31.58%
No
68.42%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

New Vantage: Yes or No

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2017, 06:51 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
I like the design, but see it as the first iteration of a new generation. Looks like an Aston and I hope Aston is agile enough to tailor the car to the buyer.

What I am not digging the most are the little traditional touches like the polished metal and magnet closures. From what I see in the pictures, it's the same old hardware everyone else is using. I bet the grill will revised/improved in no time. Everyone wants the slats or V12 style finishing. Neither are big deal to offer.

Old 12-06-2017, 07:06 AM
Scotty4300 is on a distinguished road
I am a NO on this question.
My interpretation is that AM have moved the Vantage into the Lamborghini field in terms of performance together with the necessary" looks". This makes sense when it is being raced in sportscar and endurance competition against such marques.
That means that the traditional (maybe read that as oldtimer! ) AM buyer is being catered by the DB11.
Just my thoughts.

Old 12-06-2017, 08:50 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
I love it, would take one in an instant if I could afford one!

You can make it classic looking or wild looking depending on how you spec it, the alcantara interior and the options you can choose from are amazing, play around with the configurator a bit

I think it all depends on personal taste and how much that person has when dealing with this car, quite genius if you ask me, you can do

classy & subtle

https://configurator.astonmartin.com...AQCBACBACKAGAQ

or loud and proud boy racer

https://configurator.astonmartin.com...AQIAQIAROAQGAQ

Last edited by sonies; 12-06-2017 at 09:01 AM.
Old 12-06-2017, 09:56 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
Absolutely hate it - cartoonish exterior with a cluttered interior - while the DB11 exterior is not awful and grows on you - if that happens with the Vantage and I start liking the design just take me out to pasture and shoot me.

Cadillac head of marketing just quit - they can't sell CTS's or ATS's - the CTS is a terrible design evolution - yes some people have bought it, but not a sales success like the previous classy design - Aston made a terrible mistake with the Vantage. As soon as I saw the sketches leaked, I began looking for a used V12S - the last true elegant performance car - at least till Aston gets different ownership and brings the marque back to it's original strengths.

Old 12-06-2017, 10:24 AM
rodg100 is on a distinguished road
no

no no

Old 12-06-2017, 11:47 AM
era2076 is on a distinguished road

Old 12-06-2017, 11:59 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by era2076

I was going for Chinese Boy Racer

Old 12-06-2017, 01:07 PM
captain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Scotty4300
I am a NO on this question.
My interpretation is that AM have moved the Vantage into the Lamborghini field in terms of performance together with the necessary" looks". This makes sense when it is being raced in sportscar and endurance competition against such marques.
That means that the traditional (maybe read that as oldtimer! ) AM buyer is being catered by the DB11.
Just my thoughts.
Ahhhh yes an aston with Lamborghini performance

I can relate to this comment bieng almost 55 with a body of a 25year old...

Look while the parents (oldtimer) don't enjoy it I'm having fun with the teen age cheerleaders .....but I'm not scared of Milf! The trick is to be able to pull them all.

If I was able to have one I would not hesitate to ordering one ......who says we need to sell the traditional car along with the Bolar hat.

Think I will revisit the cash..... I need one of these to be cool....and I can't bring myself to an R8 or a Lamborghini or. Feeerrrari...I have hair on my head I have lead in my pencil, and I don't own a gold chain and board shorts yet

Old 12-06-2017, 02:50 PM
era2076 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by sonies
I was going for Chinese Boy Racer
Nailed it -

Old 12-06-2017, 03:10 PM
sonnyd is a jewel in the roughsonnyd is a jewel in the roughsonnyd is a jewel in the rough
It's that few inches of bumper forward of the hood that makes everything else inexcusable. See what the breakup of the hood line alone does in the Jag F-Type versus DB9 comparison. One says "mass produced for consumption", the other says "refined elegance."

Old 12-06-2017, 05:25 PM
keitheva is a glorious beacon of lightkeitheva is a glorious beacon of lightkeitheva is a glorious beacon of lightkeitheva is a glorious beacon of lightkeitheva is a glorious beacon of lightkeitheva is a glorious beacon of light
That stuck on kit car grille/spoiler protruberance is just beyond dreadful. How? Why? Simply unfathomable.

Last edited by keitheva; 12-07-2017 at 04:13 PM.
Old 12-06-2017, 09:00 PM
JTaylorGT has a spectacular aura aboutJTaylorGT has a spectacular aura about
Just had an insurance claim to replace the front carbon fiber chin spoiler on my V8VS - for $6k! Wonder how much that piece will cost on the new one given it appears to be all one piece (chin splitter and front grill trim)?!?! That's probably a five-figure part! STAY AWAY FROM STEEP DRIVEWAYS AND PARKING BLOCKS!!!

Last edited by JTaylorGT; 12-06-2017 at 09:03 PM.
Old 12-07-2017, 06:24 AM
Senatorblutarsky will become famous soon enoughSenatorblutarsky will become famous soon enough
No. I don't mind the view from the side or the rear. But that will probably change once I see Daniel Craig driving it.

Old 12-07-2017, 09:49 AM
99Problems is on a distinguished road
the Vantage reveal event here in Nor Cal is on the 19th, i'll be going to see it in person so as to make up my mind on this one. I'm fine with the rear and side views. The front has grown on me with a black grill, but before deciding to spend what will likely be 175-180K once configured, really need to see it in person.

Admittedly at 41, I'm probably more of the age group this car is targeted for than those AM owners who grew up loving the DB5's, but even for me there are some ??? angles.

Old 12-07-2017, 01:37 PM
shootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura aboutshootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Vantagelvr
Side view -yes
Rear view -yes
Front view -NOOOOOOOOOOOO
spot on, same here.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.