Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Smart Phone holder for Vantage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2017, 01:02 PM
embdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to behold
Smart Phone holder for Vantage

On the rare occasions when I use the Vantage to go somewhere that I need Navigation assist I have struggled with where to put my Phone. The problem is that the Vantage's Navigation, such as it is, is only updated to 2010, and in Florida that's a lifetime.
I have come up with a solution; use the CD opening to hold the phone adapter that holds the phone. I know this is not new, but for those thinking of doing this I had some unexpected problems.
If interested the link is:

http://bernardembden.com/am/iphonemt/index.htm

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 12-07-2017 at 04:35 PM.
Old 12-06-2017, 03:09 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Not so easy to shift in the vertical LOL

I was wondering why you didn't just use the cup holder like I do, then I saw the pre 09' console.

Personally I'd have gone with a suction cup stuck to the windshield upper left corner.

Old 12-06-2017, 04:15 PM
rocketboots999 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by embdenb
... I know this is not new, but for those thinking of doing this I had some unexpected problems.
[/FONT]
I have been using the same model as this for a couple of years on other cars. When I first got them I thought the same about it pulling through. I found that once the ball was properly seated by pushing it into the socket on the back of the phone holder, then the knurled nut prevents the holder socket from spreading and allowing the ball to pop back out. It works fine for me with no modifications needed. Perhaps they have changed the design recently?

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 12-07-2017 at 04:36 PM. Reason: Hopefully a better explanation
Old 12-07-2017, 10:00 AM
embdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by rocketboots999
I have been using the same model as this for a couple of years on other cars. When I first got them I thought the same about it pulling through. I found that once the ball was properly seated by pushing it into the socket on the back of the phone holder, then the knurled nut prevents the holder socket from spreading and allowing the ball to pop back out. It works fine for me with no modifications needed. Perhaps they have changed the design recently?
Not sure if the design changed, however ther was no “socket” on mine to push the ball into. My guess is that these are produced in China and quality control is nonexistent.

Old 12-07-2017, 10:14 AM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
I use a magnetic mount... super easy and the phone just snaps into place

Old 12-07-2017, 11:10 AM
Senatorblutarsky will become famous soon enoughSenatorblutarsky will become famous soon enough
I have an '07. I use this: https://www.amazon.com/AUKEY-Magnetic-Android-Windows-Smartphones/dp/B01N1N12G8/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1512670143&sr=8-6&keywords=aukey+magnetic+cell+phone+holder

Works better in my Audi, but it is ok.

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 12-07-2017 at 04:36 PM.
Old 12-07-2017, 03:00 PM
cret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond reputecret has a reputation beyond repute
I use Ram Mount X-Grip

Old 12-07-2017, 03:07 PM
Originally Posted by MRCW
I use a magnetic mount... super easy and the phone just snaps into place
I have magnetic mounts on my other cars, however had to remove them when I got the iPhone 8 . The metal on the back of the case that sticks to the magnet will not allow wireless charging.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.