Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

New Vantage on road in London

Old 03-04-2018, 05:00 PM
Dalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to behold
New Vantage on road in London

She's growing on me!

Old 03-04-2018, 08:12 PM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
sitting in awful London traffic... sad!

Old 03-04-2018, 10:25 PM
Dalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to behold
London traffic is bad but you get to know all the short cuts, plus most of the joy comes from people seeing your car and car watching. I miss sitting at a coffee place on Kings Road and just watching all the beautiful cars. I lived there for 9 years before moving to Seattle.

My commute to Seattle is worse than my commute in London, go figure.

Old 03-05-2018, 08:29 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
I don't get the negative comments about the Vantage's exterior. Just looks as exactly as a new Aston model should. The exhaust tips look a little crude, but I can see the "all business" Le Mans touch with that. The interior I am not as warm on. Will have to see and sit in it before final verdict. Seems like they cheapened some of small materials.

Old 03-05-2018, 10:03 AM
Mathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of light
The interior is a little busy, but it felt every bit as high quality as I expected. I am hugely interested to see how they'll have a manual version when the infotainment control **** is right there...

Old 03-05-2018, 10:17 AM
norbert6speed is just really nicenorbert6speed is just really nicenorbert6speed is just really nicenorbert6speed is just really nice
Originally Posted by Mathman85
The interior is a little busy, but it felt every bit as high quality as I expected. I am hugely interested to see how they'll have a manual version when the infotainment control **** is right there...
I've been curious about that too. MB offers manual transmissions with certain cars in Europe. However, it seems that if you spec the 'infotainment touchpad' as seen in your photos, you have to also spec the automatic. With the manual, you only get the joystick.

Either way, it looks like significant modifications to that center console will be required.

Old 03-05-2018, 03:52 PM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
maybe something like the Carrera GT and put the shifter out of where the current gear selectors are at?
otherwise they'll have to put that thing somewhere else
and hopefully that doesn't mean that they are only going to do the ****ty ASM
since some people consider that a manual

Old 03-06-2018, 09:13 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sonies
maybe something like the Carrera GT and put the shifter out of where the current gear selectors are at?
otherwise they'll have to put that thing somewhere else
and hopefully that doesn't mean that they are only going to do the ****ty ASM
since some people consider that a manual
Or for us old folks like an Alfa Spider Veloce