Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Weird Situation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2018, 11:52 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
Weird Situation

I'm having the grill grating on my Black V12S - bronze coated - to get a contrast (too much black and you cant even notice the nice grill shape). When I removed the grill, I had to remove the large panel over the radiator (total removal time was about 15 minutes). I noticed that BOTH screws holding the hood latch mechanism were very loose, about 1/4+ turn. Since the cover prevents the screws from coming out, I did not know if that was 'normal' and intentional. Anyway, I tightened the screws, then closed the hood (bonnet) and it would no longer open! By having two people (my son on the hood and me on the inside) we coaxed it open. I'll be going to the AM dealer in a few months for the annual inspection where hood latch adjustment is supposed to be part of the items, but, anyone here know the story - should we leave these screws loose?

Old 01-16-2018, 12:41 PM
embdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to behold
You can’t leave the screws alone if you can’t open the hood. My advice it to tighten the screws and adjust the hood so that it closes properly. You should be able to move the hood locking mechanism up or down to get the hood to close properly.