Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

2009 V8V and CTEK Mus 4.3 settings quesiton

Old 02-09-2018, 04:14 PM
Denver V8V is an unknown quantity at this point
2009 V8V and CTEK Mus 4.3 settings quesiton

I just connected the battery tender for the first time and was wondering if any of you have a recommendation as to what setting of the Ctek should be. For now I've set on standard 12 V but have 3 other options including cold weather.
I read the various threads but didn't come across the answer I'm looking for.

The battery seems to be in good condition, though after sitting a few days my passenger door won't open as the window won't slide down (I have a roadster). It's been cold. This happened before and after a good drive the battery charged and the window slid down to allow for the door to open.

Old 02-09-2018, 04:40 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
Any electrical problems, start with a fresh battery. Or at least have it tested. 2 days and you loose the window memory..... I'd say your battery needs replaced. Maintainers don't fix batteries.

Old 02-09-2018, 07:27 PM
rocketboots999 is on a distinguished road
I have had my car on the snowflake setting all winter. All good so far.

Old 02-10-2018, 09:02 AM
Thank you for the tips.

Old 02-10-2018, 08:08 PM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Denver V8V
Thank you for the tips.
The settings are

1st Motorcycle battery; 2nd Regular type car batter; 3rd (Snowflake) Gel or Lithium type Battery

Up top----- second orange light means charging the battery; third light when green means battery is topped off, but will send pulses through the system every so often to measure and top off the battery to keep it maintained.

From what I read online last week---Cytek 3300 model

I had for last summer it on SnowFlake-----I dont think it matters a ton, but the algorithms for regular type and gel or lithium should be slightly diff. So run it on the second button push. Reg battery mode.

Old 02-11-2018, 08:19 AM
rocketboots999 is on a distinguished road
Hope this helps.

Here's the mfg page for the various model manuals. https://smartercharger.com/manuals/

I have the MULTI US 3300 and the manual states to use Snowflake mode when temps are below 41°F. That is what I am using for Philly winter storage. I imagine that Denver gets a lot colder.

The product promo page states:

The MULTI US 3300 is specifically developed for different needs, vehicles and batteries. There is a choice between three different modes. The low current mode (the motorcycle icon) is perfect for smaller 12V batteries such as motorbikes, lawn mowers, jet skies, snowmobiles, etc. The higher current mode (the car icon) is for automotive or marine applications with larger batteries. Finally, an additional winter mode (the snowflake) is specifically aimed at charging and maintenance in cold weather. It is also perfectly suited for Optima Red Top batteries.

Old 02-16-2018, 09:50 AM
Originally Posted by rocketboots999
Hope this helps.

Here's the mfg page for the various model manuals. https://smartercharger.com/manuals/

I have the MULTI US 3300 and the manual states to use Snowflake mode when temps are below 41°F. That is what I am using for Philly winter storage. I imagine that Denver gets a lot colder.

The product promo page states:

The MULTI US 3300 is specifically developed for different needs, vehicles and batteries. There is a choice between three different modes. The low current mode (the motorcycle icon) is perfect for smaller 12V batteries such as motorbikes, lawn mowers, jet skies, snowmobiles, etc. The higher current mode (the car icon) is for automotive or marine applications with larger batteries. Finally, an additional winter mode (the snowflake) is specifically aimed at charging and maintenance in cold weather. It is also perfectly suited for Optima Red Top batteries.
I set it on the 2nd mode for auto batteries as while it does get cold in Denver, having lived in NYC, it's not as cold as Philly. If we happen to get an arctic front I will switch to snowflake. Thanks for the post

Old 02-25-2018, 10:38 AM
I went to update my navigation today and found that the top won't open. When I checked the CTEK it showed the battery fully charged. I disconnected the CTEK and started the car, which did so right away with no issues. It ran for about 10-15 minutes as I tried to get the top down to access the navigation. Eventually I stopped as I thought perhaps it's too cold and the hydraulics won't operate.
After turning off the engine and inserting the CTEK into the charge port I noticed it didn't show the battery fully charge, it went to the second yellow light.
My assumption is I have a dying battery, any thoughts on that from anyone?

Old 02-25-2018, 12:48 PM
07sportspack will become famous soon enough
So many times electrical issues pop up only to find out the battery is the real problem. If your having little issues now it a warning sign! The battery maintainer will not cure a battery going bad on any setting. Astons hate weak batteries. It really sounds like it's time for a new battery or at the least have yours fully tested. A good battery is like good tires....cheap insurance!

Old 02-25-2018, 02:50 PM
Jagman70 is on a distinguished road
I use the Cytek 3300 for winter storage in cold. upstate New York. I leave it on the auto setting and it works fine. My 09 Vantage roadster has an Interstate battery that was in the car when I bought it two years ago. The battery was installed in 2014. Although it works fine, I will change it this spring as a precaution against those electrical gremlins that invade Vantages with weak batteries.

Old 02-25-2018, 05:31 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
Loss of window memory will cause the roof to not operate. Below 32 deg. Top will not work, fail safe to prevent damage to canvas top if frozen. As stated before battery conditioners or charging does not fix bad batteries.

Old 02-26-2018, 09:12 AM
lilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud of
Sounds like you need a new battery, the AMs will start to act "wonky" when the battery is on it's way out

Old 02-26-2018, 08:49 PM
Batman-76 has a spectacular aura aboutBatman-76 has a spectacular aura aboutBatman-76 has a spectacular aura about
If I disconnect my CTek, then reconnect it a few seconds later, it will not immediately go back to fully charged indicator.

It runs through the full cycle to test the battery and run thought it's stages as indicated in the manual.

Within 5 minutes, it always returns to "full"

When you reconnected, how much time passed on the phases other than full?

Old 03-03-2018, 02:34 PM
Originally Posted by Batman-76
If I disconnect my CTek, then reconnect it a few seconds later, it will not immediately go back to fully charged indicator.

It runs through the full cycle to test the battery and run thought it's stages as indicated in the manual.

Within 5 minutes, it always returns to "full"

When you reconnected, how much time passed on the phases other than full?
I didn't time it and forgot to do so today. It's a gorgeous 70 deg day here in Denver and I took it for a drive. Passenger window won't go down and top won't either (I know that if the window doesn't operate the top won't either). I will start with a battery as I think it may be the original one and perhaps not fully charging even after driving it.

Old 03-04-2018, 12:31 PM
So today I went and checked how long it took for the CTEK to cycle to the fully charged position and after 10 minutes it was only at the 5th light. This after I started and ran the car for about 10 minutes. So I'm quite sure my battery is toast. Based on all the records I received with the car to my knowledge it's the original one. That's a heck of a life for a car battery.

Next question, replacement battery, standard or AGM? Anyone who can share their experience?

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2009 V8V and CTEK Mus 4.3 settings quesiton