Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

NEW Vantage Unveiled

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-21-2018, 01:15 PM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Prefurbia
Case in point - the bad boy racer buyer: A 2019 Aston Martin Vantage was Seized doing 98 MPH in a 25 MPH School zone. The 31 year old (bad boy) man was charged with stunt driving, dangerous driving, and speeding in the city of Vaughn (Toronto?). I have a feeling that this is the typical buyer of the new Vantage and many more stories like this to come. The fine will be between $2,000 and $10,000 - license suspended for two years and 6 months in jail.
yes this one isolated case is clearly an indication of the typical buyer of the new vantage

Old 08-21-2018, 01:25 PM
oo7
oo7 will become famous soon enoughoo7 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by HabitualOffender
Sorry, but there are so many aftermarket options to increase power because, they could use more power. And even if they had more power, they could always use MORE POWER!

If you just want to cruise in your DB9 at 55 in the slow lane is your absolute right, but many of us would much rather be in the caravan doing 87 is the left lane [or doing 87 in the right blowing by the caravan in the left stuck behind the moron doing 55 who owns the lane]. And getting dusted by an SUV at a red light is embarrassing, if you don't care, it means you've never been dusted by an SUV!

I'd love the new engine in my body. I'd love the new seats in my body. I'd love how tight and quiet [no rattles, squeaks etc] the Wolf is in my body, because i love my car, but I would love another 100HP [make it 200] and those new seats are extremely comfortable, but i'm no fan of their "look" or the rest of the interior. I love my analog gauges and the backwards tach.

The Wolf will make a nice replacement for mine in another 80,000 miles though!

Horsepower is like sex, only too much is enough..

Old 08-21-2018, 01:28 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Originally Posted by oo7
Horsepower is like sex, only too much is enough..

Old 08-21-2018, 01:48 PM
Denver V8V is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking

Originally Posted by Prefurbia
Case in point - the bad boy racer buyer: A 2019 Aston Martin Vantage was Seized doing 98 MPH in a 25 MPH School zone. The 31 year old (bad boy) man was charged with stunt driving, dangerous driving, and speeding in the city of Vaughn (Toronto?). I have a feeling that this is the typical buyer of the new Vantage and many more stories like this to come. The fine will be between $2,000 and $10,000 - license suspended for two years and 6 months in jail.
Deservedly so! What a moron! In a school zone no less. Just proves the having money doesn't equal having brains.

I'm not sure what to think of the new V. Agree the interior is very nice and no one can complain about extra HP. I tend to be set in my thoughts of AM and align myself with traditionalists who speak of the car as a true blend of exotic yet beautiful, comfortable and great for long trips and pleasure driving. Perhaps it's the first image of the DB 5 in Gold Finger and how the grill just grabbed attention. I love the lines and look of my '09 and so many of the V8V's that followed. However times change and perhaps it's lack of sales that drive AM to be more exotic in appeal. Also, times change and you have to keep up with it, otherwise how do you justify minute changes year to year with extravagant price increases?

Old 08-21-2018, 01:49 PM
spinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to behold
Guy speeding in Toronto had the car impounded. Good riddance. Car is so ugly it deserves the pound.

I think you are all missing the point of XJRS' post: stoplight races in an Aston are ... well, unseemly. This is just MHO, but anyone over teenage years engaging in such behaviour should take a good look in the mirror and act their age. Besides, the fun is in the corners, not in a straight line.

Old 08-21-2018, 01:55 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Before everybody vilifies the guy like there were children chasing soccer ***** into the street as he went flying by, it was on a Sunday night, no children would have been present, and, it is Canada! LOL

http://www.thedrive.com/news/23042/a...in-school-zone

>Just last month, Ontario police seized a Nissan GT-R, a McLaren 12C, a Mercedes-AMG GT S, and a Porsche Cayenne on a supercar rental tour near Niagara Falls. Nearly all the drivers in that party were slapped with stunt driving charges as well

Old 08-21-2018, 01:58 PM
Originally Posted by spinecho
Guy speeding in Toronto had the car impounded. Good riddance. Car is so ugly it deserves the pound.

I think you are all missing the point of XJRS' post: stoplight races in an Aston are ... well, unseemly. This is just MHO, but anyone over teenage years engaging in such behaviour should take a good look in the mirror and act their age. Besides, the fun is in the corners, not in a straight line.
Gads, the age police just showed up!

We're men, if we act our age we might as well be dead.

And a redlight warrior is much safer than pulling high g's in the twisties with limited visibility around the turns. I always have to be so much more careful enjoying the curves than I do smashing my right foot on the floor.

Old 08-21-2018, 02:04 PM
[QUOTE=HabitualOffender;4734420]Before everybody vilifies the guy like there were children chasing soccer ***** into the street as he went flying by, it was on a Sunday night, no children would have been present, and, it is Canada! LOL

OK I'll upgrade the IQ to 10, why not higher? Is that the only street in Toronto you can blast your car in? Still a moron

Old 08-21-2018, 02:07 PM
spinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to behold
Well, there are plenty of fun videos on Youtube that suggest being a redlight warrior is not so safe.

And who said anything about limited visibility around turns?

Both activities can be dangerous in the right circumstances, and both can be less dangerous in the right circumstances. I reckon a lot of red light races are done in built up urban areas with plenty of other traffic and even pedestrians nearby. Definitely a lot less safe than having some fun on relatively deserted backroad twisties.

As for the Toronto/Canada comment, well, it's the largest city in Canada and quite a bit bigger than many American cities, so I'm not sure what you are getting at - are you implying it is unpopulated, frozen tundra because it's in Canada? Interesting also that you give him a buy because it was a Sunday night - surely this is not how you wish to portray your ability to judge risk?

But hey, we all get our kicks in different ways...

Last edited by spinecho; 08-21-2018 at 02:11 PM.
Old 08-21-2018, 02:09 PM
Originally Posted by Denver V8V

OK I'll upgrade the IQ to 10, why not higher? Is that the only street in Toronto you can blast your car in? Still a moron
Surely not the smartest thing he did this year, but it could be a fairly rural school, wide open well lit road, and it only takes a few seconds to hit 100 in a Wolf. Not giving him a hall pass, just saying we don't know all the specifics. If there were children present anywhere near the street he should just be taken out back and shot.

I once got a 51 in a 25 school zone, when children are present, otherwise it was a 50. Yea, there were children out BEHIND the school hundreds of yards away you could not see from the street. I went to the prosecutor and explained it and he looked at me and said "you were still doing 51 in a 50"! Jackass

Last edited by HabitualOffender; 08-21-2018 at 02:14 PM.
Old 08-21-2018, 02:12 PM
Originally Posted by spinecho

Both activities can be dangerous in the right circumstances, and both can be less dangerous in the right circumstances. I reckon a lot of red light races are done in built up urban areas with plenty of other traffic and even pedestrians nearby. Definitely a lot less safe than having some fun on relatively deserted backroad twisties.

As for the Toronto/Canada comment, well, it's the largest city in Canada and quite a bit bigger than many American cities, so I'm not sure what you are getting at - are you implying it is unpopulated, frozen tundra because it's in Canada? Interesting also that you give him a buy because it was a Sunday night - surely this is not how you wish to portray your ability to judge risk?
Anybody racing off a light without a very clear unencumbered safe path ahead is just an idiot. It's been a decade or 3 since I was that stupid. The only turns you can really have fun with here are on/off ramps and the views are blocked by trees in the rural areas where it's the safest. Until you come around and there's somebody on a horse [yea, in Jersey!].

The Canada was more about the punishment. Although they can throw a thick book in the States also. And as far as Toronto, I might as well say I live in Philly. Philly extends in 20 miles in any radius from Independence Hall. It's all just a megalopolis like most US cities, I just happen to be the Jersey side. 10 miles South and it's starts getting very rural, as rural as Jersey gets without being in the middle of the pine barrons.

Last edited by HabitualOffender; 08-21-2018 at 02:28 PM.
Old 08-21-2018, 02:20 PM
Originally Posted by HabitualOffender
Anybody racing off a light without a very clear unencumbered safe path ahead is just an idiot. It's been a decade or 3 since I was that stupid. The only turns you can really have fun with here are on/off ramps and the views are blocked by trees in the rural areas where it's the safest. Until you come around and there's somebody on a horse [yea, in Jersey!].
I'm no angel when it comes to gunning the car especially on the onramps for I-25 here in Denver. If I get to be the first car with no one to impede my progress, I let her rip and by the time I'm merging I'm well over 100 and have to slow down as I can't see vehicles in the right lane until I'm on them. It is fun to do. Every chance I get I drive the car the way it was meant to be driven. You just have to choose your opportunities as wisely as you can. It's possible one of these days I'll merge in front of a cop car . I haven't come up with a good excuse yet for that possibility.

Old 08-21-2018, 02:23 PM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
yeah I mean lets be real here, who hasn't hooned their car above speed limits a time or two (in mexico, of course )

Old 08-21-2018, 02:39 PM
Originally Posted by Denver V8V
I'm no angel when it comes to gunning the car especially on the onramps for I-25 here in Denver. If I get to be the first car with no one to impede my progress, I let her rip and by the time I'm merging I'm well over 100 and have to slow down as I can't see vehicles in the right lane until I'm on them. It is fun to do. Every chance I get I drive the car the way it was meant to be driven. You just have to choose your opportunities as wisely as you can. It's possible one of these days I'll merge in front of a cop car . I haven't come up with a good excuse yet for that possibility.
We're not that different, but you must see a much younger man in the mirror than I do

I have the answer to that.

Ooops.

I was racing a buddy of mine back from the race at Dover [much younger and much stupider] and his IROC was getting the best of me but as we cut into I95 merge I saw a straight path across 4 lanes straight to the fast lane on full throttle. Hit the lane, looked in the rear view, and the officer already had the red and blues spinning. he walked up to the window and I said "Oooops!"

I still got a ticket but it was for 20mph less and under the 15 over insurance bangs you for.

Old 08-23-2018, 12:27 PM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by sonies
Got a chance to test drive the new Vantage finally, I totally love it. Handles like its on rails, that initial turn in is just amazing... it is way more powerful... light years more powerful, all that torque my goodness! Don't have to worry about getting smoked at stop lights by crossover SUV's anymore lol... The ride quality is a million times better than my 2010 with a sports pack... I had it in track mode and it rode WAY less harsh than my current vantage.

I think it sounds really good too. Its different than our NA engines but for a twin turbo'd engine I think it sounds pretty good. I definitely enjoy the ability to pop the exhaust whenever I feel like it

Not sure why so many all are hating on the interior its a million times more comfortable for a tall person like me (I'm 6'6") and the seats are fantastic, the bezel free rear view mirror looks like a piece of art and the technology in it is a million times better than our old vantages, everything is still that very nice aston quality, metal, leather, glass, alloy, etc.

Also definitely gets a lot more attention than our older ones, it is clearly a unique car and people with cell phones were all over the place as I was test driving it, the massive sterling silver badge on the back probably helps too

It is definitely not as old school as our 13 year old cars are but they needed to do something to make a modern Vantage compete with all these other sports cars out there and I think it is a pretty awesome machine worthy of the Aston badge!

Thanks again to Norbert at Downers Grove Aston for the ride, If I wasn't going through a million life changes right now I would highly consider speccing one out for myself. For now I will have to restrain myself. Also pardon my probably incoherent writing, as I am very distracted today!
After reading this I wonder if the new Vantage I drove was broken, I did not think it was that much faster than my (same as yours) 4.7l sport pack.
I only test drove an 2008 4.3l before buying mine. I thought the 4.3l was missing HP and set my mind for the 4.7 back then.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.