

Old 04-26-2019, 12:08 PM
Originally Posted by Golfpunks View Post
Just an FYI.. If anyone is planning on upgrading or getting the new vantage.. A very common problem in most if not all of the new models make a whining noise coming from the differential.. 65-75 mph is when you hear it at its loudest.. Unfortunately that's the speed we are cruising the most often.. This has been an issue since day one. I even highly advised other members to not get one and after an extensive test drive, they moved forward. Well guess what after some miles it's whining.. I would really recommend staying away from this vehicle until aston martin does something about it..
It's just whining because it wants to go faster. Try reverse psychology.

Old 04-26-2019, 12:43 PM
goto35 will become famous soon enoughgoto35 will become famous soon enough
Got an opportunity to buy the manual. If anyone wants details on price please pm me

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Join 6SpeedOnline
Visit our Sponsors

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.