Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

SRS Warning - Seat Belt Tensioner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2018, 07:42 PM
sierraV12V is just really nicesierraV12V is just really nicesierraV12V is just really nicesierraV12V is just really nice
SRS Warning - Seat Belt Tensioner

So I've had the SRS needs servicing light on for a while now and I finally got around to investigating it thanks to another thread on here. Car is a 2011 V12V. Reading the code it's telling me the 3rd row seat belt tensioner has a permanent fault (using the XC90 to read the code). I've tried clearing the code and wiggling all of the connectors under the seat without any luck.

I guess the next step would be to take a panel out and look at the seat belt tensioner but I'm a little concerned that a "permanent fault" might not be an easy fix. Is it worth doing? Has anyone had a similar fault and been able to fix it themselves?

Thanks in advance!

Old 01-30-2018, 12:07 AM
drivergmx is a jewel in the roughdrivergmx is a jewel in the roughdrivergmx is a jewel in the rough
You need to remove the module and send it out for repair. I sent mine to myairbags.com and they repaired/tested it and sent it back to me pronto. I think it cost me about $80.00 total.

Old 01-30-2018, 10:57 PM
sierraV12V is just really nicesierraV12V is just really nicesierraV12V is just really nicesierraV12V is just really nice
Originally Posted by drivergmx
You need to remove the module and send it out for repair. I sent mine to myairbags.com and they repaired/tested it and sent it back to me pronto. I think it cost me about $80.00 total.
Thanks for the link!

Old 02-01-2018, 03:52 PM
tko211 is a jewel in the roughtko211 is a jewel in the roughtko211 is a jewel in the rough
For drivergmx:

My 06 V8V is also showing an SRS Airbag fault sensor on the dash and info panel.
Took it to Aston in Vegas and they said the module needed replaced as well. $800 and back ordered part for 3 months. I didn't pull the trigger.

So you are saying we can remove the module ourselves and mail it into myairbags.com for a cheap repair! that would be great! Do you have any pictures of what the module looks like and where to access it?

Any help would be super appreciated!

-Tko211

Old 03-10-2018, 04:37 PM
Just a quick update, I removed the airbag module and both seat belts and sent everything to myairbags to be tested/fixed. They were easy to deal with but unfortunately this didn't fix my issue, I'm still getting the same fault. Not sure what else I could do at this point...looks like I'm going to be heading to the dealer.

Old 03-10-2018, 04:50 PM
drivergmx is a jewel in the roughdrivergmx is a jewel in the roughdrivergmx is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by tko211
For drivergmx:

My 06 V8V is also showing an SRS Airbag fault sensor on the dash and info panel.
Took it to Aston in Vegas and they said the module needed replaced as well. $800 and back ordered part for 3 months. I didn't pull the trigger.

So you are saying we can remove the module ourselves and mail it into myairbags.com for a cheap repair! that would be great! Do you have any pictures of what the module looks like and where to access it?

Any help would be super appreciated!

-Tko211
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post4510267

Old 03-23-2018, 10:09 AM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sierraV12V
So I've had the SRS needs servicing light on for a while now and I finally got around to investigating it thanks to another thread on here. Car is a 2011 V12V. Reading the code it's telling me the 3rd row seat belt tensioner has a permanent fault (using the XC90 to read the code). I've tried clearing the code and wiggling all of the connectors under the seat without any luck.

I guess the next step would be to take a panel out and look at the seat belt tensioner but I'm a little concerned that a "permanent fault" might not be an easy fix. Is it worth doing? Has anyone had a similar fault and been able to fix it themselves?

Thanks in advance!
Good Thread... I have a 2009 VBV with the SRS light on.
Code was belt tensioner 3rd row... Can this be cleared with MD802

Last edited by MRCW; 03-23-2018 at 10:34 AM.
Old 03-23-2018, 10:40 AM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by drivergmx
For "Seat Belt tensioner 3rd row left resistance too low, Code 95," What module do you need to replace?

Old 03-25-2018, 04:30 PM
Originally Posted by MRCW
For "Seat Belt tensioner 3rd row left resistance too low, Code 95," What module do you need to replace?
Not sure, I haven't been able to fix the issue. I sent the airbag module and both seat belts to be serviced/checked but I'm still having the same code. I don't really care that much about having a code but the warning is displayed in place of the digital speedometer which is pretty annoying to me. Best of luck trouble shooting and if you figure something out be sure to post the solution.

Old 03-25-2018, 05:19 PM
So good news for now...i was able to use my Autel MD802 and cleared the code...i started and drove twice and now the light is off...

BTW while my light was on you can at least clear the message to get the speedo back by pressing the 'read' button.

we shall see if this will last but for now I'm not going to start replacing parts... it's going in for service at dealer next month so I'll have them check it.