Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Serious Problem with 2011 Porsche Cayenne S Hybrid

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2011, 06:26 PM
horfun is on a distinguished road
hi davi

sorry i jumped the boat... me n wife waited too long for our v8 as it still hasnt arrived. i took a floor stock carrera gts. collecting it this week... pm if your coming over to sg anytime..

Old 04-25-2011, 06:05 AM
Davykurniadi is on a distinguished road
Hong Kong Porsche Lover,

Learning from my experience, I strongly suggest you get a written statement from Porsche HongKong.

Old 04-25-2011, 06:08 AM
horfun,

I'm in Singapore on Friday-Sun, test-driving the Ghost - I'm thinking on purchasing it.

Old 04-25-2011, 07:15 AM
PETER838 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Porsche Lover
Hi everyone,

I am new in this forum and read all the posts about the serious problem of Cayenne S Hybrid. My new Cayenne S Hybrid was delivered to me last Thursday and there is a warning message in yellow color shown up(Fault Hybrid System)every time after I drive off the vehicle. This warning message also shown up on the day that I recieved the car. At that time I asked the salesman of why it showed up. However, he said there is no problem with this message. Any suggestions, guys?
P.S. So far, my car is stilling running on the road with this warning message.

Regards,
Porsche Lover
Hi Sorry to hear... that was the start of my gremlins, the yellow warnings start turning to red over a period of weeks....suggest you put something in writing to the dealer. The warnings are not normal. The warning over a period will turn to Hybrid System Failure if nothing is done.

Last edited by PETER838; 04-25-2011 at 07:19 AM.
Old 04-25-2011, 07:29 AM
iceman912 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Davykurniadi
Guys,

At Last....the Cayenne S arrive!!!

Here are the pics taken by my son with his nex-5 18-200mm lens.

Polished with Swissvax Shield.

Thank you for all your support and recommendation...!!!

Davy
Congrates!!!! SELAMET!!! Very nic build. Nic to know there are more indos in this forum

Old 04-25-2011, 09:41 AM
mteddylee is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by copasetic222
I don't know why you would loose it, because you don't have to take it out. But, if you did, you would just use the regular key until you could replace it. It's just not a big deal and the option is very handy, especially for those of us that have long, cold winters and often are wearing gloves and now don't have to dig in our pockets for the key.
Yes winter in MN can be very long. now we just need to wait for the city to fix all the potholes!

Old 04-25-2011, 10:02 AM
Porsche Lover is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by PETER838
Hi Sorry to hear... that was the start of my gremlins, the yellow warnings start turning to red over a period of weeks....suggest you put something in writing to the dealer. The warnings are not normal. The warning over a period will turn to Hybrid System Failure if nothing is done.
Hi Peter,

As you said, does it mean that the problem can be solved if I brought my car to the dealer at early stage? Also, did you brought yours to your local Porsche dealer at that time when the yellow warnings were on?

Anyway, thank you for your advice =) I am going to see them tomorrow.

Old 04-25-2011, 11:57 AM
Hong Kong Porsche Lover,

Learning from my experience, I strongly suggest you get a written statement from Porsche HongKong.
Hi Davy,

Thanks for you advice. Anyway, did you experience the same problem (Yellow warning message - Fault Hybrid System) from Cayenne S Hybrid beside the overheating?

Regards,
Porsche Lover

Old 04-27-2011, 07:52 AM
Porsche Lover,

there were no warning sign went off in my case, just the rear passenger cabin converting itself to almost a sauna.

Old 04-29-2011, 06:14 AM
Hi Davi and Peter,

Just recieved some good news from Porsche Hong Kong. They reset the on-board computer program as well as the hybrid system for me and so there are no more warning messages (Fault Hybrid System) come up from the dashboard after they tested the car several times.Also, they have a fully check on the electric motor as well and everything is fine =)

Porsche Lover

Old 05-11-2011, 11:30 PM
whitehotcayenne is on a distinguished road
Hi everyone
I'm new to this forum n wish I'd joined earlier. My husband ordered a cayenne hybrid for me in August 2010 n it was supposed to have arrived in 1st quarter 2011 but then we were told there was a delay due to the burning smell problem n overwhelming demand from China so delivery is due in June - a 10 month wait if it even arrives in June.

After reading about all your problems I am now waiting with trepidation for the car....:-( last thing I need is for error messages popping up n car refusing to start! I had wanted the Lexus RX hybrid but my husband wanted to get me the Porsche instead. I hope we won't regret it.... Wonder if it's too late to swap it for a 911 for him or whether the problem has been resolved in the new cars. Really worrying. That's not what you'd expect when you pay so much for something with such a solid reputation.

Old 05-12-2011, 05:50 AM
Hi whitehotcayenne,

It's a clear sign that everybody should avoid the hybrid at this point in time. I learnt the hard way and end up waiting for another 7 months to get the replacement, which is a Cayenne S.

If you want the Cayenne get the S or the Turbo. 911 is due to change model in 2012, not worth getting it now.

My S is working well and it is a very good vehicle!

Old 05-14-2011, 09:10 PM
horfun,

I'm in Singapore on Friday-Sun, test-driving the Ghost - I'm thinking on purchasing it.
hi bro

sorry i was away for biz trip... didnt see ur msg on here..

Old 05-14-2011, 09:28 PM
Originally Posted by whitehotcayenne
Hi everyone
I'm new to this forum n wish I'd joined earlier. My husband ordered a cayenne hybrid for me in August 2010 n it was supposed to have arrived in 1st quarter 2011 but then we were told there was a delay due to the burning smell problem n overwhelming demand from China so delivery is due in June - a 10 month wait if it even arrives in June.

After reading about all your problems I am now waiting with trepidation for the car....:-( last thing I need is for error messages popping up n car refusing to start! I had wanted the Lexus RX hybrid but my husband wanted to get me the Porsche instead. I hope we won't regret it.... Wonder if it's too late to swap it for a 911 for him or whether the problem has been resolved in the new cars. Really worrying. That's not what you'd expect when you pay so much for something with such a solid reputation.
hi i ordered cayenne s fr my wife last yr october, but waited too long... we ended up getting a ccarrera gts... i would suggest to get ex-stock. so wait time is limited. anyway the gts shld be able to hold its value better as its the 'perfect 997'

Old 05-22-2011, 10:28 AM
PETER838 is on a distinguished road
Ceo porsche

If anyone has the details (address or email) for the CEO of Porsche Germany Matthias Mueller it would be very much appreciated. Porsche GB have left my Cayenne Hybrid problem to the dealer (Pendragon Group). We are waiting for court trial dates which aren't likely to be until the end of 2011.

Pendragon and Porsche Sutton Coldfield are saying in their statement that the complete Hybrid System Failure on 3 occasions is only 'a minor problem.'

Many thanks

Peter

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Serious Problem with 2011 Porsche Cayenne S Hybrid