Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Serious Problem with 2011 Porsche Cayenne S Hybrid

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-09-2010, 09:00 PM
Davykurniadi is on a distinguished road
Serious Problem with 2011 Porsche Cayenne S Hybrid

I just bought the vehicle in September 9, 2010 thru Porsche dealer in Indonesia. Love the car at first sight. However, it comes with few problems:

(1). It is the rainy season here in Indonesia, so it was not an ideal shiny weather to start enjoying my new and first Porsche when it was delivered. But the weather thankfully reveal a problem in the brand new headlight, Condensation! I know most Porsche models suffer this genetic defect, but mine apparently worst than usual. Porsche Indonesia quickly replace the headlights, swapping them from other Cayenne in their stock. Problem solved.......but something else was about to begun....

(2). My son who sat on the rear passenger seat complaint about temperature in the rear compartment. Later we smell burning fume in the cabin. All windows close and outside air circulation was shut. So where the heat and burning smell came from??? We stop on the highway and did some check:
A. Hot air is gushing out from the subwoofer grill In the luggage area !!!
B. Hot air is gushing out from a ventilation grills placed on the side-backed windows next to passenger shoulders, both left and right sides !!!
C. Burning smell also flowing along with hot air !!!

We reported this to Porsche dealer and they immediately brought the car back to the service center.

Anybody has similar problem? Any solution?

Last edited by Davykurniadi; 10-10-2010 at 08:37 AM.
Old 10-09-2010, 09:58 PM
Targa Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond repute
That sounds serious. The hybrid batteries are overheating. Keep us posted.

Old 10-10-2010, 12:51 AM
ManMachine is on a distinguished road
You must be a brave soul to try a hybrid from Porsche. I'd say stick to regular models. If you want a hybrid, get a Prius.

Old 10-10-2010, 01:03 AM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
why do you think posting online will get resolution?

are they giving you a loaner while the car is being looked at? if so, just wait. if not, definitely ask them for one!

Old 10-10-2010, 01:32 AM
cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ManMachine
You must be a brave soul to try a hybrid from Porsche. I'd say stick to regular models. If you want a hybrid, get a Prius.
lol sad but true.

Old 10-10-2010, 06:15 AM
JenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by cuemaster
lol sad but true.
if you watch the new commerical about the racing hybrid car, it says something this is the new dna for ALL Porsches. If they all go hybrid, I'm out!

Old 10-10-2010, 06:56 AM
ManMachine,

I settled for a hybrid since it was the only unit available at 1month wait. The dealer told me if I go for Cayenne S the waiting could stretch as far as Jan'11. I trust Porsche engineering, so I thought whatever model I chose would have Porsche quality standard. But now I'm starting to doubt it. Sounds naive, but this my first Porsche.

Old 10-10-2010, 12:28 PM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
Hope the issue gets sorted out.

Old 10-10-2010, 02:37 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
I hope everything works out well for you. Do you have a lemon law in Indonesia ?
Going by your post count, I'm under the impression that you have not spent sometime lurking here on 6speed before your purchase. We would have swayed you away from a hybrid purchase...not that there is anything wrong with it. If you are buying a 100K car/SUV, what's waiting another two to three months to get the car that you want (like in my case). But I cannot blame you for trusting the PORSCHE brand that ranked number one in reliability...but in my opinion the words hybrid and performance are contradictory/oxymoronic. Keep us posted and again good luck.

Old 10-14-2010, 06:32 AM
Latest update from Porsche dealer, they ran a temperature test this week. Running at 3,000RPM, AC was set at AUTO 16 celsius (outside temperature was 35 celsius): Front driver seat at 20 celsius, mid-section 25 celsius and rear passenger seat 30 celsius!!! They reported that the battery temperature were normal - running in accordance to Porsche manual standard (no details). Now they are re-visiting the battery exhaust duct as to why the exhaust hot air from the battery blower gushing out through every holes available in the rear compartment, including subwoofer grill and rear-side windows grills (both left and right sides). Previously they told me that those ventilation/exhaust ducts were in compliance with Porsche standard as well.

It's been a month pass now, looks like they are running in circle......

Any suggestion? No Lemon Law down here

Old 10-14-2010, 06:49 AM
spinny02 is on a distinguished road
Sell it to some one else at a premium !

Old 10-14-2010, 08:13 AM
globalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond repute
I didnt know the hybrid was out....

Im glad you posted so we are all aware of this issue... tnx

Old 10-14-2010, 11:05 AM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Looks like clearly you have a faulty unit and the dealer is going nowhere fixing it. I checked the Porsche Asia website and was able to find this contact for the after sales issues.

For more information or enquiries, please contact us at 6472-4433 or email marketing@porsche.com.sg.
Christer Ekberg
Managing Director
Porsche Asia Pacific Pte Ltd
2 Shenton Way #10-01
SGX Centre 1
Singapore 068804
Republic of Singapore

Phone: (65) 6435 - 0911

Good luck, keep us posted.

Last edited by w00tPORSCHE; 10-14-2010 at 11:10 AM.
Old 10-14-2010, 06:43 PM
wootPorsche,

Thank you so much! I'll give him a call today.

Old 10-14-2010, 07:23 PM
Bruin Pcar is on a distinguished road
Good luck with the issues! Doesn't sound like they are truly taking responsibility and care of the issue.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Serious Problem with 2011 Porsche Cayenne S Hybrid