31.58%
No
68.42%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

New Vantage: Yes or No

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2017, 12:37 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
New Vantage: Yes or No

It's seems the new Vantage design is very polarizing. Now that you've had a few days to ponder, I think it's time to cast your vote.

A simple Yes or No vote because, in the end, that's the only two choices that really matter. So none of this "if they did this or that, then maybe" answers, please.

Could yield interesting results, especially compared to the companion poll in the predominantly British Pistonheads forum

Old 12-05-2017, 01:40 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
I think it's a little early as you know how different these cars look in person than they do in pictures. But OTOH I voted from what I imagine it looks like in person after seeing the pictures LOL

Old 12-05-2017, 02:50 PM
era2076 is on a distinguished road

Old 12-05-2017, 03:51 PM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold

Yup

Old 12-05-2017, 04:08 PM
rocketboots999 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by era2076
As well as looking like they forgot to remove the shipping packaging after delivery, the grille also looks cheap like something that would be fitted to a kit car.

I can see that, over time, I would probably get used to the fact that the styling direction has changed (I quite like some of the car exterior design), but that grille will always look cheap, nasty, awful and boy-racer.

Old 12-05-2017, 04:31 PM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
The thing I like about the new Vantage is the way they integrated the key hole behind the door handles... If I ever get my car a complete re-paint I might try to remove those key hole in our doors and go for the new handles. They look like ours but have the key hole behind them... saw that in one of the video and like that.

Old 12-05-2017, 05:51 PM
ROBERTSCOTTNEILLY is an unknown quantity at this point
Sadly, "NO."

Old 12-05-2017, 05:56 PM
Vantagelvr will become famous soon enoughVantagelvr will become famous soon enough
Side view -yes
Rear view -yes
Front view -NOOOOOOOOOOOO

Old 12-05-2017, 06:30 PM
Jagman70 is on a distinguished road
While I have yet to see the new Vantage in person, my initial impressions are that it has, sadly, moved away from a history of understated elegance that has marked Aston Martin. The DB11 has, by in large, retained that heritage.

While I completely understand that Aston Martin may want to show more separation in looks between it's current models than in the past, I don't think Aston has done the new Vantage marque a good service.

I only wish Aston success, so I hope when I do see the new Vantage, I will have a more positive impression.

Old 12-05-2017, 06:32 PM
Scottiejo is on a distinguished road
Yes, but it has to be the right color combination. Current Vantage looks great in just about any color, the new one needs to be subdued and the grille black only...for now.

Old 12-05-2017, 07:39 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
I've been reading a lot of excuses that have been written about new the car:
  • The design will grow on you
  • It looks better in person
  • The photos show it from too low an angle
  • It looks better if you choose a different color
  • They'll have better styling for the 'S' and V12 versions
  • You have to be younger to appreciate the design

The current Vantage design doesn't seem to need excuses. It's just lovely.

Old 12-05-2017, 08:10 PM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Since i never buy a new car... I'll let it grow on me for 5 years while I drive my 09.

Old 12-05-2017, 08:45 PM
GCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond reputeGCBC has a reputation beyond repute
I was holding out thinking this could be the last new car I’d buy and of course... not even close to interested! Get a traditional aston while you can!

Old 12-05-2017, 08:54 PM
sierraV12V is just really nicesierraV12V is just really nicesierraV12V is just really nicesierraV12V is just really nice
Sadly I'm a no (for now). I went and saw it over the weekend at the LA auto show. To me the back and side view are great, even better in person but the headlights really throw it off. Not only are they small and squinty but there's some sort of "eyebrow" inside the light that accentuates that look. I think I could live with the grill had the lights been more like the DB11, however the grill would look better if they took some ques from the Vulcan (mainly have the sides of the grill turn inward rather than slanting outward).

Good news is even if I loved it I'm still a few years out before I could consider adding another Aston to the garage. So rather than living in agony for a few years waiting to place an order I'm going to live optimistically and hope that in a few years the new Vantage will have a favorable makeover.

On a side note, I did a quick search into the designers at Ford and Jaguar given some comments about Ian Callum being one of the main contributors to the DB9 and the now "old" line of Astons introduced in the 2000s. To me Ford and Jag have been cranking out some really nice designs in recent years (the F-type, Ford GT and Mustang, etc). Interesting thing is Ian has a brother who's high up in the design department at Ford, Moray Callum. Seems these two know how to appeal to my taste in car design.

Old 12-06-2017, 12:07 AM
captain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to beholdcaptain Greg is a splendid one to behold
I would get one simply because it's the new Aston, and it's always nice to have the newest or the best, of your brand of choice.
For instance us Ducati fans are now replacing our 1299 Panigale's for the V4 as they arrive on shore, but that is still within reach for a working man....

Sadly the new Vantage pricing locally with taxes and duties puts this one out of reach for me......now if I did not squander my money on lose women and expensive whisky. ...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.