Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Front license plate mount and parking sensors

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-30-2017, 06:17 PM
spinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to behold
I agree with programmatore, the OEM V12V mounting bracket is as inoffensive as any fixed mounting solution. I did not like the mower axle solution on my V8V; as programmatore notes it creates a visual imbalance/asymmetry which bothered my eye.

Back to the thread hijack: Corrado = best VW ever made bar none. So solidly built! The G60's were better balanced with less weight out front, for sure. I stuck a turbo on my VR6 and it was a real little rocket. Fun memories...

I will point out that the below pic stays on subject for the thread, as it shows my front plate mount!

Old 12-31-2017, 06:01 PM
era2076 is on a distinguished road
that brings back memories - beautiful though that license plate would have to go. I was never wild about the coach work and was going to purchase a Gen 2 Scirocco, but it did nothing for me as my Gen 1 was very capable.

When I went to look at the Corrado I still thought it was rather ugly, but by the time I had driven from the lot to the first stop sign I was ready to sign and I learned to appreciate the styling because of the performance, arguably just opposite of the Vantage. They never sold well, but I always attributed that to the cost of admission.

Concept - no license plate for thread continuity

-4 - just pay the ticket and be happy
- gorgeous car

The mess in the video - 5

If GOVCO love meant anything to me I would have the numbers painted on the cover below the grill, attach the stickers, pay the ticket, and sigh.

chr

Old 01-04-2018, 11:49 AM
RhinoVantageV12 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks for all the advice.
I'm going with ordering a tow mount kit, but probably just keep in trunk with the front plate and if I get stopped, I'll try the "I just bought the mount but haven't installed it yet" line.
She's too pretty to mess up with a plate

Click image for larger version

Name:	V12Vantagepic1.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	678.6 KB
ID:	518729Click image for larger version

Name:	V12Vantagepic2.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	4.45 MB
ID:	518730

Old 01-04-2018, 12:03 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
That's the most sensible post of the thread, other than the rest of us that just don't care if we get a ticket LOL

Old 01-04-2018, 12:58 PM
supraholic will become famous soon enoughsupraholic will become famous soon enough
I went back and forth 100 times on what to do. Tried the OEM plate mount kit; hated it...ultimately decided on this solution, plus I got a chance to 'Bond-ify' my car and really mess with any cop who pulls me over due to missing plate. From inside the car, i just hit the button and voila:

Full writeup on this thread: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...y-vantage.html

Happy New Year!
-Dan

Old 01-04-2018, 01:11 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
We should have brought that up before but it's a fairly invasive install and while most cops would probably chuckle and say have a good day, the rest are going to write you anyway, and I'd bet they even have an extra change available in some states for trying to fool the police, unapproved device, they've always got options to screw you.

What I've found so far is they pull you over mostly, because they want a look at your car

Old 01-04-2018, 04:17 PM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
Thats probably still a ticket…

Originally Posted by Dustan

Not my car but I thought this was very clever. It blocks the oil cooler slightly but I doubt it would effect performance.

Now on to the tread hijack, I had 2 16v sciroccos, and 2 Corrados 1 vr6 and the other was the g60. Great cars sold the last corrado for a 2001 bmw mcoupe but wouldn’t trade the vantage for any of them.

Old 01-04-2018, 04:21 PM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by RhinoVantageV12
Thanks for all the advice.
I'm going with ordering a tow mount kit, but probably just keep in trunk with the front plate and if I get stopped, I'll try the "I just bought the mount but haven't installed it yet" line.
She's too pretty to mess up with a plate

Attachment 518729Attachment 518730
what I recommend
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-2015-C...53.m2749.l2649

I have it on my ferrari

Old 01-04-2018, 04:22 PM
Originally Posted by rvhpno80
Thats probably still a ticket…
That's an obstructed license ticket here. A nice officer gave me one of those last year in my Z because it had dealer surround on which covers the State line of the tag. Way better than the 71 in a 35!