Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Scottsdale Stunner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-21-2018, 12:50 PM
mto
mto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud of
I was there and B-J had lots of no sales. Arguable if was a good venue for a DB5, last year, it was, this year, no.

All auction houses were not doing well in Scottsdale. Selling for low end reserve. Many big headliners did not sell. The 356 market did not seem strong at all. Unless, as usual, it was only a perfect car or a clapped out project car that usually did well. Those always do well.

Several MB Pagaodas on the market with prices weak, while 190 SL still much stronger. I don't get it.

I still view the DB4 and DB5 values to increase, easy to get parts, easy to repair, great GT cars even in 21st century and will become more desirable, especially as AML become even more successful increasing brand awareness to new audiences.

That said, i also think the guys that decided to pass on selling their cars today are going to regret that decision next year. Prices are rather soft and while the auction houses will inevitable tout a high end sell through rate next week, that is only bc a large portion of the cars sold were done so with no reserved.

Old 01-21-2018, 01:11 PM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by larryg
The DB5 is clearly a blue chip collector car.
In general their value generally paralled the Ferrari 330 GTC
I always favored the Ferrari: V12, independent rear suspension, 598 built, true two seater, etc.
Can't deny however that the Aston is clearly more "famous"
I do agree that B-J is not the place to see this type of collector car.
I would love to own a 330 GTC. My dad owned one, from 1970-1975. It was white with black seats and red carpets, and A/C. It was a producers car when my dad bought it. The car only had around 12,000 on it. I learned to drive in that car. Lots of great memories. The sad part is, we purchased the car for $10,500, and sold it for the same price!!!!
Ron

Old 01-21-2018, 07:59 PM
mto
mto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Ron Avery
I would love to own a 330 GTC. My dad owned one, from 1970-1975. It was white with black seats and red carpets, and A/C. It was a producers car when my dad bought it. The car only had around 12,000 on it. I learned to drive in that car. Lots of great memories. The sad part is, we purchased the car for $10,500, and sold it for the same price!!!!
Ron
Off topic a bit. A few years ago, I was blessed to have choice between a 330 GTC, a DB4 and a DB5. All were in fine condition. After driving them and others like them, a several times, I chose the Aston bc of parts availability, reliability, a premier Aston shop, and to me, the Aston was more special.

Agree if was selling the DB4 or a DB5, I would have chosen RM, Gooding or Bonhams. Ideally would be a quite sale outside an auction house. That said, Gooding had an exceptionally restored Mk III Drophead, it sold, but ~90K below low estimate.