Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

V8V windows don't work at all

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2017, 09:22 AM
Eburroughs12 is an unknown quantity at this point
V8V windows don't work at all

Hi all,
I am looking at a MY07 Vantage and one of the issues that came up is that neither window rolls down. It's not the common issue where it doesn't go down slightly when the door opens, they just don't work full stop.

When I had the PPI done at the local Aston dealer they said the passenger door module is offline; but were unsure what the root cause was.

Has anyone else had experience with this? Any ideas on what the problem may be?

Thanks,
Joe

Old 12-06-2017, 03:54 PM
lilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud of
If both windows are not responsive, could it be the fuses? If I recall, each window module uses their own separate 25A fuse underneath the passenger seat carpet

If that doesnt remedy, I would check the modules themselves and make sure they are receiving power via a voltmeter or registering any output

I helped a buddy with his on a similar issue - we disconnected the battery for a few minutes and reconnected it. Cant explain why it resolved but it did! I think an AM tech we spoke to said sometimes the modules get "out of whack" and need to "relearn."

Is the battery strong? Could also not be getting enough power

Old 12-06-2017, 06:34 PM
NCVantage is an unknown quantity at this point
Have you tried the reset procedure? Covered in the PH FAQ

"1. Sitting in the car with the ignition switch turned on with all doors closed, press and hold the electric window switch in the down position, once the window is fully down keep the button pressed for a further 5 seconds, you may hear a click as the window position is relearned,
2. now send the window fully up again when the window reaches the top continue to hold the button for a further 5 seconds again a click may be heard,
3. repeat the above procedure for the other window"

Last edited by NCVantage; 12-06-2017 at 06:42 PM.
Old 12-06-2017, 07:04 PM
Eburroughs12 is an unknown quantity at this point
I tried the reset procedure, but the windows don't go down at all.

Turns out it was all for naught, as the dealer and I couldn't come to an agreement.

Thanks for the help, though!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.