Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

serious problem on seats v8 '08 coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2018, 12:02 AM
Lucio Terragno is an unknown quantity at this point
serious problem on seats v8 '08 coupe

Good morning.

I am lucio from south italy.I have a serious problem at both my v8 (2008 year coupe) seats.:

the problem is that: both seats make all electric movements only forward.
"Schienale" goes forward but not backwards.
Base goes forward but not backwards.
Height goes up but does not lower.
Both seats is equal problem.
Up to now everything went perfectly well, but this problem has arrived at any moment.
I tried 3 times (3) to disconnect the battery, but nothing nothing is solved.

please help me.
please help me.

thanks.

lucio from lecce (south italy)

Old 02-27-2018, 03:42 AM
CARAIBAM is a glorious beacon of lightCARAIBAM is a glorious beacon of lightCARAIBAM is a glorious beacon of lightCARAIBAM is a glorious beacon of lightCARAIBAM is a glorious beacon of light
After a low or flat battery resetting the windows may be required, the tell-tale sign is when a door is opened the window drops slightly an on closing the door the window does not return to the closed position,
1. Sitting in the car with the ignition switch turned on with all doors closed, press and hold the electric window switch in the down position, once the window is fully down keep the button pressed for a further 5 seconds, you may hear a click as the window position is relearned,
2. now send the window fully up again when the window reaches the top continue to hold the button for a further 5 seconds again a click may be heard,
3. repeat the above procedure for the other window

- If this doesn't work a 'hard' reset can be carried out on the appropriate window module by removing the power. Further info on the reset for the Vantage is here

Occasionally the seats need resetting, which is disconcerting as you need to move all the way up all the way towards the dash, the back all the way towards the dash- everything up and forward. Dont panic thinking you will make it worse / un-drivable (seat too far forward), it does work.

Old 03-02-2018, 09:36 AM
Jagman70 is on a distinguished road
This seat problem happened to me the first time I looked at the car at the dealer 2 years ago. The seats would only go forward. I almost walked out! The solution was quick and simple. They moved both seats fully forward(seat backs too). The battery was disconnected and reconnected after a minute. The seats then worked fine. It has never happened again.