Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

OEM rim question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2018, 03:20 PM
DB9
DB9 is an unknown quantity at this point
OEM rim question

I'm the third owner of my DB9 and it has Vantage S rims -- or at least I always see them on Vantages and not on DB9s. The car was bought and sold to the previous two owners at the same dealership, AM Washington DC in Tyson's corner.

When I purchased I asked if they knew when the Vantage S rims were put on the car...and they said as far as they could remember it always had them. That seemed odd...but it's also asking a bit much to think they'd remember rims on a car that has been bought and sold before.

So I've obtained the build sheet and the original window sticker and both list the wheels as "Optional 19 inch 10 spoke graphite wheels"...and the Monroney even lists the upgrade price of $750 for these. I've included photos of the rims.

Any chance these rims might be original from the factory and not swapped out later? Does anyone know if it was possible to order a 2010 DB9 with these 'Vantage S' wheels on a DB9? Anyone know how I might find out (other than trying to find the previous owners -- unfortunately no one has been willing to disclose their names)? I've taken the wheels off and looked them over carefully trying to find a part number but can't find any markings, but if it's under the tire I wouldn't know since never had the tires off the rims.

Does anyone with the same rims -- Vantage or DB9 -- have their original build sheet or Monroney -- and if so -- are your rims listed as "Optional 19 inch 10 spoke graphite wheels"?

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20180312_171200.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	319.3 KB
ID:	522154   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170526_124543.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	395.5 KB
ID:	522155  
Old 03-12-2018, 07:06 PM
shootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura aboutshootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura about
think i've seen those before on db9, and they're not necessarily vantage specific wheels.

Old 03-12-2018, 08:58 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Those are the original 10 spoke graphite wheels. The DB9 and V8V share the same wheel size and as far as I know offsets so any wheel that works on a V8V works on the DB9, but the build sheet tells you it was originally ordered that way.

Those are my favorite OEM rims BTW.

Old 03-12-2018, 10:37 PM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by shootermcgav1n
think i've seen those before on db9, and they're not necessarily vantage specific wheels.
You have, mine LOL-----

The wheels are 10.5 in rears and standard 9.5 in front. They are .5in wider in the rear than standard DB9 wheels. I wrote a whole thread up on wheels factory for DB9s. MOST likely they are not OEM to the car. They are the 10-spoke graphite Vantage S wheels. I sold them to a Vantage owner on here and got BC Forged for my car. Offsets were not what I wanted.

PM me, I can help you at least get some possible answers from the original owners from the AM DC dealer. Will most likely need your VIN, then get them to call the owners previously and see if they can find out for you.

Old 03-12-2018, 11:00 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
What are the 10 spoke graphite wheels on the build sheet? I've never heard these called Vantage S wheels, they were always the Sport Pack option wheels.

I thought in Gavin's book showed them all as Sport Pack option wheels for both DB9 and Vantage. I have a set of 5 spoke DB9 wheels on mine right now that replaced the original Sport Pack wheels and they were the same, aren't they? I noticed no difference on or off the car.

[still my favorite wheels!]

Old 03-12-2018, 11:00 PM
lilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud of
The original owner of my car ordered these as an option on my V8V from the factory in the diamond turned option, here is how it shows on my build sheet

Old 03-12-2018, 11:39 PM
Originally Posted by HabitualOffender
What are the 10 spoke graphite wheels on the build sheet? I've never heard these called Vantage S wheels, they were always the Sport Pack option wheels.

]
I got out the book, how little I knew of 9's.

They had 2 different 10 spoke DP9 options. They are the same 5 spoke as the V8V Sport though, 8.5F and 9.5R.

I guess the build sheet has to say Diamond Turned to be these 10 spoke

Old 03-13-2018, 08:26 AM
DB9
Thanks everyone for the information. HO -- I know what you mean about the rims...when I first saw my DB9 online I really liked the rims...but when I saw them in person I was hooked.

I know my rims are sports pack because they have the concavities in the back...and please forgive my ignorance...but does "Optional 19 inch 10 spoke graphite wheels" mean sports pack wheel? How do you know if a rim is diamond turned?

Old 03-13-2018, 08:47 AM
07sportspack will become famous soon enough
Welcome to AM ownership. Great looking Aston and wheels for sure. Definitely a keeper !
I run a set of 20 Modular as well as my original sports pack wheels. IMHO the lite weight sports pack wheel is one of the best wheels Aston developed. The first time my wife saw the black 20's on mine she thought I bought a different car. I've never seen your DB9 combo but I really like them!

Old 03-13-2018, 10:31 AM
My 5 spokes are Diamond Turned, your 10 spoke are DT Sport Pack wheels [they were both optional with or without the Sport Pack] available beginning in 2010. I think you'll have to refer to Sherriff's DB9 wheel breakdown to know what wheels yours originally had.

Old 03-13-2018, 11:50 AM
lilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud oflilseevs has much to be proud of
The diamond turned wheels have horizontal etchings over the face where the diamond finished the surface during the wheel forging process

Old 03-13-2018, 05:31 PM
DB9
Thanks everyone! So these are definitely diamond turned and not original to the car, good to finally put that question to rest. I'll ask Sheriff and see if we can find out more.

Old 03-14-2018, 12:33 AM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by DB9
Thanks everyone! So these are definitely diamond turned and not original to the car, good to finally put that question to rest. I'll ask Sheriff and see if we can find out more.
Yes they are diamond turned.

My thread on OEM wheels had these listed. They are 9.5in in front and 10.5 in rear.

Copied from my other thread: YOURS ARE V8VS wheels------

What I gathered up over the past week:

Vantage Factory wheels sizes and offsets:
V8V-- 19 x 8.5 et +50.3; 19 x 9.5 et +62.5; Tire size is 235.40.19 front; 275.35.19 rear
2016 V8V-- Tire change sizes 245.40.19 front; 285.35.19 rear (not sure if the 2014- and up are the same listed)
V8VS-- 19 x 8.5 et +49; 19 x 10 et +59.3; Tire size is 245.40.19 front; 285.35.19 rear
V12V and S-- 19 x 9 et +51; 19 x 11 et +58; Tire size is 245.35.19 front; 295.30.19 rear

DB9 Factory Wheels:
DB9-- 19 x 8.5 et +50.3; 19 x 9.5 et +62.5; Tire size is 235.40.19 front; 275.35.19 rear
DBS-- 20 x 9 et +42; 20 x 11 et +54; Tire size is 245.35.20 front; 295.30.20 rear

Offset explanation explained in the below thread:
explained here in detail---https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-martin/296526-new-wheels-my-v8v-what-offset.html

Spacers for Factory wheels:
Vantage: Front 15mm; Rear 23mm
DB9: Front 15mm; Rear 20-23mm fluctuates between threads of what is listed. If someone has specifics list below and I will update

Old 03-14-2018, 12:13 PM
These 10 spoke DT wheels have always been listed as 8.5" and 9.5", They're in the book as Vantage wheels, 8.5/9.5 and not listed under the DB9 wheels, not that there couldn't be a mistake, but I've never seen one listed at 10.5"

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Aston-Marti...xaij4z&vxp=mtr

Old 03-14-2018, 11:08 PM
Originally Posted by HabitualOffender
These 10 spoke DT wheels have always been listed as 8.5" and 9.5", They're in the book as Vantage wheels, 8.5/9.5 and not listed under the DB9 wheels, not that there couldn't be a mistake, but I've never seen one listed at 10.5"

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Aston-Marti...xaij4z&vxp=mtr
You are correct, 10.5 is wrong. My apologies. I swear mine were 8.5/10's. Speedracer800 bought brand new Vantage S wheels. Had them painted black and then diamond turned again. Hence my pics. But, the point was they were slightly larger than OEM DB9 wheels. But not enough even with a 10mm spacer to make me happy. So sold them.. BUT I swear the rears were 10's, hence the larger 285 tire compared to stock 9.5in wheels with 275's not them.

Not trying to argue, just trying to help.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: OEM rim question