Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Front license plate mount and parking sensors

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-28-2017, 01:47 PM
RhinoVantageV12 is an unknown quantity at this point
Front license plate mount and parking sensors

I have a 2012 V12 Vantage in a front plate required state. When you put an aftermarket tow hook mounted version one (for example the mower deck model discussed in this thread), does it interfere with the front parking sensor?

Old 12-28-2017, 04:08 PM
spinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to behold
Couldn't confirm for the V12 but I had one on my V8V and it did not interfere.

Old 12-28-2017, 04:46 PM
Mathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of light
I tried one on my 2015 V8V (same fascia as the V12) and it interfered no matter how I had it adjusted.

Note that, in this video, the plate is basically as far over as it can go.

Last edited by Mathman85; 12-28-2017 at 04:52 PM.
Old 12-28-2017, 09:06 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Plates? Pffft. Any ticket is worth far less than ruining the look of the front of your car!

Old 12-28-2017, 09:10 PM
Mathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of light
^This.

Old 12-29-2017, 06:52 AM
RhinoVantageV12 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by spinecho
Couldn't confirm for the V12 but I had one on my V8V and it did not interfere.
That's good to hear.
Just to confirm, what manufacturer did your bracket come from?

Old 12-29-2017, 08:13 AM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
I've gotten two tickets for no plate in two years. It's just not going to happen.

Old 12-29-2017, 11:59 AM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
I've gotten no tickets in 1.5 years. I could have gotten 5 and it wouldn't matter. Plate is in the boot if they ask.

Old 12-29-2017, 12:36 PM
spinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by RhinoVantageV12
That's good to hear.
Just to confirm, what manufacturer did your bracket come from?
Mower Deck Axle Co.

Old 12-29-2017, 12:38 PM
Originally Posted by deckman
I've gotten two tickets for no plate in two years. It's just not going to happen.
I hear you. For me, it is not worth the hassle, either. You stick out like a sore thumb in any exotic car as far as the law is concerned; anything to mitigate that is a good thing as far as I am concerned.

Old 12-29-2017, 07:31 PM
era2076 is on a distinguished road
2 in the last 28 years - a Corrado and a Wrangler. Still running the TJ. Pure extortion. I pay and sigh.

I only run a front plate I run on my F250.

chr

Old 12-29-2017, 07:33 PM
Thread hijack:

era - tell us about your Corrado! I had mine for 13 years and still miss it.

Old 12-29-2017, 07:59 PM
programmatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond reputeprogrammatore has a reputation beyond repute
Why not use the factory license plate mount? No drilling of the bumper necessary and it adds (a little bit of) front impact protection. Plus, it is centered on the car and doesn't make your car look unbalanced like the tow hook mounts. It doesn't interfere with the parking sensors either.

I can sell you mine. It was the first thing I took off when I bought my Vantage so it is practically brand new.

Old 12-29-2017, 10:25 PM
era2076 is on a distinguished road
It was a great car. Mine was a yellow 4 cyl with the blower. I purchased a pulley and tune out of Germany and had a P guy install it. It made 190 on his machine and he just could not believe it. I upgraded the brakes, springs, dampers, and put some OZ wheels on it.

I moved to it from a gen 1 Scirroco which was quite a skate in its on right, but the Corrado was a quantum leap forward in performance. It would push Mustangs right off the road on clover leafs (circa 92) - they would just let me by. I remember a 944 turbo taking a run at us once. He passed us at speed and I never down shifted from 5th. We (my business partner of all these years) caught him around 110 and blew by him like we was standing still. He caught back up at the stop light at the top of the hill and I will never forget the look of stunned disbelief - what a day that was. Once it went 100 thru the 84 - 205 tunnel in Portland.

Business startup dictated sale and I eventually ended up in rear drive V8's. It got top dollar when I sold it, they were beautifully built machines. I remember reading in the rags about them being baby P cars. It would corner so hard I would get nauseous. I should have been jailed.

After it, no other VW ever did it for me.

And the spoiler - oh my - just too cool

chr

Old 12-30-2017, 11:40 AM
Dustan is on a distinguished road

Not my car but I thought this was very clever. It blocks the oil cooler slightly but I doubt it would effect performance.

Now on to the tread hijack, I had 2 16v sciroccos, and 2 Corrados 1 vr6 and the other was the g60. Great cars sold the last corrado for a 2001 bmw mcoupe but wouldn’t trade the vantage for any of them.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Front license plate mount and parking sensors