Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Serious Problem with 2011 Porsche Cayenne S Hybrid

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 12:11 AM
Henry1515 is on a distinguished road
Question

Originally Posted by horfun
Hi DAVY

i ordered the Hybrid S for my wife in singapore in oct and delivery should be in feb/march. do you have any idea from porsche S.E.A when this BUG will be fixed???

or would you recommend me to get the S instead.... cuz i dont wanna be spending the on a spoilt porsche.
Hi Horfun, I am also thinking of changing my BMW X6 to Porsche Cayenne Hybrid, how much did you pay for it? Did they give you any discount? Mine only $1000 and after adding all the option, the price went up to $310,000. Surprised that have to pay for colour of the car too. Heard that PI has higher spec and nearly the same price but worried about adoption fee.

Old 11-21-2010, 12:17 AM
Originally Posted by Davykurniadi
horFun,

Good for you!

Btw, I have a good friend in Singapore who has a great tune workshop, especially for Porsche, Audi and VW. His name is Colin. I can hook you up if you want to "tweak" your rides. He often goes to Jakarta as well. A group of us, usually requested him to "tickle" our rides to go wild.... (he does BMW and Merc as well...)
Hi, can you PM me the contact of Colin, I am driving a BMW X6 and thinking of switching to Porsche Cayenne Hybrid. Not sure to go to a PI or agent because PI has a higher spec and same price as the agent. But afraid there is a adoption fee so maybe can ask Colin for his views as this is my first time owning a porsche.

Old 11-22-2010, 02:51 AM
Davykurniadi is on a distinguished road
Henry1515,

Please reconsider your plan to buy the hybrid. The hybrid "horor" is the reason why I'm posting it so others can avoid it.

By the way, what is PI? Colin is an engineer specializing in high-performance car tuning.

Old 11-22-2010, 04:05 AM
PI is car parallel importer. They help you to importer the car that you want. The saving is huge.

Old 11-23-2010, 12:53 AM
horfun is on a distinguished road
ok sure. will ask u for details once my wife ride is in.... still its a long wait...

Old 11-23-2010, 01:00 AM
horfun is on a distinguished road
hi henry1515

its all a matter of preference, but dont forget that SA is 100,000km warrenty and free service incl pads, rotors... if u track... hehe.. savings will be there..

forget about the hybrid. its no point paying 300k + for something that lets u worry... u shld go for v6, diesel, v8 or tt.

also i dont get what you mean??? 310k is with or without coe??? my previous hybrid spec cost 345k incl coe. how did u get a quote @310k when basic hybrid is already $265,888 and coe is now 50k???

did the sales person spec up the wrong model for u???

Old 11-23-2010, 01:35 AM
henry1515,

I absolutely agree with horfun. If you are buying a S$300K+ vehicle certainly you want to ensure factory/dealer/distributor warranty. Going thru unauthorised importer you're pretty much uncovered.

Old 11-23-2010, 02:26 AM
Thanks both of you. I am fully aware about getting from PI. And there are always some risk involved. I am also not prepared to go in that direction.

I like the hybrid is because it save on petrol especially Singapore road tends to have traffic jam.

Old 12-09-2010, 06:27 AM
PETER838 is on a distinguished road
Cayenne hybrid system failure

Originally Posted by Davykurniadi
I just bought the vehicle in September 9, 2010 thru Porsche dealer in Indonesia. Love the car at first sight. However, it comes with few problems:

(1). It is the rainy season here in Indonesia, so it was not an ideal shiny weather to start enjoying my new and first Porsche when it was delivered. But the weather thankfully reveal a problem in the brand new headlight, Condensation! I know most Porsche models suffer this genetic defect, but mine apparently worst than usual. Porsche Indonesia quickly replace the headlights, swapping them from other Cayenne in their stock. Problem solved.......but something else was about to begun....

(2). My son who sat on the rear passenger seat complaint about temperature in the rear compartment. Later we smell burning fume in the cabin. All windows close and outside air circulation was shut. So where the heat and burning smell came from??? We stop on the highway and did some check:
A. Hot air is gushing out from the subwoofer grill In the luggage area !!!
B. Hot air is gushing out from a ventilation grills placed on the side-backed windows next to passenger shoulders, both left and right sides !!!
C. Burning smell also flowing along with hot air !!!

We reported this to Porsche dealer and they immediately brought the car back to the service center.

Anybody has similar problem? Any solution?
Yes I had the same problems with the ventilation, the dealer said nothing wrong with the car....4 weeks later the car failed to start. The warnings on the Display Hybrid System Failure and Chasis Failure.

Its now happened 3 times, the last time my wife was driving when the Hybrid system including the power steering failed...she was pretty frightened.

I've rejected the car and asked for a replacement....I'm not sure that the dealers are upto speed on the Hybrid Technology

Old 12-09-2010, 10:13 AM
Targa Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Henry1515
I like the hybrid is because it save on petrol especially Singapore road tends to have traffic jam.
Actually just the start/stop function on the new car will save you lots of fuel.

The fuel cost saved for most people is usually not enough to justify the higher price and potential problem of a hybrid, unless you drive a lot, like a taxi driver.

Old 12-09-2010, 01:58 PM
seankrider is on a distinguished road
This whole thread seems reminiscent of the first generation alphas and betas. Someone's got to be the guinea pigs, to identify and work out the kinks. Coolant pipes and coils, by another name.

Sorry it didn't work out. But in the end, after a few generations, I predict even the hybrids will be accepted members of the family.

Still wish they would have aligned with Tesla though...

Old 12-11-2010, 05:56 AM
PETER838 is on a distinguished road
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReY4s6dczlM

I just wish that Porsche would admit that they have problems with the Hybrid, the video is my Cayenne with the problem

Old 04-20-2011, 12:16 AM
Guys,

At Last....the Cayenne S arrive!!!

Here are the pics taken by my son with his nex-5 18-200mm lens.

Polished with Swissvax Shield.

Thank you for all your support and recommendation...!!!

Davy

Attached Images      
Old 04-20-2011, 12:25 AM
Some more pictures complementing the Swissvax results

Attached Images     
Old 04-24-2011, 01:22 PM
Porsche Lover is on a distinguished road
Hi everyone,

I am new in this forum and read all the posts about the serious problem of Cayenne S Hybrid. My new Cayenne S Hybrid was delivered to me last Thursday and there is a warning message in yellow color shown up(Fault Hybrid System)every time after I drive off the vehicle. This warning message also shown up on the day that I recieved the car. At that time I asked the salesman of why it showed up. However, he said there is no problem with this message. Any suggestions, guys?
P.S. So far, my car is stilling running on the road with this warning message.

Regards,
Porsche Lover

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Serious Problem with 2011 Porsche Cayenne S Hybrid