Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

2013 Vantage Analog Clock Sync

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2018, 11:17 AM
davidm17 is on a distinguished road
2013 Vantage Analog Clock Sync

When day light savings hit the analog clock in my car didn't change to match the satellite time shown in the Nav. I've read all the threads I could find on here and PH. One thread said to unplug a gray connector under the carpet on the transmission tunnel (presumably it is supposed to contain the wires for the clock). I found the connector and unplugged it. It reset the Audio system, but didn't do anything to the clock. Some other threads say you have to disconnect the battery to get it to reset. I'd prefer not to do that as the ECU will lose the stored correction factors. I've thought about taking the center stack out and seeing if I can unplug the clock itself to see what that will do. Anybody had any luck getting the clock to resync?

In 2 months it'll be the right time again, but it'd be nice if the clock stayed in sync with the satellite time. Why they didn't just keep the little holes to set the time I have no idea.

Thanks.

David

Old 01-15-2018, 01:34 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
Check the NAV setting for the clock, make sure the box is checked for "auto". 2013 MY saves the corrections, you can disconnect the battery.

Old 01-16-2018, 12:20 PM
davidm17 is on a distinguished road
Auto is checked for time in the Nav. I tried unchecking it and manually setting the time to see if the clock would changed to the manually set time, but it didn't.

Old 01-16-2018, 09:00 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
Battery is your only option, you will not loose any settings.