Prefer V-8 Vantage or DB9 Vanquish - Page 2 - 6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

Go Back  6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource > British > Aston Martin
Reload this Page >

Prefer V-8 Vantage or DB9 Vanquish

Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models
Sponsored by:

Prefer V-8 Vantage or DB9 Vanquish

Old 01-08-2018, 08:43 AM
J doubleU will become famous soon enoughJ doubleU will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by brightoncorgi View Post
Sometimes dealers have unusual colors in stock because they are low in inventory and the odd ball colors are what AM has in stock to back fill the dealer's lot.
Really? I thought that was only @ Toyota.

Old 01-08-2018, 08:48 AM
brightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud ofbrightoncorgi has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by J doubleU View Post
Really? I thought that was only @ Toyota.

My local dealer had a Vanquish Volante in total Miami colors that sat in the showroom for years. I asked them why did they stock such a color car considering buyers are conservative in our area. Their answer was this was the only Vanquish they could get to back fill one they sold from AM. Same with a stripped down yellow Evora they had in stock for long time.

I wonder if that is the similar case with the new pearl yellow V12 Vantage at Miller Motorcars? Truly amazing looking car, but for a one in a million customer (which would be me if I win the lottery).

Old 01-08-2018, 01:07 PM
Zettinger is just really niceZettinger is just really niceZettinger is just really niceZettinger is just really nice
The Vantage is the absolute design perfection for me.
Not just AM but overall.

Old 01-08-2018, 01:37 PM
007JB is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Zettinger View Post
Not just AM but overall.
+1 Yes, best overall design for me too.

Old 01-08-2018, 08:24 PM
PK_Vantage is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Zettinger View Post
Not just AM but overall.

For me, the Vantage design may not be perfect (weakest link IMHO is the tail lamps) but the proportions are absolutely sublime.

Old 01-08-2018, 10:23 PM
Batman-76 has a spectacular aura aboutBatman-76 has a spectacular aura aboutBatman-76 has a spectacular aura about
When I first set out to purchase my Dream Car, I was looking for a DB9. After test driving it, I was left a little underwhelmed.

It is a great GT car, big, luxurious, and stately.... but ultimately, not as sporty as I had imagined.

The dealer than directed me to the Vantage, and hope in the Aston Dream was restored, but still a wee bit wanting.

Upon release of the "S" version of the V8 Vantage, i was hooked!!

The Vantage is the prefect blend between the elegance and beauty you want in an Exotic, with the sporty response of a sports car.

The stiffened suspension, reduced steering ratios, bigger brakes, and V12 Vantage Styling that became "standard" on all 2013.5 models were perfect!

I'd say the easiest way to determine which car suits you is to relate them to a more common platform people can identify with.

For example, if you were in the market for a BMW/Merc, would you be looking for a 7/S class GT, or more aggressive M4/C Class coupe

Last bit of input, if you go with the Sport suspension, be sure you're comfortable in it. My wife refuses to ride in the V8 Vantage S because the suspension is too stiff and bumpy for her

Old 01-09-2018, 02:13 PM
HabitualOffender is a glorious beacon of lightHabitualOffender is a glorious beacon of lightHabitualOffender is a glorious beacon of lightHabitualOffender is a glorious beacon of lightHabitualOffender is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Batman-76 View Post

Last bit of input, if you go with the Sport suspension, be sure you're comfortable in it. My wife refuses to ride in the V8 Vantage S because the suspension is too stiff and bumpy for her
But that's why you have a mistress.

Old 01-09-2018, 05:23 PM
Gene G is a splendid one to beholdGene G is a splendid one to beholdGene G is a splendid one to beholdGene G is a splendid one to beholdGene G is a splendid one to beholdGene G is a splendid one to beholdGene G is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by HabitualOffender View Post
Some colors are an upcharge, and some a higher upcharge, but a dealer isn't basing his purchase on how much the color costs, he's basing it on how easy he thinks he can move it. Look at Kerbeck, have you ever seen any new inventory that wasn't Stratus, Lightning, Skyfall, or one of the 17 different blacks or 50 shades? They only buy what is safe, and will never order a 3 pedal car for inventory, they are 100% paddles.

This why I bought the Aston that I did. Green with a manual. Love it so much more than the black sportshift I had. I found the same thing color wise when I was looking for a Ghost all black silver gray or white. I bought a silver blue .

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	0067E585-51F5-4C7E-8662-D158C709D047.jpeg
Views:	8
Size:	1.16 MB
ID:	519052   Click image for larger version

Name:	6E32FA3D-572A-4E5A-BFB5-DB3442C43B72.jpeg
Views:	10
Size:	1.54 MB
ID:	519053  

Last edited by Gene G; 01-09-2018 at 05:27 PM.