Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Serious Problem with 2011 Porsche Cayenne S Hybrid

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 11:38 PM
Davykurniadi is on a distinguished road
Horfun,

why didn't you take the PCM?

Old 11-16-2010, 11:52 PM
w00tPORSCHE,

I have a 2009 X5 and I love the running board on that car. Since I'm ordering a Jet Black exterior, I think the brushed-aluminium running board will enhance the look. I had that option for noise/thermal insulated glass on my Merc. I found that it just work the same with the aftermarket 3M film. Plus with the 3M, I can choose the right tint to my like.

Is Porsche Entry&Drive really a good option to take? I heard it is not like a Start/Stop button you find in other German cars. It is only a plastic **** inserted to the key-hole and you still have to turn that **** - not push like the Start/Stop button ??

Old 11-17-2010, 07:29 AM
TooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant futureTooSixy has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Davykurniadi
Is Porsche Entry&Drive really a good option to take? I heard it is not like a Start/Stop button you find in other German cars. It is only a plastic **** inserted to the key-hole and you still have to turn that **** - not push like the Start/Stop button ??
I owned a BMW before so I can tell the Entry & Drive is nothing like the BMW's Comfort Access. There are 4 small buttons on 4 doors and you have to push the button to unlock (as opposed to just grabbing the door handle). You also have to turn the dummy plastic key to start the engine (as opposed to pushing a Start/Stop button).

But again, a BMW is a BMW, a Porsche is a Porsche, and that's why we love Porsches, right?

I chose not to select this option after the test drive this weekend.

Old 11-17-2010, 10:27 AM
copasetic222 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by TooSixy
I owned a BMW before so I can tell the Entry & Drive is nothing like the BMW's Comfort Access. There are 4 small buttons on 4 doors and you have to push the button to unlock (as opposed to just grabbing the door handle). You also have to turn the dummy plastic key to start the engine (as opposed to pushing a Start/Stop button).

But again, a BMW is a BMW, a Porsche is a Porsche, and that's why we love Porsches, right?

I chose not to select this option after the test drive this weekend.
I have the option on my '09 Turbo S and have had it on Audi's and BMW's as well. I would not be without it. There is a little plastic "key" that stays in the ignition and you just turn that to start the vehicle. It's not a better or worse, in my opinion, than a start/stop button, just a little different.
There is a little black button on each exterior door handle that you push to lock the vehicle. You do NOT have to touch that button to open the vehicle if it is locked. You just grab the door handle as you would if the door wasn't locked.
AS I aid earlier, I would not want to be without this option!

Old 11-17-2010, 11:03 AM
slwong23 is on a distinguished road
copasetic222, would you mind clarifying? I have the Entry & Drive ordered on my Dec build and am curious... The locking/unlocking doors sounds straightforward, but on the start/stop of the car. Do you need to insert the key fob into the ignition and then turn to start? Or are you saying there is a switch, as opposed to a button, to start/stop the vehicle?

Thanks.

Originally Posted by copasetic222
I have the option on my '09 Turbo S and have had it on Audi's and BMW's as well. I would not be without it. There is a little plastic "key" that stays in the ignition and you just turn that to start the vehicle. It's not a better or worse, in my opinion, than a start/stop button, just a little different.
There is a little black button on each exterior door handle that you push to lock the vehicle. You do NOT have to touch that button to open the vehicle if it is locked. You just grab the door handle as you would if the door wasn't locked.
AS I aid earlier, I would not want to be without this option!

Old 11-17-2010, 11:24 AM
Originally Posted by slwong23
copasetic222, would you mind clarifying? I have the Entry & Drive ordered on my Dec build and am curious... The locking/unlocking doors sounds straightforward, but on the start/stop of the car. Do you need to insert the key fob into the ignition and then turn to start? Or are you saying there is a switch, as opposed to a button, to start/stop the vehicle?

Thanks.
There is a plastic like key, like a dummy key if you will, that goes in the ignition and basically stays there. Then the real key (whatever you want to call it) stays in your pocket. You just turn the plastic key to start the vehicle (instead of pressing a start button). The only time I ever take the real key out of my pocket would be for a valet or if I'm leaving the vehicle for service.
Here is a picture of the plastic key.

Attached Images  
Old 11-17-2010, 11:44 AM
slwong23 is on a distinguished road
Great, thanks- appreciate the pic too!

Originally Posted by copasetic222
There is a plastic like key, like a dummy key if you will, that goes in the ignition and basically stays there. Then the real key (whatever you want to call it) stays in your pocket. You just turn the plastic key to start the vehicle (instead of pressing a start button). The only time I ever take the real key out of my pocket would be for a valet or if I'm leaving the vehicle for service.
Here is a picture of the plastic key.

Old 11-17-2010, 12:55 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
I am yet to see someone who has this option and not like it or feel that it is not worth it. I thought about this, the steel skid plates and the running board option long and hard and passed on without ordering them.

Old 11-17-2010, 11:42 PM
horfun is on a distinguished road
hi davy

options too exp in sg. also pushing over my budget... and i dont think wife will mind. she's quiet happy as it is already. u orang indo??

Old 11-19-2010, 02:55 AM
Horfun,

Yes, I am. Lhu kerja di singapore and live there?

Old 11-19-2010, 03:02 AM
Copasetic222, thanks for your detail explanation. So, you can actually take out that plastic key? Hmm.....if we loose it than there goes the Porsche Entry&Drive....

Old 11-19-2010, 07:42 AM
Originally Posted by Davykurniadi
Copasetic222, thanks for your detail explanation. So, you can actually take out that plastic key? Hmm.....if we loose it than there goes the Porsche Entry&Drive....
I don't know why you would loose it, because you don't have to take it out. But, if you did, you would just use the regular key until you could replace it. It's just not a big deal and the option is very handy, especially for those of us that have long, cold winters and often are wearing gloves and now don't have to dig in our pockets for the key.

Old 11-19-2010, 05:34 PM
horfun is on a distinguished road
nope.. my wife orang indo... i cant speak much indo haha... she's back in jkt to visit friends.

Old 11-19-2010, 09:03 PM
Copasetic222, got it! Thanks. I'll keep that option

Old 11-19-2010, 09:07 PM
horFun,

Good for you!

Btw, I have a good friend in Singapore who has a great tune workshop, especially for Porsche, Audi and VW. His name is Colin. I can hook you up if you want to "tweak" your rides. He often goes to Jakarta as well. A group of us, usually requested him to "tickle" our rides to go wild.... (he does BMW and Merc as well...)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Serious Problem with 2011 Porsche Cayenne S Hybrid