Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Scottsdale Stunner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2018, 03:54 AM
Vantagelvr will become famous soon enoughVantagelvr will become famous soon enough
Scottsdale Stunner

https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Even...TIN-DB5-212813

Crossing the block later this month in Scottdale , predictions on $$$ anyone .
Shes a stunner .

Old 01-04-2018, 07:47 AM
Old phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the rough
Beautiful car.

Reserve - I have mixed feelings. They don't tell you up front because they don't want to scare people off. But the fact that you're afraid to let people know ahead means you probably think you're asking a bit much.

I know it's completely different but I've learned on ebay that with no reserve you usually get as much or more than you thought you would. Just a bit scary the first few times when there wasn't much action till the very end.

My 2 cents.

Old 01-04-2018, 10:49 AM
larryg is on a distinguished road
Reserve is likely $900,000!!

Old 01-04-2018, 01:29 PM
skywagon is a jewel in the roughskywagon is a jewel in the roughskywagon is a jewel in the rough
With Sotheby's and Gooding at the same time in AZ they picked the wrong auction for that car. Knowing previous Barrett patterns, it is probably estimated $1M plus to qualify for a reserve.

Old 01-04-2018, 01:41 PM
RolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura about
I wonder what these would be worth if it wasn't the iconic Bond car? Do we think the pricing of DB4s are also bolstered by that? (arguably DB4 'may' be slightly more stylish IMO. Has a bit more F-car look of the era?) DB6 is more of the $4-500k listing price now (but arguably less stylish IMO than a DB5) DB7 is a different car.

BTW I am not complaining about the DB5 being the Bond car ICON it is! That is part of the charm of how many of us owners got here. Guilty as charged.

I just don't think the is another car maker so blessed by a well placed marketing idea over the decades.

Last edited by RolexDaytona1; 01-04-2018 at 01:43 PM.
Old 01-04-2018, 04:16 PM
Vantagelvr will become famous soon enoughVantagelvr will become famous soon enough
Undoubtedly the Bond movie coupled with the DB5 made Aston Martin what it is .
The DB5 is a beautiful iconic car even without the Bond association but would it fetch the prices in now demands .....probably not .
Im predicting 1.3mil minimum possibly as high as 1.6mil for this example , the colour combination is perfection for that car and era .

Old 01-06-2018, 03:52 PM
mto
mto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by skywagon
With Sotheby's and Gooding at the same time in AZ they picked the wrong auction for that car. Knowing previous Barrett patterns, it is probably estimated $1M plus to qualify for a reserve.
Last years B-J Scottsdale auction, I thought same thing when they had a pristine black black DB5. Initially thought could get it under book, it sold for nearly 2M, as I recall.

I suspect this one will be go for 1.5M with all their fanfare.

B-J is no longer muscle cars like years ago. They evolved with the generations and what market is looking for. Not Aston related, they rose the tides with pickup and restro mod prices.

Would I bring a classic Aston to B-J? Depend on how they will market it, they do draw the largest crowds and fan base. RM, Gooding and Bonhams are great choices too. Even Wideworld is picking up their game.

Old 01-06-2018, 09:04 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
It'll bring top dollar. I have no idea what that is, but it should fetch it

Old 01-07-2018, 08:06 AM
My estimate of $900,000 likely was low. I don't follow the market as closely as I once did.
I do know that an exceptional Ferrari 330 GTC can be purchased for 650k.
Btw, a DB4 played an important role in the 1962 movie Phaedra with Anthony Perkins and Melina Mercouri.

Old 01-20-2018, 05:33 PM
Btw, this car was only bid to 800k.
This was followed with a high bid of only 450k for a Ferrari Daytona convertible (conversion).
These are low numbers indeed

Old 01-20-2018, 07:06 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Yea, a little disappointing but it had a reserve. Like any auction it takes the right guy at the right time, and when you get 2 the fireworks happen.

Old 01-20-2018, 07:42 PM
I am seriously considering purchasing a 330 GTC.
Owned one for 10 years.
Hoping the prices continue to descend.

Old 01-21-2018, 09:00 AM
Old phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by skywagon
Barret seems to focus more on American muscle cars with the occasional exotic thrown in. Agree, I think it would have done better elsewhere.

Ford GT owners were all celebrating last night.

Old 01-21-2018, 12:17 PM
Argus will become famous soon enough
I would guess that 1.4 to 1.5 mil is what the owner thinks it is worth. But under those numbers is where it may start to stall in bidding. It seems that since the famously owned AM that have showed up makes people thing that there car is in the same price range. Also as we all know it depends on who is in the crowed and how bad they want the car. I know as soon as I say this it will not happen but it will not make the reserve. There is a point where you will never get your money back so buyers are looking long term for a safe return when it is time to sell. Those old AM cost so much to repair that may play into it also. But having said all of that, if had the cash I would look to buy it.

Old 01-21-2018, 12:48 PM
The DB5 is clearly a blue chip collector car.
In general their value generally paralled the Ferrari 330 GTC
I always favored the Ferrari: V12, independent rear suspension, 598 built, true two seater, etc.
Can't deny however that the Aston is clearly more "famous"
I do agree that B-J is not the place to sell this type of collector car.

Last edited by larryg; 01-21-2018 at 01:15 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Scottsdale Stunner