Auto detailing shop

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2018, 02:18 PM
Svx
Svx will become famous soon enough
Auto detailing shop

Hey guys,

I own a 2007 black Aston Martin Vantage, looking for good detailer here in Northern California. Any suggestions or should just do it myself? I heard that Aston Martin paint is water based and soft and difficult to work with. Is this true? Thanks!

Old 02-24-2018, 08:40 PM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Svx
Hey guys,

I own a 2007 black Aston Martin Vantage, looking for good detailer here in Northern California. Any suggestions or should just do it myself? I heard that Aston Martin paint is water based and soft and difficult to work with. Is this true? Thanks!
I can walk you through and help you get what you need to do the paint correction properly if you like. Pm me. I am actually taking a break just now from working mine. I am doing a V12 S for AM DC next weekend.

paint is finiky for sure. Mine is Jet Black and even my really good MF towels will micro marr the paint on final wipes. I have to be super careful. If yours is the Black Onyx metallic paint, then it is much easier.

But, can set you up easily if you like. You will spend Half of a $2500 paint correction and protection application my way and learn alot. Then have all the proper items to continue to take care of it. If you have someone do it for you, then you will still need or should spend several hundred getting the proper items to take care of it.

Kevin Brown is the best in Cali hands down. Most likely best in the world. Contact him and get a suggestion if you want someone else to do it.

Search Special Vehicle Care 101 on here and you will see my first long thread covering processes for just basic maintenance. Still working protection, correcting, then special items.

Old 02-24-2018, 08:45 PM
Collinsjd is on a distinguished road
Appearance Solutions in Sacramento is phenomenal. Ask for Mike Justis.

Old 02-24-2018, 09:03 PM
EZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud of
+1 for Appearance Solutions in Sac. Best around this area by far!

Old 02-24-2018, 09:43 PM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Sounds like your getting some good direction from members. I took a look at their website and definitely it appears they know what they area doing and you would get a professional job done. The language they use on their site in order to show the customer what the process is impressive and shows they care. ALot of people care, but whether they can do the work properly is a different ballgame. You likely wont go wrong there. Just IMHO and my professional opinion.

Pics of my work. Got the roof absolutely perfect!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-25-2018, 11:29 AM
Svx
Thanks guys! I will be reaching out to appearance solutions this week!

Old 03-04-2018, 09:38 PM
Originally Posted by Svx
Thanks guys! I will be reaching out to appearance solutions this week!
Please give some details after you contact them. Be nice for members out there. I just got done with mine. About 25hr correction on the V12VS. Car has only 87 miles, but needed it badly. Buffer trails from AM, marring, pig tails (from wet sanding), and normal DISO (Dealer Installed Scratch Option). Came out about 99%.

Old 03-11-2018, 09:04 PM
Svx
Dropped my vantage off at appearance-solutions in Sacramento today, I decided to go with the top level detailing package and window tint. I met the owner Mike at his shop, I drove the Aston there so he could see the car. Honestly I wasn’t prepared to leave the Aston at his shop today, and I didn’t have a ride home. Mike was kind enough to pay for an Uber back to my house. So far I’m impressed by his customer service and also at the cleanliness of his shop. The shop had some nice cars in for various stages of detailing and wraps being done. Mike explained that my car should take about 30-45 man hours to complete!

Old 03-17-2018, 10:30 PM
Svx
Hi all, picking my car up tomorrow from the detailer! The owner of the shop sent these pics to me today of the finished product. Can’t wait to see it in person. I got a full detail and ceramic coat applied to the paint. The windows were tinted as a bonus!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	0D07853C-53E9-42A2-B9A5-BEDB80D7F7D9.jpeg
Views:	23
Size:	652.2 KB
ID:	522469   Click image for larger version

Name:	2145375C-5E00-4813-9CFA-E08635AADAA9.jpeg
Views:	31
Size:	897.9 KB
ID:	522470  
Old 03-18-2018, 09:01 PM
Looks great, find out what coating was used, so you can use the appropriate wash soap and detail sprays.

Coating sprays are different than wax based detailers. Just fyi.

Make sure you are washing a drying the vehicle carefully so you dont put swirls back into it.

Any questions please ask. I covered these topics in Special Vehicle Care 101 threads

Old 03-19-2018, 12:43 AM
Svx
Originally Posted by SheriffDep
Looks great, find out what coating was used, so you can use the appropriate wash soap and detail sprays.

Coating sprays are different than wax based detailers. Just fyi.

Make sure you are washing a drying the vehicle carefully so you dont put swirls back into it.

Any questions please ask. I covered these topics in Special Vehicle Care 101 threads
The detailer used opti-coat Pro plus. He said do not wash the car for 10 days.

Old 03-19-2018, 08:12 AM
EZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud of
Looks fantastic!

Old 03-19-2018, 08:26 PM
Originally Posted by Svx

The detailer used opti-coat Pro plus. He said do not wash the car for 10 days.
With Opti-Coat Pro you wont need to do any type of special maintenance other than dont let dirt and grime sit on the paint. Try and wash it regularly if driving it. The grime can cloud the coating. This is true with any coating.

Any normal ph neutral car wash shampoo works fine. Make sure you use a type with no additives and use the proper 2-bucket wash method or the one I outlined in the special threads I published. Also, dont let water dry on the car. Tap water water spotting is or could lead to issues with spots. Just FYI

Old 03-21-2018, 02:18 PM
ShadowRacer is an unknown quantity at this point
WOW! SO SHINY! Did you also have clear bra applied?

Old 03-21-2018, 02:27 PM
Svx
@ShadowRacer... no clear bra. Due to the fact that the car has some minor pitting on the leading edges. My car has about 58k on the clock. So, I just did a good clean/detail and ceramic coating was applied. @SheriffDep .. that is my plan is to do a two bucket wash when needed and apply every 6months Carpro Reload spray.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Auto detailing shop