Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Prefer V-8 Vantage or DB9 Vanquish

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2018, 08:43 AM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by brightoncorgi
Sometimes dealers have unusual colors in stock because they are low in inventory and the odd ball colors are what AM has in stock to back fill the dealer's lot.
Really? I thought that was only @ Toyota.

Old 01-08-2018, 08:48 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by J doubleU
Really? I thought that was only @ Toyota.

My local dealer had a Vanquish Volante in total Miami colors that sat in the showroom for years. I asked them why did they stock such a color car considering buyers are conservative in our area. Their answer was this was the only Vanquish they could get to back fill one they sold from AM. Same with a stripped down yellow Evora they had in stock for long time.

I wonder if that is the similar case with the new pearl yellow V12 Vantage at Miller Motorcars? Truly amazing looking car, but for a one in a million customer (which would be me if I win the lottery).

Old 01-08-2018, 01:07 PM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
The Vantage is the absolute design perfection for me.
Not just AM but overall.

Old 01-08-2018, 01:37 PM
007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Zettinger
Not just AM but overall.
+1 Yes, best overall design for me too.

Old 01-08-2018, 08:24 PM
PK_Vantage is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Zettinger
Not just AM but overall.

For me, the Vantage design may not be perfect (weakest link IMHO is the tail lamps) but the proportions are absolutely sublime.

Old 01-08-2018, 10:23 PM
Batman-76 has a spectacular aura aboutBatman-76 has a spectacular aura aboutBatman-76 has a spectacular aura about
When I first set out to purchase my Dream Car, I was looking for a DB9. After test driving it, I was left a little underwhelmed.

It is a great GT car, big, luxurious, and stately.... but ultimately, not as sporty as I had imagined.

The dealer than directed me to the Vantage, and hope in the Aston Dream was restored, but still a wee bit wanting.

Upon release of the "S" version of the V8 Vantage, i was hooked!!

The Vantage is the prefect blend between the elegance and beauty you want in an Exotic, with the sporty response of a sports car.

The stiffened suspension, reduced steering ratios, bigger brakes, and V12 Vantage Styling that became "standard" on all 2013.5 models were perfect!

I'd say the easiest way to determine which car suits you is to relate them to a more common platform people can identify with.

For example, if you were in the market for a BMW/Merc, would you be looking for a 7/S class GT, or more aggressive M4/C Class coupe

Last bit of input, if you go with the Sport suspension, be sure you're comfortable in it. My wife refuses to ride in the V8 Vantage S because the suspension is too stiff and bumpy for her

Old 01-09-2018, 02:13 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Batman-76

Last bit of input, if you go with the Sport suspension, be sure you're comfortable in it. My wife refuses to ride in the V8 Vantage S because the suspension is too stiff and bumpy for her
But that's why you have a mistress.

Old 01-09-2018, 05:23 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by HabitualOffender
Some colors are an upcharge, and some a higher upcharge, but a dealer isn't basing his purchase on how much the color costs, he's basing it on how easy he thinks he can move it. Look at Kerbeck, have you ever seen any new inventory that wasn't Stratus, Lightning, Skyfall, or one of the 17 different blacks or 50 shades? They only buy what is safe, and will never order a 3 pedal car for inventory, they are 100% paddles.

This why I bought the Aston that I did. Green with a manual. Love it so much more than the black sportshift I had. I found the same thing color wise when I was looking for a Ghost all black silver gray or white. I bought a silver blue .

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	0067E585-51F5-4C7E-8662-D158C709D047.jpeg
Views:	50
Size:	1.16 MB
ID:	519052   Click image for larger version

Name:	6E32FA3D-572A-4E5A-BFB5-DB3442C43B72.jpeg
Views:	38
Size:	1.54 MB
ID:	519053  

Last edited by Gene G; 01-09-2018 at 05:27 PM.